Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

022

It was Friday night and things still weren't getting better. I was sitting on the bench at the football game watching Charlie cheer and flirt with Parker as he made plays. I must have looked miserable because Max kept glancing back at me to make sure I was okay. This game was important. It was our second play off game and if we won this game and next weeks we would be in the championships for our league. If we won that then we would go to state like we did last year.

It was now halftime and we were up by two touchdowns. Since it was a home game our half time show band and guard took the field. I had seen them practice the routine so I decided to go see how the boys were doing. I got up off the bench and walked over to where they were huddled. It was freezing tonight which was good for them but bad for me. I was wearing Jayden's jacket to keep from freezing.

As I walked over to their huddle I walked past Charlie attacking Parker's face. My heart sank for the millionth time this week. I walked over to the guys and put on a cheerful face. They all bought it except for Max. I think its sad not even my brother was aware of my pain. There was still five minutes left before the game resumed so Max pulled me aside and we walked back to the bench.

"You look miserable Jos. What is wrong?" He was scanning the stands for Ava. When he found her he waved and I could see her wave back.

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it Maxxy."

"If there is one thing I have learned from girls it’s that they never mean that sentence." I just shook my head at him and gave him a reassuring smile. He had no choice but to take that as an answer because the game was starting yet again.

Max was one of my best friends but he was also Parker's. If I told him I liked Parker I risked him accidentally spilling it. Just like if I told Miranda I would risk her trying to hook us up. Liking Parker was just too complicated. There was to many people that would be able to influence the relationship. If I ever did date him it would mess with my personal life as well. Its like when you like your best friend but don't want to ruin the friendship. I liked Parker but thinks could get awkward and dangerous fast. I was better off crushing in silence.

As the game got more intense I started getting more into it. We were down my three points in the fourth quarter and our defense was doing a horrible job at not letting the other team score.

"Jared damn it! Tackle him!" I screamed. Coach just looked over to me and smiled. I think he was happy I was back to screaming at his team. Apparently if I yelled at them they did better. I thought it was bullshit but whatever.

We finally got the fourth down and the ball was in our possession. Jayden was setting up for the starting play and everyone was screaming.

"Jayden if we don't score I will kill you in your sleep!" The boys that were on the sidelines with me started laughing. I did too for the first time since we got back from Disney World.

We ended up getting the touchdown and winning the game. Everyone rushed the field to congratulate the boys. I ran onto the field to congratulate Jayden since now I didn't have to kill him. Unfortunately, he was standing next to Parker who had Charlie in his arms.

"Good game!" I hugged him and then went to find Max. He was kissing Ava when I walked up. "Sorry to ruin the moment, but good game!" I hugged both of them. "I'm going to get going."

I began to walk away when Max caught my arm. "Josylne." He said giving me a look letting me know our conversation from earlier wasn't over yet.

Once I was inside the house I took of Jayden's jacket and walked up to my room. I groaned as I fell onto my bed. I was laying on my stomach with my head facing the head board. I got out my phone to see if there were any message. Since there wasn't I put it on the dock and started playing music. It was around ten o'clock so I had the volume turned down so I wouldn't wake Lexis if she was asleep.

"Josylne-Grace get your mopey ass out of bed!" Cassadee yelled and came running into my room. I turned over so I was on my back and she jumped on top of me, straddling me.

"Cass I'm not in the mood," I mumbled trying to get out from underneath her.

"Not in the mood to see what these babies say?" she yelled pulling out two tickets from her back pocket.

"Cassadee," I groaned, annoyed with my older sister.

"Fine. You don't want to go see one of the best bands ever with me, then I'll just take someone else," she got up from the bed and started walking to the door.

"Wait! What are those?" When she said best band there was about a million bands running through my mind.

"Fucking Blink!" She yelled jumping up and down. Sometimes it was hard to believe she had a kid, but then again she was only 21 and was always the party girl.

"Are you serious?" I yelled. I ran and grabbed the ticket out of her hand. Sure enough it read Blink 182. The concert was next week. Both of us were now jumping up.

Trevor came walking in the room. "Cassadee unless you want to wake your daughter up I suggest you shut up." I laughed.

"Sorry babe," She said. "So Jos you in?"

"Hell fucking yes! Who's watching Lex?" I asked. I figured Trevor was going with her and since I normally babysat Lex, I was curios.

"Trevor. He's letting us have a girl's night," She winked.

I laughed some more. "Are you to old to party with your Cass?" I joked.

"No, but I gotta wake up in the morning," he laughed.

After Cassadee and I screamed some more she went back to her room with Trevor and I decided to go on my laptop. I grabbed it from my desk and sat on the bed. I logged on to Facebook and updated my status. It now read: Going to see Blink with the bestest big sister ever. After about two minutes I got a message from Max. He wanted to know what was wrong with me.

I heard the door open from down stairs and figured the others were home. I decided to go grab something to eat before responding to the message. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of chips. The three of them were on the couch watching some show. I waved and then headed back upstairs. I closed my door and hit play on my phone.

I had a new notification on Facebook and I clicked it. It was a comment on my status from Jake saying how jealous he was. I wrote back with a smiley and then clicked my messages. I decided to respond to Max.

I told him nothing was wrong but he knew I was lying. After debating what to say I finally texted back that it was just boy troubles and not to worry about it.

While I waited for him to respond I opened my photo editing program and the first picture I saw was the one I took of Lex, Parker and me on the tea cups, the one where we were both kissing her. I sighed, stupid memories.

Finally Maxed responded asking if I wanted to talk about it. I told Max no and he dropped the subject. I was thankful that he was asking but I was even more grateful that he didn't push the issue more. I wasn't ready for anyone other than my sister to know my feelings.

I changed into my pajamas and got into bed. Thoughts instantly came to my mind. What was it about night that made your brain think of every possible thing? One thing was for sure, I could not wait for next weekend. I hadn't been out with Cassadee to a concert in a while. We use to go all the time when she was in high school. I often tagged along with her and Trevor. Not only was I excited to spend time with her but a Blink concert meant a lot of cute boys who could distract me. I looked at the clock and saw it read midnight. I decided it was time to call it a night. I think that was the fastest I've fallen asleep in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the update for the day. The next one should be more interesting. Parker sure is still being an ass with Charlie. I hate him. Anyways keep reading my lovelies :)