Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Unfaithful

Jo walked into the hotel that Patrick had told her Pete was staying in. It was late, and she was pretty sure she'd been awake for over twenty-four hours, but she didn't care. By this point, she was running on pure adrenaline.

The lobby was empty save for the one man sitting at the front desk. She approached him, resting her arms on the counter. "My name is Jo Wentz. I'm…"

"Staying in 412," the man finished for her. "Did you loose your key?"

"Um, yeah," Jo said. "Kind of embarrassing. I was out clubbing, and you know how things can happen."

The man gave her a smile. "Yeah, I do. But be careful, especially with your husband not with you. L.A. can be a dangerous place."

Jo just nodded. "So, can I have an extra key?"

"Sure, just let me see some ID. I've seen your husband, but I haven't seen you yet. It's for your own safety."

"I understand," Jo replied, taking out her license.

The man checked the name on her ID, then punched something on his keyboard. "Yep. Mr. and Mrs. Pete Wentz, checked into room 412 as of Thursday." He smiled at her, handing her a keycard from the wall behind him as well as her license. "Here you go, ma'am. Now I will have to charge you a lost key fee…"

"That's fine," Jo replied. "Thank you for your help."

"No problem. Have a good night, er, morning."

Jo smiled. "You, too." Jo's smile immediately faded as she turned and walked away, heading for the elevator. She walked down the hall to room 412, opening the door as softly as she could. The lights were off, but she could hear Pete's voice.

"Harder."

Jo's anger was the only thing that kept her from falling apart. The guilt, the pain she'd put both her and Frank through on Pete's behalf had been for nothing. While she'd been fighting what she felt inside, pushing away a man who loved her more than Pete had ever even dreamed of, her "loyal" husband had been sleeping with god knows what behind her back. She reached out and flipped on the light.

The couple of the bed stopped suddenly. Pete sat up, pushing the girl off him and covering them both quickly with a sheet. "Jo!"

"Hi, honey, miss me?" Jo asked with a saccharine smile. "Who's this? Leanne?"

"Aphrodisia," the girl replied, glaring daggers at Jo.

"Aphrodisia. So there's more than one. Wonderful."

"Pete, who is this?" Aphrodisia asked. "I didn't agree to a threesome."

Pete had the decency to look embarrassed. "No, um, Jo's my wife."

"Oh. Well, in that case can I just take my money and go?"

Jo's eyes bulged. "Money? Pete, is she a hooker?"

"You know, I prefer the term…"

Jo whipped her head around to face Aphrodisia. "I don't give a damn what you prefer. I'd prefer you weren't fucking my husband. Now get out."

"I'm not leaving without my money."

Pete grabbed his wallet from the nightstand, quickly handing Aphrodisia several bills. "There. Now get dressed and go. I need to talk to my wife."

"Whatever," Aphrodisia replied, taking the money. She got dressed and walked out of the room, giving Jo a snide grin as she shut the door.