Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

024

"Parker?" I stuttered out.

There was no way in hell it could be Parker. I mean sure I wanted it to be him, more than anyone knew. It just couldn't be. Parker wasn't capable of saying all those things. I mean the meaning behind everything, the roses! Sure he kissed me but that was just spare of the moment, right? I was just hearing things. My mind was playing tricks with me.

"Are you okay?" He step forward into the shadow of the moon.

"Parker?" I said again. This time he took me by my wrists and made me look at him. My thoughts were confirmed. How could Parker be behind all these sweet notes? How could this be?

"Can you say anything other than my name?" he asked getting closer to me.

What the hell did he expect me to say? Did he honestly think this was going to go perfectly well? I mean this was Parker!

"H-how?" I asked and stepped back. "W-why?" I just kept rambling off silly one worded questions.

"Josylne breathe!" he said pushing me to the floor. I think he was afraid I was going to pass out or something.

Once I caught my breath again I spoke. "Why?" It was the first thing that came to my mind. Why? Why was he just now realizing this? Why did he chose now to tell me? Why didn't he tell me sooner, I mean we fucking live together!

"Yeah I guess that's a good question," he laughed. He took his phone and placed it on the floor to give off light so I could see him. I did the same with mine.

"Look Josylne," he stop and fidgeted around. "I've liked you for a while. I guess I never realized it growing up. You were just Jayden's younger sister and an annoying girl. I don't know what it was this year that made me realize but fuck Josylne, I like you way too much for my own good."

"How?" I asked again. I hope he wasn't expecting much cause quite frankly I was still in shock.

He laughed. "I knew after everything that's happened you wouldn't believe me if I just told you. I also knew that Jayden would have killed me and you 'hated' me so much I didn't have a chance. I figured I couldn't hold it in, so I essentially wrote the letters to get my feelings out. The first one was so nerve-racking. I had no idea if you were going to read it but then you, my sister, and Cassadee were all in your room and I figured you were talking about it.

Every time I tried to do something nice for you in person we'd end up fighting. Like the carnival. I never meant to say what I did but I was so frustrated. When that guy was talking to you at Disney World I wanted to rip his eyes out. The same thing when you hung out with Max, even though he knew every-"

"Max knew the whole time?" I questioned.

He nodded and continued, "Then at the airport I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to kiss you. I had dreamt of it for too long. When I did it I didn't know how you would react but damn Josylne that was the best thing ever.

Josylne I've known you my entire life. You're part of my family. I mean we were next door neighbors until we all moved in together when Jayden and I started high school. Looking back I was a complete ass to you and you had every right to hate me. I know I broke you when you turned eight, but I was only nine and girls were gross. I guess I never thought of you as more because I was afraid of what Jayden would say. I mean he's loved Miranda from day one but it was different for me. He wouldn't hurt my sister and he knew I would. Maybe I realized I liked you when I was little, I have no idea, or maybe I figured it out the night with the thunderstorms. Maybe I was in denial and afraid.

I don't care anymore. For the past two months you're the only one whose been on my mind. I'm with you all the time. At school, at practice, at home. Its hard to get away when you're with someone all the time, I'm sure you know that. You have driven me fucking insane Josylne and I never would have guessed it. Who would have?" He panted finally done.

I was speechless. I mean there was so much I could say. The only thing that came out were hostile questions.

"Why were you making out with Charlie last week?"

He sighed. "Fucking Charlie. Look it was her. She always been jealous of you and Mir you know that. You honestly think I have feelings for her? She's just got a list of football players to keep and I don't want to be apart of that list. She isn't anything to me, you are and so much more."

That made me feel better but I was still mad. I mean he's known I've been walking around the house like a zombie he must. He's heard my cries at night. Those awkward moments and he never said shit.

"You know I thought you were with her?" I whispered and looked down.

Parker didn't respond. Instead he cupped my face and brought our lips together. Another simple kiss that sent shivers down my spine. He pulled away but rested our foreheads together.

"I'm sorry."

"I can't believe this. Parker everything you said at the carnival was true. I never hated you. I don't think I ever did. I know I made a promise when I was eight to never like you ever again, and I kept it for a long time. You were just the asshole I lived with. Then everything happened. Those moments we locked eyes. Everything you said to me. I don't know I caught myself falling for you again and I was terrified.

