Black Star Love

Chapter 4

It was a rainy day. Me and Dave had gone to this concert, but we hadn’t expected it to rain. We were both under a dig tree in the park.

“You think we’ll make if we run fast?” It was a stupid question for me to ask, knowing that our houses were still a couple of miles away.

“No and I don’t think I can run anymore. I’m tired.” I had turned to look at him. He was sitting on the wet ground leaning against the tree.

I laughed at him and sat next to him.

“I’m cold.” He was shivering. I had hugged him many times before, so I wrapped my arms around him. He wasn’t warring a sweater. But I was.

I pressed my cheek against his. And he pulled me closed.

Fuck he was cold. “Now what?” He asked me in a shivery voice.

Back then I didn’t have a clue of what to do. We were miles away from home, so I answered him honestly. “I don’t know.”

We had been sitting there for a while when he whispered my name, “Frank.”

“Uhu.”

He pulled his face away from mine, so I turned to look at him, but was surprised by his lips being pressed against mine.


“Didn’t you guys get in a lot of trouble the next day?” Mikey had been listening to everything I had been telling him.

“Yeah, but I had him, so it didn’t really matter.” Maybe I wasn’t doing the right thing by telling him all this. I told him I like him and now I’m telling him about the time I was in love with another guy.

“Frank, do you still love him?” that was a good question. Do I still love him?

I kissed him, “I always will Mikey, but I learned that he’s not going to come back and that I need to find someone that makes me happy… and you make my happy.”

He started to blush.

I cupped his face with one hand. “Mikey, do you think that we could be more than just friends?”

He smiled, “I would love to.”

Hearing him say that gave me butterflies in my tummy.

**

It had been a week since Me and Mikey confessed our true feelings.

I was getting ready to go to his house when I noticed the same picture that I had ripped up was right in the same place.

I picked it up again, “Do you remember that day Frank?” Shit I must be dreaming again. From behind me I heard the same person I had heard in Mikey’s house.

I slowly turned to not wanting to see him, but I did. He was sitting on my bed, legs crossed.

“Frank.” He repeated my name.

“Your dead. Leave me alone. What do you want from me?!”

“I only want you to understand why I’m dead.” He was making me angry… but he’s not real so I’m making myself angry.

“You killed yourself… I thought you were happy.” He had a motionless face. He walked over to me.

I wasn’t dreaming. He placed a hand on my shoulder. He was real. I felt his flesh on mine.

“I was happy Frank and I am dead, but I didn’t kill myself.”

“Then what the fuck are you?” I jerked away from his grip.

“Oh, I might be something you guys call a ghost.” Wait did he just say he didn’t kill himself.

“Wait, you didn’t commit suicide?”

“Nope,” He had been pacing around the room, but took a seat on my bed once again.

“Then what happened? What or who killed you?” I was shaking. Was I really talking to the ghost of Dave?

“That’s something you have to find out by yourself Frank. I thought that if you loved me enough, you would find out the truth, but since you forgot about me I figured I could pay you a visit.”

His word stabbed me right in the heart. I cant love him. Even if he’s a ghost. I would be crazy and suffering of necrophilia.

“How am I supposed to find out what happened to you if you wont tell me-”

“Tomorrow.”

“What?”

“Tomorrow, will be exactly two year since I was buried… Go to my grave and you will find answers.”

“But-” I hate him. When ever I have a question he disappears.

I went downstairs and took two pain killers before kissing my mom goodbye and leaving to Mikey’s house.