Black Star Love

Chapter 20

Gerard, Ray, Bob and Mickey were standing at the bottom of the steps. I couldn’t help but to smile. I haven’t seen these guys in a long time … ok, so only three days, but I missed them. “Dam fu,” I hugged Gerard, “We called your house and your mom said you left.”

“Yeah,” I hugged Ray, “Then we called your cell, but you wouldn’t answer.” I hugged Bob, and then I came down to Mickey, “Yeah, we missed you.” I hugged him tightly.

I had been avoiding about thinking about this moment, ‘cause I didn’t know how I felt, but when I hugged Mickey I knew that I had missed him and that well … I still love him.

We all walked outside to the front law and sat on the grass. None of them asked why I had left so I figured I didn’t want to tell them, so it was good that they didn’t ask.

“So when are you going to come back?” Gee asked.

“Next semester. I wanted to try something new, you know …” I don’t even know where that came from.

Since the moment we came outside, I happen to notice that Mickey was being a little too quiet. Usually he’s the one that keeps us laughing.

I was looking over at him, when I felt something vibrate… my cell phone. I took it out, to see that it was Sophie. In less than a blink of an eye Gerard snatched it from my hand, “Booty call!”

Ray, Bob and Mickey giggled as I tried to take my phone away from Gee, but failed, “Hey sexy, what’s your name? … Sophie, huh, I like it …mines is Gerard … yes, Frank is here … why do you want to talk to him? Is he your man? … I see, well I could be you man if you want too-” I placed one of my hands on his mouth and with the other I took the phone away from him.

“Hello.” I answered it. Sophie told me that she was over at Sam’s house and then she asked me was I with. “Oh, I’m here outside, with Bob, Gerard Mickey and Ray … Want to come over?”

“Ok.” She hung up before I could say another word. Three minutes went by before I heard Sam’s house door open. Both girls crossed the street.

I also saw something else … Elizabeth was getting out of Bob’s car. All they boy stared at Sam and Sophie, while I stared at Elizabeth. “Guys … what’s Eliza doing here?”

“Oh, um, she fell asleep and we didn’t want to wake her up so we left her sleeping there.” Ray answered. All three girls stopped in front of us at the same time.

I noticed that Gerard turned light pink as Sophie glanced at him. All the girls sat with us. I introduced they guys and Eliza to Sophie and Sam and then did the opposite.

It was funny, ‘cause I never thought I would see all of them together. “So your Gerard.” Sophie looked at Gee with wide eyes.

“Yep, that would be me.” Gerard’s voice was soft. I knew what was up. Gee liked Sophie. I started thinking about a way to get them together, when someone poked my head. “Ouch.” I pushed Mickey’s hand away.

“Wait, your bleeding.” he showed me his finger which had blood. Shit! My cut must have opened up. “What happened?” I saw his worried eyes.

“It was Tom.” Sam said harshly.

“Who’s Tom?” Elizabeth asked.

“This idiot … but Frank saved us from him.” Sophie said proudly.

I smiled at her and stood up. “I’ll be back. I’m going to go see what I can do about this,” I pointed to my head.

“I’ll help you.” Mickey stood up and came after me.