Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Manly things

Frank shut the hood of Jo's car. "There ya go. Good as new."

Jo smiled. "Thank you so much. Again, I don't know what I would've done without your help."

"It was nothing." Frank met her eyes, his expression serious. "Jo, if you ever need anyone to y'know, do manly things when Pete's away, don't hesitate to ask."

Jo got the sudden image of Frank doing a very 'manly thing' to her, right there on the hood of her car, followed by complete surprise that she'd think such a thing. Again, she forced herself to think of Pete. "Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I, um, ever need any of those manly things…"

"Right then," Frank said, sensing the awkward tone the conversation had taken. "I'll just be, um, going back into my house now."

Jo started to walk away, too, but then stopped. "Frankie, wait."

Frank turned around. "Yeah?"

"Um, you want me to fix brunch? I'm kind of hungry, and I figure you are, too, and um, it's the least I can do, seeing as you carted me all around Belville and fixed my car."

Frank thought for a brief second about turning her down, but then decided that he should jump at the chance to spend even a moment more with this woman. "Sure. But only because I'm hungry-not because you owe me anything."

"Great! So you like omelettes?"

*** *** ***

"He actually fell for that?"

"Completely. I mean, I knew the bloke was stupid, but really…"

Jo wiped tears from her eyes again, only this time they were from laughter. "I can definitely see how you became a writer, Frankie," she said. "You really can tell a story."

"You're only saying that because you never read my poetry."

"Poetry?"

Jo tried unsuccessfully not to laugh. "You're kidding, right?"

"Sadly, no. Although luckily, I discovered prose, and the rest was history."

Jo nudged his arm with her elbow. "You think you'd let me read any of that poetry someday?"

"Burnt it. All of it. Fucking awful bonfire."

"You're lying."

Frank smirked. "Okay, I didn't burn it. But it is quite well hidden."

"Okay, fine. I won't make you show it to me if you don't want to."

"Thanks, sugar."

Jo swallowed hard. The part of her that was Mrs. Pete Wentz rebelled against this man having a nickname for her, but the part of her that was still just Jo Cartwright relished it, wanting more.

Jo couldn't help but let her eyes travel downward. Jo turned a deep crimson at the unbidden thought. Frank noticed the direction of her stare and smirked again. She licked her lips, and he had to resist the urge to adjust himself.

Frank took a deep breath, willing his body to calm, even under her heated gaze. He stood, deciding now was a good time to make his exit, unless he wanted her oversized wanker of a husband to come after him later… "I hate to break up the party, but I really do need to get home and work on my novel."

Jo blinked, coming back to reality. She blushed, then blushed a little more when she realized just how much she'd been doing that today. "Okay. I'm sorry I kept you from your work."

"Oh, don't worry about that at all, love. You were a welcome distraction."

Jo smiled at him. "Glad to hear it. Come on, I'll walk you to the door."

Frank nodded, following her out. When they got to the door, he reached out, resting his hand lightly on her shoulder. Both Frank and Jo felt the sudden rush the accompanied the simple touch. "I'm serious about you letting me know if you need anything."

"I know. And I will."

Frank gave her one more charming smile before leaving the house.

Jo shut the door behind him, quickly leaning against it as her knees finally gave out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bah. Bad. Bad writers block =O
Oh yeah.. Jo (And my Jo) wants Frankie-poo to do manly things to her.. Over and over and.. Well.. You get the idea ;]
Personally.. Gerard + Manly things..= A VERY happy Naenae =D