Black Star Love

Chapter 18

I was getting ready for bed, when my cell phone vibrated. I looked at it but the number didn’t seem familiar. Hesitantly I answered.

It was Sophie. “Frank, I’m sorry about today.”

“Don’t be. You didn’t do anything wrong.” I had forgotten I had given her my number.

“No you don’t get it Frank,” She paused, but I didn’t say anything. She sounded like she had to say more, “I… I’ve done many stupid things just so that I could fit in and today when you said you didn’t fit in and that you didn’t want to get hurt, I guess it got me thinking…”

“Thinking about…”

“About how I’ve got to stop pretending being someone else and be myself… can we still walk to school tomorrow?”

“Yeah.”

What she said got me thinking. What did she mean by her not wanting to pretend and be herself? I fell asleep thinking about it.

When I woke up, I knew the day was going to special … and how did I know that? … because I woke up to the smell of coffee.

Yep I quickly changed and went downstairs. Mama Linda giggled as she saw me up so early. Not long time after the doorbell rang.

I grabbed my backpack and skipped to the door. Opening it my jaw dropped, as I saw what was before my eyes.

She was beautiful … Short black hair, spiked at the back, with long bangs in the front. Tight black pants with a stud belt and a fishnet shirt under a black tank top…

I must have been staring for a long time not, ‘cause she looked down at he shoes and started to blush. “Ready to go Frank?”

“Oh, uh, yeah …” I closed the door behind me and walked after her.

When we got to school, everyone and what I mean everyone was looking at us. It was like a red carpet moment.

When we got to our first class the same girls came over to Sophie. “Oh my god! You look…”

“Awesome.” I finished for them. They looked at me disgustingly, but I ignored them. I looked at Sophie straight in the eyes and smiled at her. She smiled back. “I … I’m going go over there with Sam…”

I left here there with her so called friends.

When I sat next to Sam, she asked, “What’s wrong with you.”

“Nothing.” there was something wrong with me. I’m falling in love… with a girl.