Black Star Love

Chapter 21

As we entered the restroom, I went straight to the cabinet and took a look at what was inside. I heard Mickey close the door behind me. I took out a box of bandages and closed the cabinet, to see my reflection in the mirror. I could see as Mickey walked across the bathroom and stood at my right.

I took out a couple of bandages and fiddled with them, trying to get them open, but I couldn’t. I was to nervous, and I don’t know why. Why should I be nervous?

I flinched as Mickey stretched out his hand and took the bandage from me. I figured I would let him fix my cut. He’s done it before.

My cut was about two inched wide. He placed one bandage on my forehead and them retched for another one. I watched closely as he placed the second bandage. The whole time I tried to make eye contact with him, but he just wouldn’t look at me.

Surprisingly, he sighed and looked at me, “I’m sorry Frank …” He looked away from me, “I was worried about you, I thought that something had happened to you.”

His eyes were shinning, he wanted to cry. I reached out for his hand, but he pulled it away, “I don’t want to hurt you anymore Frank, I don’t …” He shook his head. There was sadness in his voice. “I know I did wrong and I know that I’m never going to be able to love you like Dave but-”

“Mickey this isn’t about him anymore, this is about you and me,” I took his hand and didn’t let go of it. “I don’t want to loose you.” I meant every word I said.

“That’s not going to work Frank, I like you but I have to stay away from you.” the tears busted out from his eyes. And so did they from my eyes. “What are you trying to say Mickey? … your braking up with me?”

He closed his eyes, “Yes.”

I shook my head, “But I love you Mickey.”

“No! Don’t say that. Your only making things harder!” He pushed me away.

“Tell me that you don’t love me.” I had to heard it from him.

“What?”

“Tell me that you don’t love me Mickey,” I paused and whipped some of my tears away, “If you do, I will walk right out of here and pretend that nothing ever happened between you and me … I want to hear you say it.” I didn’t want to hear him say it, and I knew I was never going to be able to walk away like if nothing ever happened.

“Look at me and say it Mickey!” it took him about three seconds for him to look at me. His lips were shaking.