Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Back.

Pete left at four o'clock that morning to drive to L.A. Jo had told Frank that she would be over later in the day, but after her husband left, she couldn't fall back asleep. At four thirty, she got out of bed, slipped on her robe, and crept next door.

Jo pounded on the door loudly until Frank finally answered, wearing nothing but a pair of jeans, his eyes bleary. His appearance reminded Jo of when she'd come over not too long ago to ask him for help with her car. "Hey."

"Jo?" Frank asked sleepily.

"Yeah. Pete's gone already."

Frank glanced over at the clock. "Isn't it kind of early?"

"I couldn't fall back asleep knowing that I could be in your arms, but I wasn't."

Frank smiled. "Come on then. Your half of the bed has been feeling rather cold."

Jo smiled back, a thrill going through her at the thought of it not being just Frank's bed, but hers as well. Quickly, she forced that notion out of her head, feeling guilty for considering any bed but the one she shared with Pete "hers." Still, she took Frank's hand and let him lead her into the bedroom.

Frank got back into the bed with Jo quickly joining him, his arms immediately wrapping around her to hold her close.

Now with Frank, Jo had no problem going back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longer chapter to follow soon.