Black Star Love

Chapter 33

I tried hard not to cry but the tears came to me. Once in a while I would sob for a couple of minutes and Danny would just wrap his arms around me and hugged me. The only thing he didn’t do was speak. The whole time he was quiet listening to everything I had to say.

It scared me. I looked at him when I was finished explaining my crisis, but he still didn’t say anything. It never occurred to me that he might not understand what I was going through or am going through, and confuse me for a psychopath.

“So you saw Dave yesterday?” it wasn’t what I expected to hear, but I nodded.

“Oh … Well I don’t know what to say … I thought you were crying because Mickey was dancing with that dude... “

“Well yeah I guess I was crying because of that …” I stopped for a quick second. “Wait I wasn’t crying because of Mickey …”

“Oh, well when you noticed he was in the room, you left to the kitchen and then I went to get you, that was when I saw you crying. When we started dancing you saw Mickey dancing with this dude. You said something about seeing him before and the next thing I knew you guys were throwing punches at each other.

“I… I don’t remember that happening.”

Danny looked sad, “So you don’t remember anything from last night?”

I shook my head, “No, why?”

“Just asking …” He flashed me a smile, but I knew he was just pretending. Something was wrong with him, “So why don’t you stay here with me?”

“What?”

“I mean you said you wanted to move out of you apartment right? And well this place is to big for me. I feel lonely.” His eyes grew wide and he smiled, but for real this time. “Yeah, you should do that. I don’t mind you staying here with me, that’s if you still want to move away from Mickey.”

I sighed, “If what you said is true then I think the best way of leaving Mickey is for me to leave him completely…”

I agreed to live with Danny. I have no idea why I accepted. “Awesome,” He patted me on the back.

My words came out of my mouth without thinking, “Danny, do you think I’m crazy?”

“I don’t think your crazy …” I turned to look at him, "I actually think you’re a grate person and I would love to help you in any way that I can..."

“Thanks.” He gave my knee a little squeeze and flashed me a smile before getting up and heading upstairs. His touchy gave me confusing feelings. More than the confused feelings I felt towards Mickey.