Black Star Love

Chapter 28

In about half an hour I was driving up the driveway. A white car was parked there and I knew who it belonged to. It was my mom’s boyfriend’s. His names Emanuel, but I call him Many. My mom gave him that nickname.

He’s a pretty cool guy, and to be honest, I get along with him pretty well. My mom really loves him and he knows about me and Mickey … or knew, but the point is that he was ok with me. They’ve been going out for about two years and a half.

As I walked up the front steps, I thought about telling mom about what happened, but then again I don’t want to worry her.

Just like I had suspected, mom opened the door and she smiled with joy of seeing me again.

“Frankie honey.” she wrapped her arms around me before letting me in. As we walked down the isle, I head voices coming from the living room. “You came just in time. We were talking about you.”

“We,” I asked as we walked into the living room.

“Yeah, we.” Many was sitting down next to this guy I had never seen before. He had spike blond hair and green bright eyes. Skinny and tall … well at least to me he looked tall.

“Frankie, you know Many,” She turned to the other guy, “This is Danny, Many’s son … Danny, this is Frank, my son.” I shook his hand.

I never knew Many had a son.

I took a seat across from them. It surprised me how Danny was a really talkative guy. “So Frank, I was telling my dad and you mom that I was bout a house around here and your mom suggested that you’d show me around town.”

“Yeah honey and maybe you could introduce him to your friends …” she looked around. “Where’s Mickey?’

I grunted, “He couldn’t come.”

“Who’s Mickey?” I know Danny didn’t mean to be asking these question, he was just curious.

“My friend.” Mom and Many exchanged looks. I think they caught what I meant. “Anyways, I got nothing to do. I wouldn’t mind showing you round.”

“Cool.” Danny flashed me a smile. I think I must have gotten lost in his beautiful smile, ‘cause he started to blush.

It was fun visiting my mom. Se had backed cookies, but the didn’t taste the same as mama Linda’s.

Mom loved flower a lot and she told me that she had planted some new ones in the back yard. She got up and dragged me outside, wanting me to see them. Honestly I was the only one that would tell her when her garden looked … not right, so she always asks me to judge it.

As we headed back inside, Danny was coming toward us with something familiar in his hand. My cell phone.

He handed it to me. “Um you dropped it when stood up and then it started ringing.”

“Thanks,” I took it from him and walked back to the living room. I opened it up to seen a new message and it was from Mickey … most importantly it had been read.

I looked up to meet eyes with Danny. He gave me an I’m sorry look. I wanted to be mad at him, for going through my phone, but I didn’t want to, so I just turned back to my phone.

I’m sorry Frankie for everything, please come back … I didn’t mean to hit or cheat on you … I wasn’t thinking…please babe … I love you… Tears were coming to my eyes again, but I kept them in. This message reminded me of the first time I told Mickey I loved him.

“Who was it hun?” my moms voice brought me back to reality. “Oh, um Mickey … He wants me to go back home.” I didn’t lie to her.

She giggled. “Hey misses you already …”
♠ ♠ ♠
I started a new story if anyone wants to read. it's called Punk Spice And everything Nice I've never written nothing like it before. = ]