Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Forced images and Deafening music.

Frank glared at Jo's thoroughly dead car battery. After fifteen minutes, he'd come to the conclusion that it was entirely bereft of life. He wiped his hands off on a rag, looking over at Jo. "You need a new battery."

"Now? But I'm late to get Stacey as it is…"

"I can take you to pick your sister up," Frank offered. "And bring you to get a new battery, too, on the way back from the airport, if you want."

Jo looked up at him, appreciation shining in her eyes. "You'd really do that?"

Frank shrugged. "Sure. Not like I have anything else to do this morning. You ready to go now?"

"Let me just run in and get my purse," Jo said.

"Sure thing. I'll be waiting for you in my driveway."

When Jo came back outside, Frank was leaning against his black car, looking sexy enough for Jo's legs to almost go out on her. Jo took a deep breath, forcing an image of Pete's face to the forefront of her mind. When she approached, Frank walked around to the passenger's side, opening the door for her.

"Sorry it's a bit of a mess in there," he said, pushing some papers down into the floorboards.

"It's all right," Jo said, climbing inside the car. Frank shut the door for her before walking around to the driver's side.

"Where are we headed?" he asked, once he was in.

"Camden Street. It's over by the UC. Stacey has an apartment near the campus."

"I know the area. You might have to direct me more when we get closer."

"I can do that."

Frank put the key in the ignition, cranking the engine.

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated


"Sorry about that," Frank said, quickly turning off the blaring stereo. "Didn't realize I'd left that on."

"It's all right," Jo said, rubbing the ear she hoped she was not now deaf in.

Frank allowed himself one quick glance at the woman beside him before pulling out of the driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jo! You get to be the big sister in this story =D
Anyway.. 30 readers.. 2 comments..
Odd.. And kinda upsetting..