Black Star Love

Chapter 35

Frankie, you don’t know how much you man to me. As the year passed by it hut more and more to tell you that I loved you, because … because you were right. I do love you but only as a friend. When Dave left me for you that day that he cheated on you my heart was broke … I loved him Frank, the same way you loved him, but he loved you not me. He even died for you … I figured that if, if I got close to you it would be like loving him, but it did turn out that way. I knew I was hurting you, so I went to other people so that I wouldn’t hurt you, but I was stupid, ‘cause I was hurting you the whole time. I’m sorry that I ever made you love me … maybe you didn’t ever love me, but I admire you Frank. You were able to leave him behind, and move on, but with an ass hole like me. I still love him Frankie … I can’t stop loving him … It hurt me to write this because I was able to tell you everything. And then all the truth just turned into lies… I’m sorry. That I hurt you physically and mentally, but hell I think I’m more screwed up. I cant even believe my own brother still talks to me … I need help Frank… I’m glad that your staying away from me because it was the best choice you could have ever made.

I wanted to stop reading the letter as I started, but I wanted to know what Mickey was going through. I couldn’t believe what I was reading. This letter was like a death sentence for me. Everything that I had feared was true.

I wanted to turn on the car, drive back to the apartment and talk to Mickey. I wanted to help him. I cant just let him eat himself alive, but then All the things he did to me came back to my mind and anger took over me. I got out of the car and walked the rest of the way to Danny’s house.

He wasn’t there when I arrived, but my mom was. I didn’t even want to know why she was here. She extended her arms out as she saw the tears in my eyes. She wrapped her motherly arms around me and rubbed my back softly. “It’s going to be ok hun…”

We sat on the couch. She waited for me to stop sobbing before she spoke up. “I… Said that you were moving, but he didn’t say why,” she paused and leaned over and kissed me softly on the cheek. “I think I know what happened.”

Oh if she only knew the real truth.

She said she was here for me if I needed anything. Soon she left after I assured her that I was going to be ok, that I had just had a nervous brake down. When she left, I sighed thankfully that Danny didn’t tell her everything I had told him.

When Danny came back, I was making using my laptop. I was writing a poem. I looked up to see him. My eyes grew wide before I chuckled. He reminded me f Sophie. One day their blond and colorful. The next day they’re a darker shade.

“What do you think?” He asked walking over and sitting next to me. He had dark red almost burgundy hair. He wore tight blue jeans and a Lordi t-shirt.

“You look different … why?” I gave him a questioning look?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know I wanted to try something new…” He looked down at his lap.

I nudged him with my elbow, “I think you look great,” a smile appeared on his face, “I didn’t know you liked Lordi.”

He smiled mischief, “Yeah, they’re pretty cool, you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover Frank.”

“Haha, yeah I think I figured that out …” I was about to close my laptop when Danny snatched it from me.

“Danny give it back-” He poke me twice in my tummy and I stated giggling, “stop!” I pleaded him.

He stopped and quickly turned to the computer, “What were you typing?” he asked as he saw the open window.

“Nothing…” I tried to take it away from him, but he threaten to keep tickling me.

“Can I read it? … it looks like a poem.”

“It is and you cant read it.” He gave me puppy eyes. Imagine glistering puppy green eyes, with a touch of eyeliner, how could I resist. “Fine.” I leaned over and watched as he read my poem.

Even through I wrote it, I also read it.

Foil paper is shiny. So is the
back side of a CD when pointed
toward the bright sun.

You on the other hand you also
shine, but not like a brand new
nickel or sparkling glitter.

Not like the way the ocean
blue water shines as the
sun sets in the west.

You shine like the stars in
the dark blue sky, illuminating
the way for the lost.

Or like the light a mother
sees when giving life to
a new born baby.