Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

034

Things had been going good with Parker and I, after the night I told him everything. Parker had stuck to his word and hadn't told my family about Matt. The next day while everyone was out he took me down to our local police station so I could file a report. The officer was helpful, but since the crime happened so long ago it was going to be a long shot. Parker was upset over this, but I already felt a hundred times better. I could finally live life without a huge secret on my back.

We were nearing the end of January so school was just starting to get more intense. My AP classes began pushing for us to buy our tests and start studying which was insane since it was still months away. Parker and Jayden were finishing up the last of their college applications. It was weird seeing them fill out their applications. Their lives were seriously going to change in a matter of months. Both of them had been recruited to some Massachusetts schools but they weren't committed yet. Jayden was leaning towards going to upstate New York somewhere, and Parker has been keeping his decision a secret. I know he's been dreaming about going to University of Southern California forever but we'll have to see.

Besides that it's been chill. Most of my time is spent on the field though. Our championship game is this week. Coach had been pushing the boys but not too hard, they were definitely feeling the pressure though. Especially the seniors, this was going to be the last game they ever played as a grizzly. The last time to wear their jerseys until someone else got it. I was feeling it too, this was it for me. The last time I was going to wear Jayden and Parker's numbers on my face. Maybe even the last time I set foot on the turf. There was no real point of me being down there next year.

All our parents flew out for the game. Since they had been home everyone was on their best behavior. Jayden and Miranda weren't as clingy as they typically are which meant she was with me a lot more now. We were currently sitting on my bed doing homework for the night.

"So, what have you been up to?" Miranda asked as she flipped through her chemistry book.

"Just studying and spending time with the boys," I answered distantly. Miranda and I had been off our best friend game for some time.

"You sure do spend a lot of time out there."

"It's my job Mir, you know that."

With that she shut up for the time being. Suddenly my phone beeped from the across the room. I went to get it but Miranda got it before I did.

"It's from Parker," Miranda stated dumbfounded.

I walked over and grabbed the phone from her hands trying my best to keep my cool. Damn Parker.

"I didn't know he had your number."

"Max gave it to him," I lied.

I set my phone aside without reading the text and continued working on a problem with Miranda. An hour later we called it quits, mainly because Jayden came to get Miranda. When she left I grabbed my phone and opened the text from Parker. He knew better than to text me in the daylight hours. We were seriously like Romeo and Juliet minus the irresponsibility and dying.

Parker was staying at Max's house for the night so they could get to school early in the morning. The team was only going half the day tomorrow and then busing it to the championship field, I was tagging along with them.

It was still somewhat early in the afternoon so I decided to head over there for a while. Hanging out with Parker and Max was so easy, even when Ava was over. There was no tension or lies.

When I got there Max was on the phone with Ava trying to convince her to come over. I walked over and sat down next to Parker.

"How come you didn't respond earlier?" He questioned.

"Mir and I were studying and she saw you texted me," I sighed. Parker just nodded his head understanding and put his arm around my shoulder.

Max came back in the room with a cheesy grin on his face. "What's up Maxxy?"

"Nothing," he said sitting on the other side of me.

"He's such a liar, he's had that stupid grin on his face ever since he left Ava this afternoon," Parker chimed in. Max started to blush.

"Oh my gosh is Max blushing!"

"Shut up," he said burying his face in his hands.

Max was an open book, he wore his heart on his sleeve. That's one of the reasons I loved him so much, he was never fake.

"Spill it Max!"

"Ava and I said we loved each other for the first time today," he whispered. I instantly started cooing and freed myself from Parker to hug Max.

I watched a movie with the boys and then headed home to sleep, it was going to be a long day tomorrow.

***

Championship Game day had finally come. I ended up driving back to Max's house and rode with him and Parker to school. It worked out because then I didn't have to leave my car at school while we traveled to the stadium.

We had a small rally type thing in the morning to send the boys off and after second period the team and I piled on to the bus. I shared a seat with Max while Parker and Jayden were across from us. It was a fun bus ride. The boys were all hyped. Most of the juniors were ready to take on their first championship game and the seniors were a mix of emotion since this was going to be their last championship game together but also their last high school football game.

Once we got off the bus, the team headed to the locker room and I got ready on the bench. I touched up my face with my brother and Parker’s numbers and made sure I had Max's number on my hand. It felt weird wearing my own jersey to the game since the past three years I've had Jayden's on. Parker was still upset that I couldn't wear his in public, little did he know I had it on under my own jersey, he doesn't know yet. The team began practicing and I watched from my spot on the bench.

About half way through Parker snuck away from the team and grabbed me. Luckily Coach was in the bathroom. We ended up back where the buses were.

"You okay?"

"No, I'm so nervous Jos."

"Don't worry! You guys are going to win, you have the better record and more talent. Don't psych yourself out, okay."

He kissed me on the lips, smiling as he pulled away. We started heading back but Parker stopped in his tracks. "I just realized no one is wearing my jersey tonight, we're going to lose!"

I chuckled softly before pulling him towards me. I lifted up my jersey slightly to reveal his number. "I got you don't worry." He kissed me again before heading back.

***

The stands were packed, the boys were pumped, and the game had started. The first half wasn’t looking too good. We were down by a touchdown until a minute before half time. During half time Coach gave the boys an epic pep talk that had me in tears.

We ended up winning the game by two touchdowns. Our stands emptied out on to the field and everyone was screaming and yelling. Parker scored the winning touchdown and fell to his knees when he did, Jayden did too. Once they finally got up they ran to each other and hugged it was so emotional. This was most likely the last time they were going to play on the same team ever again.

After things calmed down we went back on the bus to school. We all met up at the diner. Coach was paying the bill tonight so everyone was getting what they really wanted. I was seated in our normal booth waiting for everyone to come over. Currently Max was kissing Ava, Jayden was talking to his team and Miranda was on her way. Parker walked over and sat down across from me.

"You did it," I smiled.

"We did it," he said with a smile I’d never seen before, his eyes were twinkling.

I wanted to give him his congratulatory kiss right then but I knew that wasn't going to end well. Especially since Miranda had just walked in. I was saved from an awkward conversation when Coach started talking.

"Wow. I never thought this day was going to come but wow. You guys have been a fantastic team to coach this year and in the past if you've been here for a while. We set out at the start of this seasons to get to championships and we did it. We defended our three year title and won for a fourth year in a row, something that has never happened. You guys put so much into this team it amazes me. This was our best season and I'm honored to be your coach."

The room erupted into applause and cheers. I was silently crying in the booth and Parker had taken notice, thankfully only he did.

Coach began again, "I have so much more to say but I'm going to save it for the banquet next month. Have fun tonight guys but be responsible. Cheers to four time state champions!"

Coach was met with cheers of joy again. Everyone stayed at the diner for hours. At around one in the morning it showed no sign of slowing down and I was beginning to get tired. I kicked myself for not driving. Luckily Max and Parker were ready to head out as well. I said bye to the guys and Miranda and followed them out the door, Ava followed suit seeing as she got a ride from Miranda but wanted to go home.

We all ended back at Max's house. His dad was watching a movie but he didn't mind that we were all over. We ended up downstairs in the basement, watching movies. I was so exhausted I pulled off my jersey revealing Parker's underneath.

"So that's where it is!" Ava said. I laughed. The girls at school had an ongoing contest to try to figure out who had the jersey and when it was going to show up.

Ava ended up falling asleep on Max, who was also asleep. I was slowly drifting until Parker moved slightly.

I leaned up and kissed him.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"For winning."
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! :) Comment and Subscribe please.