Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Idiot.

"Frank! Frank!"

Frank woke slowly, Jo's voice pulling him from an uneasy sleep. He frowned, deciding he must've been dreaming that she was calling for him.

"Frank, are you home?"

Frank sat straight up. Jo was there, in his house. He jumped out of bed, struggling to put on his jeans as he ran out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. Jo was standing in the hallway. She smiled when she saw him, then ran to him, throwing her arms around him.

"Frank, I'm so sorry," Jo said, hugging him tightly. "I was wrong. I love you, Frank. I love you so much."

Frank pulled her back, holding on to her arms as he stared at her, his expression one of shock and disbelief. "You…you love me?"

"Yes. I know I didn't treat you right before, and I'm sorry. But I do love you. I want to be with you."

"And Pete?"

"It's over," Jo said. "I…I caught him in a hotel with a hooker last night. I don't know why I ever tried to hold on to that. You're the one I want-the one I need."

Frank cupped Jo's face in his hand. "I…"

"Frankiekins?"

Frank froze, then cursed under his breath. How could he have forgotten about that…

Jo looked up sharply, her mouth falling open as Frank's bedroom door opened, and Melody walked into the hallway, wrapped in Frank's sheet. Jo looked at Frank in disbelief for a moment before her expression changed to anger. "Melody? You slept with Melody!"

"I…I can explain."

Jo held up her hand. "No. I can't believe you…with that skank!"

"Excuse me!" Melody yelled. "You're not going to let her talk about me like that, are you, Frankiepoo?"

"Mel…" Frank said, his voice a warning."

"Frank… Make her go away," Melody said.

Frank closed his eyes for a second, willing himself to stay calm. "Melody, I need you to leave."

"What! Don't tell me you're picking that over me. Do you have any idea how much of a freak she was in high school?"

"I don't fucking care!" Frank yelled, turning around to face Melody. He tried to remember why bringing her home had seemed like a good idea the night before, but couldn't. "Just go."

"What, but…" Melody stopped, glaring. "I gave you the best…bunch of months of my life!" She stormed over to Frank, holding the sheet to her with one hand as she used the other to slap him. "I thought I could change you, Frank. I thought maybe if I gave, and I gave, and gave, maybe you'd come around. Maybe be a little nicer. Stop treating me like your dog. But now I see it's you. You're the dog." She slapped him again, then went back to the bedroom.

Frank and Jo stood in the hallway, an awkward silence hanging between them until Melody came back out of the bedroom, dressed. She stood in front of Frank, smirking. "And you can say good-bye to this," Melody said, pointing to her behind, "because you're not going to see it anymore. Ever." She started to walk away, but then stopped. "Unless you run into me somewhere, and it's me, walking away from you. But even then, I'll probably just, you know…back away." True to her word, Melody backed down the hallway until Frank couldn't see her anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only 5 more chapters left of this story...