Black Star Love

Chapter 23

Three years later, I’m sharing an apartment with Mickey. Through the years he changed … a lot, but I still haven’t stopped loving him. Today is Christmas eve, but Mickey had to work … or at least that’s what he said, but anyways, the point is that he won’t come back, ‘till tomorrow so I took my time when I walked across the hall to Gee’s and Sophie’s apartment.

Yep you guesses it. Six months after I introduced them, they became girlfriend and boyfriend. They’ve had problems in their relationship, at first it was because they lived miles away and Gerard had told me that the idea of braking up with her had crossed his mind, but on their own they managed to make it through.

My bad, now why was I at their apartment again … right, Mickey’s present. I had bought a puppy for Mickey, and I knew it was going to be hard to hid it so I asked Sophie to keep him. Today was the day I get to bring him home.

“Here you go.” Sophie handed me the box that held the Chihuahua inside. I still hadn’t given it a name. I wanted to leave that up to Mickey.

I placed the box on my lap and looked down at the puppy. It jumped up and licked my face. I giggle and pushed it away from me. Sophie sat down next to me on the couch “Mickey’s going to love his present.”

“I hope so.”

I was petting the puppy when I felt Sophie’s hand on my neck. My whole body froze at that instant. “Frank,” se waited for me to turn and look at her, “Did Mickey do this to you?” She was referring to the purple bruise that I had on the right side of my neck.

“No…” I didn’t sound so convincing… not even I bought my own lie.

She sighed and wrapped her arms around me, “Frank, if you ever need anything, you know me and Gee are here for you don’t you.” Her eyes glistered with fear.

I showed her a fake smile, “I know Sophie,” I hugged her back, “But don’t worry. It wont happen again ok.”

“Ok.” she kissed my cheek and left to open the door. I bet it was Gee. Hahah, he always forgets his keys.

Yep, I was right. It was him.