Terrified because last time I liked a guy it ended badly and when I liked you it wasn't much prettier. It hurt to think that you didn't want me either. Everyone kept saying I was made for you and it hurt. I'm still scared. I'm so afraid right now that this is just a phase. You're just going to toll with my emotions and then leave. I know its wrong to say that but its my defense."

"Hey I promise I will never hurt you. I won't leave you. You are more to me than what I've made you believe."

I smiled slightly. "So where does that leave us know?"

It was a ligament question. I mean he kissed me and we just both admitted we have feelings for each other. We both knew the school would go insane knowing we were a couple. We both knew Miranda and Cassadee would throw a party. What I didn't know was how Jayden would react.

"I don't know Jos. I mean I want to be with you but-"

"But there's to many things that will interfere," I sighed.

"Hey no one can tell us what to do. So miss Josylne. What do you want to do?"

I thought for a while before answering. "Let's face it Parker, we've known each other our whole lives but we don't really know that much about each other. Can we keep it simple for now?"

"Anything you want Josylne. Do me a favor and don't tell your brother," I chuckled.

He stood up and then pulled me up. I grabbed my bag and then turned to him.

"Let's go party," he said I laughed. He slung his arm around my shoulders and we exited the school.

The parking lot was almost empty except a couple faculty cars and Max's car. He was sitting on the hood with Ava. I could see him smirking from the distance.

"I'm going to kill him!" I ran over to the car and smacked him.

"Ow what the hell," he said letting go of Ava and rubbing his head.

"You knew the entire time and you didn't tell your best friend?" I said. Parker and Ava were laughing in the background. "I hate you!" I said and got into the back seat of his car. Parker took the passenger seat so Ava sat in the back with me. "Did Mir and Jayden already go?" They nodded their heads.

"I told them Parker had to get something and I'd take you guys."

I turned to Ava. "Did you know?" I asked. She smiled softly. "Oh my god!" I yelled. Everyone just laughed. "This is humiliating."

"Oh hush up babe!" Max said and then turned to Parker.

The rest of the ride to the diner was peaceful. We all just talked and joked around. When we got there the boys open the doors for us. Max slung his arm around Ava and began walking. I followed behind them with Parker a few steps behind me. Once we were inside I went to go find Miranda. She was hanging out with Ashley.

The six of us ended up in our normal booth as everything began to die down. It was around eleven now and almost everyone had left. Jayden and Miranda were cuddled up and Parker was sitting next to them. Max and Ava were cuddled together and I was sitting next to them across from Parker.

Max kept sending the two of us these looks and I tried so hard not to blush. Parker kept kicking me under the table to get me to look at him but I knew if I did my cover would be blown.

Around eleven thirty we finally decided to head out. Parker and I rode home with Jayden and Miranda since we were going the same way. Once inside we all parted ways. I went to my room and logged on to my computer immediately. It was almost midnight here but it was only nine on the West coast were Jake was. I sent Jake a message saying that Parker was my secret admirer. Of coarse he said I told you so. I shut off my computer shortly and went into the bathroom. I still had all my face paint on so I took a towel and wiped it off. I looked back in the mirror and realized I was still wearing Parker's jersey. I smiled. I guess taking his jersey really did mean something in the end. After changing I curled into my bed. I finally had my happily ever after.

There was a knock at my door and then the person came in. It was Parker. He walked over to my bed and sat on it.

"Is it corny to say I missed kissing you already?" he asked.

"Hmm considering you went seventeen years without my lips, yes a little," I said and sat up. I pecked his lips lightly and then laid back down.

"That was unfair," He said. He then laid next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I missed this."

"Parker you can't just sleep here, they'll think something," I rolled over to face him.

"There's a thunderstorm forecasted tonight," he said. I tensed up. Sure that gave us the excuse but I hated thunder. "Hey don't worry I gotcha. You're safe in my arms remember," he pulled me in closer and began playing with my hair.

I drifted into a soundless sleep even with thunder and lightning, The first time I've ever slept through a storm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it as promised. And so the secrets out. Aww aren't they adorable! Eee I can't wait to write more cutesty scenes like this. Keep reading my lovelies and I hope this is what you've been waiting for. :)