Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Hold me.

Frank hated the sad look that was on Jo's face now. She'd barely left his house in three days, the two of them feeling as if they'd slipped out of the world all together, building one of their own. The guilt from her eyes had faded away, and Frank had finally seen what Jo looked like happy. She was beautiful.

But now the pain and the shame were back. Pete would be home in just a few hours, and Jo needed to go back home and be ready for him. It would blow whatever it was she and Frank had if Pete came home to find Jo in bed with the neighbor.

Part of Frank wished she'd tell him that she wasn't going home at all. That she'd forget all about Pete and stay with him instead. But he knew he couldn't ask that of her. It was obvious she still felt something for her husband, despite the decline of their marriage. He pushed her hair away from her face, wanting to commit her features to memory in case she decided not to come back to him again.

Jo looked down, and Frank tried to imagine what she was thinking, what exactly put that pain in her eyes. He figured she was thinking about Pete, and how difficult it would be to face him with the guilt of how she'd spent their time apart.

"I don't know how I'm going to sleep at night," Jo said, her voice quiet enough to almost be a whisper.

"Feeling bad about we did?" Frank asked, his chest tightening.

Jo shook her head. "I meant without you next to me. You…you hold me. How am I going to sleep without you holding me?" Jo started to cry.

Frank was completely taken aback. He hugged her tightly. "I wish I could hold you tonight, too, Jo."

"Why isn't this my life, Frankie? Why can't I have this?"

Frank didn't know what to tell her. That she could? That all she had to do was throw away her marriage, her home? "I don't know," he said softly.

Jo clung to him tightly. After a moment, she pulled away, regaining her composure. "We should stay away from each other while Pete's home," she said, her tone now all business. "But he'll be gone Thursday morning. Can I come over that afternoon?"

"Of course," Frank replied.

Jo beamed. "Good. I'll see you Thursday."

Frank nodded. "See you then."

Jo gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before walking out the door. She was gone for only a moment before she burst back through the door, throwing her arms around him again. She kissed him deeply, leaving Frank breathless when she finally pulled away again. She gave him one last, longing look before running out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the wait. And I know this doesn't exactly make up for it. It kinda upset me writing this. :(
Possibly more updates later..