Black Star Love

Chapter 6

When we go to the cemetery, Bob parked as soon as he saw a parking space. Me and Mickey were laughing at Bob, Ray and Gee. They all ran to the restroom, almost tripping over each other.

At the moment they were out of sight, Mikey pushed me against the car and locked lips with mine.

“Mikey, they can see us.” I warned him, but still kissed him back.

“Ok, ok…” He took my hand, “Come on let’s go look for Dave…”

We walked through the straight rows of graves.

Fifteen minutes went by and we still weren’t there. “Uh, Mikey, are you sure you know where the grave is at?”

He stopped and turned to look at me. A smiled appeared on his face, “Of course I don’t know where it’s at.

I looked at him dumbstruck, “Then what the hell have we been doing for the last couple of minutes?!”

He shrugged, “I just wanted to have alone time with you.” He pouted and gave me puppy eyes.

“I forgive you.” I kissed his pouting lips, “Now let’s get back with the others."

We headed back the way we had come, which lead us back at the parking lot.

This time there was a familiar car parked to Bobs, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

The guys came from the cemetery. “Where have you guys been?” Gee pushed us towards the right direction.

“We got lost.” I wasn’t lying.

“Guys guess who we found?” Ray was alone and we could see Bob heading our direction with someone.

“Who?” me and Mikey asked in unison.

“Hi Mikey…Frank.” His voice brought chills down my spine.

“Hey.” It was Lucas. Now I know why the car looked so familiar.

Once when Dave stayed over at my house, the next day someone in that car picked him up. It must have been Lucas.

I was in my room when I heard the doorbell. I figured my mom would answer it. A couple of seconds later, my room door flew open and Dave came in crying.

“I hate him Frank, I hate him.” I wrapped my arms around him and lead him to my bed.

“Who?”

“Lucas.”

“Shh, it’s going to be ok,” I kissed him on the cheek, “What happened?”

He shook his head and the sobs came louder, “Ok, shh, it’s ok if you don’t want to tell me.”

The next day, my mom knocked on my door lightly and whispered that there was a phone call for Dave.

He left to answer. When he came back he said he had to leave. He kissed me goodbye and left.

I heard the front door shut. I walked over to my window, to see that as Dave made his way down the driveway, a car drove up.

I never asked him why he had been crying that night and I knew that he wasn’t going to tell me. He always said he trusted me, but now that I think about it… he never really trusted me that much.


“Frank?” It must have been the third time they had called my name.

“Yeah.”

“I asked if I could talk to you.” Lucas spoke slowly and clearly.

“Oh yeah sure.” They guys left to where Dave’s grave was. They said they would wait for me there.

“Frank why are you here?” Wow, I didn’t expect him to ask me in a harsh tone.

“Because I wanted to come see…” Dave was standing right behind Lucas. Lucas saw me staring behind him so he turned to look, but it was like if he couldn’t see Dave.

Dave smiled at me.

“Frank,” Lucas pushed me against a tree, “Stay the fuck away from here, do you understand me.”

Dave told me to ask him a question, but I yelled “No!” to both of them.

That only brought me a slap in the face by Lucas and shouting from Dave, “Ask him Frank!… if you ever loved me ask him.”

I tasted the blood inside my mouth.

“What was that Frank? I couldn’t here you.” He was an ass whole.

“Fuck you!” he clenched his hand into a fist, which hit me in the stomach.

I fell to the ground.

Maybe Mickey was right about Lucas knowing about me and Dave. I spited out the blood, “Why… why didn’t you except Dave for who he was?”

“What?” Lucas looked down at me confused at my question.

“You heard me.” I tried to stand up but failed. He had knocked the wind out of me.

“He was screwing with one of my best friend. Why else?… didn‘t he tell you when he dumped you?”

I looked over at Dave who was leaning against a grave, “He never broke up with me.”

“In knew he couldn’t do it.” He took a grip of my shirt and pulled me up.

Tears were in my eyes. Dave was supposed to brake up with me that day but he didn’t. “You killed him?” I pushed Lucas, making him lose the grip on me.

“I didn’t kill him. He killed himself!” He shouted at me.

“Liar!” Dave shouted at his brother but he couldn’t hear him. Even as a ghost Dave also had tears in his eyes.

“Liar!” I repeated after Dave. “You killed him didn’t you!”

Lucas shook his head.

“Ask him why he did it Frank.” Dave told me to ask, but I have a feeling that he already knew.

“Why? Lucas why did you do it?”

“Shut up! Frank! Shut up!” He started to hit me again, but when I was on the floor this time he started kicking.

My eyes were closed, but I could her Dave shouting for him to stop. Before I went on conches I thought I hear Mikey also shouting for him to stop.