Black Star Love

Chapter 12

After school, Gee said he was going to go over to Rays house. That let me and Mickey. We waited at the back of the school for my mom. She said she was going to pick me up.

I looked to my right and then to my left. When I thought there was no on in sight, I leaned in and kissed Mickey. “Frank…”

I giggled to myself, “What?… I couldn’t help it.” I was standing in front of him, when I heard someone walking up to us. And I knew who it was. “Hi Frank.” Her voice was squeaky. I forced my self, and replied hi to her.

“Hi Mickey.” He on the other hand ignored her.

That reminds me. I have to talk to Mickey about Dave.

“Mickey,” She took his hand. I wanted her to leave so badly and it was just my luck. “Do you want to…” He voice disappeared as she saw Elizabeth coming up to us.

Her and Kathy… not the best combination. Elizabeth greeted me and Mickey but not Kathy.

“I think I should go.” She let go of Mickey.

“Why just because I’m here?” Elizabeth asked rudely. I was actually enjoying this. “Or because you hitting on Mickey in front of his ex girlfriend?”

Hahaha, Kathy looked like she was about to get down with Elizabeth. “My moms here,” I spoke up, “Want a ride Elizabeth?”

She accepted and we all got into the car leaving Kathy like and idiot standing there.

I asked Elizabeth if she wanted to come over and she accepted. My mom dropped of us pf at the house, before heading of to her second job. Yesterday se missed work, just so that she could talk to me. I reassured her that everything was ok.

I was sitting upside down on the big couch next to Mickey and Elizabeth sat on the small couch. We were watching the show, The grim adventures of Billy and Mandy, when Mickey spoke to Elizabeth. He apologized for going to her house yesterday.

“It’s ok Mickey,” She smiled at both of us, “But I was worried about you, so I called Frank.”

Wait that didn’t make sense, “Elizabeth, why didn’t you call Gee instead?”

She looked down at her hands. “‘Cause Mickey said he wanted to see you.”

“I said that?” Mickey looked up, trying to see if he remembered.

“Yeah. You also told me what happened between you and that bitch.” She was probably referring to Kathy.

“I remember that part, and then I remember telling you about Frank seeing what she did.” He scooted closer to me.

“Yeah… so… you two really are together?”

Mickey closed his eyes and kissed me without hesitation. I guess that answered her question, and Dave’s. We still are together.

I loved Mickey, but it didn’t feel right kissing him in front Elizabeth. I pulled away from him and sat up straight on the couch, “Eliza, are you ok with that?”

She got up and sat next to me. She took my hand in hers, “Yeah, I mean it did hurt to hear that Mickey only likes me as a friend, but it makes me happy that he’s happy and that he kept his promise.”

I looked over at Mickey, “What promise?”

“He said I would still be is best friend, and when he came for my help, I knew he wasn’t lying.”

I’m telling you, she’s an awesome person. Not long after that she left home, but we talked a little more. I asked her why she hated Kathy so much. Eliza, said that her and Kathy were best friends a long time ago … ok, more than just best friends. Kathy dumped her for this guy that later dumped her.

Eliza also told us that she was happy for us and that she was going to do her best to keep Kathy and anyone like her away from us.

Mickey was stretched out on the big couch, when I came back from the kitchen. I thought it would be funny if I jumped on him.

“Frank…” I had knocked the wind out of him. “I’m sorry baby.” I kissed him and tried to get of off him, but he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

I gave up and cuddled up with him. He kissed my earlobe and started to move down my neck. It felt good being in his arms, but I still had something to deal with.

“Mickey… why did you get drunk yesterday?” He stopped his actions ad pushed me off of him. I was afraid I had gotten him mad.

He reached over for his backpack and took my hand. “Come on… I have to show you something.”

“Where are we going?”

He opened the front door. “My house.”