Black Star Love

Chapter 1

“Frank, man wake up.” Yesterday I spent the night over at Gerard’s house and he was getting ready to leave.

“Where you going?” I got up rubbing my eyes.

“Where else church.” Gee can be weird. When ever he feels he sins, he decides to go to church with his mom.

I was putting on my shoe when Mickey came into Gee’s room, “Gee are you…” He stopped as he saw me. “Hey Frank.”

“Hey Mikey.” Mikey is a real cool guy. Him and his brother have been my best friends since I can remember, but there’s only one thing that he doesn’t know. I like him and more than just a friend.

Gee knows. Once he saw me staring at his brother and straight out asked me If I was gay. I had no idea of what to tell him, but I said that I was confused. Than he asked me if I liked his brother.

On that question, I told him I didn’t know. I expected him to tell me to stay away from his brother, but all he said was ‘cool.’

We haven’t talked about me liking his brother since then.

“Frank, are you going to go with Gee and my mom?”

“No, are you?” I replied putting on my shirt.

“Nah, want to do something?” I wasn’t going to miss out on a chance to hang out with the guy I like.

“Umm, Sure I just have to go home change and I’ll be back.”

“Yey!” He ran out of Gee’s room.

I finally pulled on my sweater. “I think he likes you.” Gee said in a whisper.

“What?”

He looked at me like if I had just asked a stupid question and then repeated, “I think Mikey Likes you.”

My heart skipped a beat. “You do?”

“Yeah,” His mom called him, “He broke up with his girlfriend yesterday.”

Oh my god! That means I have a chance… but what if he’s not gay?

We both made our way downstairs. “Bye Gee, tell Mikey I’ll be back in a few. Bye Mrs. Way.”

“Bye Frank.”

It didn’t take long to get to my house. I only lived a two blocks away from Gee.

Mom had made breakfast.

I quickly ate before heading upstairs for a shower. I threw on a clean pare of jeans and a t-shirt.

I was applying my eyeliner, when something caught my eyes. I put down the pencil and picked up the picture.

It was a picture of me and Dave. Dave was one of our closest friends. Well at least to Mikey and Gee. To me, he was my boyfriend. No one knew about us.

I was really depressed when he died, but that was two years ago.

When Gee asked if I was gay. I didn’t exactly lie, but I didn’t tell him the truth either.

I ripped up the picture and threw it away on my way out.

Just as I made my way to the Way’s residence, I saw someone coming from the opposite direction. As I got closer and closer, I noticed that it was Elizabeth, Mikey’s girlfriend.

She was really pretty. She had short brown hair, blue eyes and very active. If I weren’t gay and if she weren’t Mikey’s girlfriend, or ex, I would totally date her.

“Hey Frank.” She greeted me with a hug, “Do you know If Mikey’s home?”

I didn’t know what to say. She scolded herself. “How dumb am I. Your just coming from your house.”

I smiled, “Come on, we won’t know if he’s home if we don’t knock.”

Wait if Mikey really did break up with her, why was she here? Was she here to try and convince him to get back with her?