Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Mental abuse

"No, I'm fine," Jo said, wiping at her eyes with her hand, thankful that she'd had the foresight to wear waterproof mascara. "I'm never good at saying good bye, even if it's just for a little while."

"I don't think anyone is, sugar."

Jo shivered. There is was again. Honey… She realized that she thought it sounded sexier than anything Pete had ever called her, and she chastised herself. "So are you still willing to take me to get a new car battery?" she asked.

"Of course. I know a guy who can get you a good deal. I'll bring you there."

"Thank you. Although I'm warning you now, I have no idea how to put on in…"

Frank laughed. "I figured as much. I'll put it in for you, don't worry."

"Thank you so much for your help today, Frankie. I don't know what I would've done without you."

He really wished she'd agreed to call him Frank, Frankie seemed so.. Young "Not a problem, Mrs. Wentz. I'm just glad I could help you."

"Call me Jo, please," she said. "It seems weird, you calling me 'Mrs.' I think you're older than me." Jo blushed. "Not that you're old, I just mean…"

"It's all right. I think I am older than you. I'm guessing you were a young bride."

"Nineteen. I think after my mother died, I just wanted some stability back in my life." Jo blushed yet again, realizing she'd said more than she'd meant to.

Frank shrugged. "Beats throwing anything stable out the window, I guess."

"Is that what you did?"

Frank gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. "About that car battery…"

Jo mentally kicked herself for prying into a subject she had no business discussing with him. "Um, yeah. So, where are we going for that?"
♠ ♠ ♠
PN - I think Frankie's cute! (The name, I'm more of a Mikey-lover myself.)