Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

010

It was finally Halloween. I was so excited. Halloween was one of those holidays that was just so fun. Something about the free candy and dressing up made me excited.

It was around one and we had finished putting the pumpkins we had carved outside. Lexis was inside the house and when we came pack in she had six pieces of chocolate shoved in her mouth.

"Lexis Harmony! No, that is not okay!" Cassadee yelled, by the time she reached Lexis the chocolates were already gone.

"Wow Cass, she's just like you," Jayden said.

She ignored the comment and took Lexis upstairs to nap so she would be ready for tonight. I was excited and apparently so were the two almost adult boys who were screaming this morning.

***
It was 6:30 and we were all putting the final touches on our costumes. Miranda was being Cinderella and I was being Belle. Jayden and Parker were hula dancers. I think they lost a bet, but then again maybe they did pick them.

Cassadee handed me Lexis since she was staying home to hand out candy. "Here is your little zombie princess." Lexis was in a black princess like dress with white make-up on her face and black eyeliner around her eyes.

"She looks just like teenage Cassadee!" Miranda yelled.

It was true Lexis looked just like her mommy, just with normal hair for now at least. We took pictures and then we headed out. We were all laughing and having fun. Lexis was holding my hand and laughing at all the girls who had pink on.

"Trick or Treat!" Lexis yelled at the third house we stopped at. The look on the guys face was classic. Imagine the face of a sixty year old man with a three year old zombie princess, 2 teenage princess, and 2 hula boys. He gave us our candy and we continued walking.

"Josy?" Lexis asked from beside me.

"Yeah baby?" I got down to her level.

"I don't wanna go in that one!" she was pointing to the big haunted house that we were approaching.

"We'll wait here," I picked her up and went to sit on the bench. The others went inside.

"That was not scary," Parker said while walking out.

"Right! Here Lexis," Jayden said and dropped the candy into her bag, that I was carrying.

"More!" She yelled

We had been walking for an hour and half and we still had a handful of house still to go. I was carrying Lexis and her candy bag, along with my stuff.

"Lexis I need to put you down for a second." She was not happy at all. She began to fuss but I need to fix the bags that were falling.

"Here," Parker said and took Lexis from my hands. Lexis didn't mind this gesture at all.

I fixed the bag and than took Lexis back. "Thanks." He nodded.

We kept on walking and within twenty minutes everything was hurting. Lexis was asleep on my shoulder. My arms hurt from carrying two full candy bags. My feet hurt from these stupid heels.

"Guys my feet are killing me," I whined and sat down on the curb. I was done. There was no way I could walk anymore.

"Jos we have four houses left and then Cassadee is going to come get us," Jayden said trying to get me to continue.

I wouldn't budge. If I walked my feet would start bleeding. "Well, go ahead I'll wait here," I pulled my hair out of the bun it was in and shook it out. My head instantly felt better.

They left me and Lexis sitting there and kept on walking. Not my brother's smartest move. I mean leaving a sixteen year old and a sleeping four year old on the side of the road at night was not safe. I jumped when I heard someone say something behind me. I turned my head to look. "Got damn it Parker!" I yelled putting my attention back on the street.

Parker and I were still awkward. We hadn't been alone since the day we almost kissed. My mind was preoccupied with things and figuring out who my secret admirer was, rather than stupid Parker.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," He sat down next to me. "I just thought you wanted company."

I looked up at him and laughed. "Well, thanks hula person." Thank god it was night because I'm pretty sure my face was blushing from the sight of his tone body. Damn football was a good sport.

"No problem," He laughed too.

When we got home I gave Cassadee her sleeping baby. Cass took her up to get the make-up off her face and then put her to bed. "Happy Halloween."

"You too," I said and walked into my room. I got all dressed and climbed into bed. I was almost asleep when the sight of a purple envelope taped to my computer caught my eye. Was that there before?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any errors. Its late but I wanted to get an update out. :)