Black Star Love

Chapter 16

“Sophie, hun,” Grandma came into the living room. “I saw your mother outside and she asked me to tell you to head home.”

She let go of my had and said goodbye. I waved at her and watched her leave until she was out of the house.

I laid there on the couch thinking of what I had just said … I can’t like her … and even if I did, she’s not the type of person I would like. I mean yeah she’s pretty but I don’t know… I’m just infatuated. Besides I’m gay, and I still love Mickey right?

I sighed and shook my head violently trying not to think, but when grandma placed a had on my should I stopped. “I’m sorry mama Linda.”

She gave my shoulder a squeeze. “No need to be sorry,” She kissed me on the cheek, “Now upstairs, drink these and get some sleep. Hopefully your sore throat is gone be tomorrow.

I kissed her good night and went upstairs. Not long after I got into bed, I was sound asleep.

**

“Grandma,” I whined.

“No Frank I said no and that’s final.” She wasn’t being fair.

“Please Grandma-” The doorbell rang. I gave up. And went to answer it. I don’t get it. If I want to smoke I get to smoke if I want to … ok not anymore. Grandma took them away from me and since this is her house I have to respect her rules … and her.

“Hi Frank.” My mood lit up as I saw her standing in the front porch. “Hi.” I let her in.

We went into the kitchen, where grandma was making pancakes. Sophie helped grandma with breakfast, while I looked around in the drawers, but nothing.

“Frank!”

“Ok, ok, I’ll stop looking.” I sat down and looked around. Nope, nothing. “Grandma, can I to the store?”

She stopped and looked at me. “What are you going to buy?… no you know what, why don’t you go and take Sophie with you?”

“That’s a grate idea, then I could show you around the town.” Sophie got excited. I wanted to go so badly, but if I didn’t want to feel the way I do for her, I have to stay away.

“No thanks, I think I’ll wait for my mom.” I left them in the kitchen and went up to my room to see if I could fined something interesting.

I connected my old stereo, and looked around for CD’s, luckily I found some under my bed.

I laid on my bed and sang to the words. Not long after, my mom came.

We were all sitting in the living room. I was playing with my cell phone again. I was sitting across Sophie, so I decided to take a picture of her … I thought about erasing it, but I couldn’t. She looked so beautiful. Ah! There I go again. I shut my phone as my mom announced that she was leaving. She said that she was going to come back every weekend to visit me.

Grandma was taking a nap in her room when Sophie came up to me and said she was leaving. I waited for her to leave, but she was still standing in front of me. “Um, Frank…”

“Yeah.” I stood up and met her gaze.

“You know, if you didn’t want me around… all you had to do was say so….” se turned to leave, but grabbed her hand. I guess I had been a bitch to her the whole day, so it wasn’t a surprise that she told me that.

“No, Sophie,” I couldn’t look at her. “I ‘m sorry, I don’t want you to stay away …” I wasn’t lying. “I … I…-” was I actually going to tell her that I liked her?

Surprisingly she giggled, “Your grumpy, ‘cause your grandma wont let you smoke?”

I smiled, “Yeah, you took the words right out of my mouth.” I wasn’t lying. I was going to say that after I told her I like her…

“Cool, so you want to walk to school tomorrow?”

“Uh, sure.” Shit! School tomorrow.