Black Star Love

Chapter 7

I felt a hand wrapped around my waist. Slowly I opened my eyes to see that it was Gee.

I felt as he pushed me into the car. He sat next to me and Mikey on the other end.

“Frank, what the fuck was that?!” My head was buried in my hands. Gee had his hand on my back.

“Frank.” His voice was a whispered, but it scared the living shit out of me. I thought he had left. I jumped up, causing my head to crash against Gee’s, once again.

“Fuck Frank! Forget I ever asked!” I felt him switch seats with Mikey, but when I looked up, in the window I saw something, like slide show being played on a transparent screen.

It was me and Dave in his room… I remember that day. It was our six month anniversary and he had asked me to come over… that… that was the first time I had been with him… Dave was straddling me on his bed, but from the angle I was at, I could see the door slightly open. Someone was on the other side of the door.

It was Lucas.

He knew about us.

The image want all black and then I saw Dave at the corner of his room. He… he had a razor against his skin. Lucas came in shouting, but I could hear anything. Everything was on mute. Dave’s eyes grew wide as Lucas was shouting at him. He dropped the razor on the floor… he sat there staring at his brother. Dave just watched as Lucas went over to him. He kept shouting, but I still couldn’t hear… why?

Lucas cut right on Dave’s wrists, but he just sat there, tears in his eyes… Dave turned to look at me, like if I had been there and then the image diapered.

I felt a soft hand on my cheek. I turned to see Mikey. His eyes had tears, “Frankie… what happened why was Lucas doing this to you?”

“He… Dave…died…” My words weren’t making any sense.

“What?” Bob stopped the car and everyone turned t look at me, but the only person I looked at was Mikey.

“He, Lucas got mad because I told him that… that Dave didn’t kill himself.”

“Is it true?” Ray’s word stabbed me. Was he doubting me?

“Well it doesn’t matter now he already beat the living crap out of you.” Gee commented.

I laid my head on Mikey’s lap.

“Who… what happened after I hit the floor?” I had no memory of that.

“Well,” Ray spoke, “We heard you and him shouting when we turned Mikey was running toward you guys, so we ran after him. When we got there, Mikey had tackled Lucas to the ground."