Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

038

It had been a week since the dance. Everyone got back to the house late Sunday night. Miranda’s parents came back to the house which surprised me. I didn’t think they had a return ticket to Massachusetts. I came down to greet them briefly but fled back to the security of my room.

Parker and I hadn’t talked privately since Friday night. I was trying my best to stay my same self as to not lead to any speculation. I still at lunch at the table with everyone and I attempted to participate in conversations. I could sense Parker watching my every move which made me irritated. Sometimes I wished he would just return to the asshole he was three months ago. I thought I was doing a good job at pretending everything was okay.

I hadn’t told anyone about what happened. I didn’t feel I needed to. Instead I just went about my daily life trying my best to ignore Parker without giving off the vibe that something at happened. The truth was I couldn’t go back to hating him entirely like I used to. When we started dating we started being nicer to each other in public, if I went back to being rude it would stir rumors.

I was currently sitting in my last class of the day. We were supposed to be working on an outline of Crime and Punishment. Key word being supposed, in actuality the class was chatting away. I on the other hand was working, only because I was avoiding the person sitting behind me.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Despite my better judgement I turned around. I had absolutely no self control. I figured my turning around signified that I was acknowledging him. When he didn’t say anything I turned back around in my seat. He didn’t tap my shoulder for the rest of the class period.

When the bell rang I collected my things and head for my car. Usually I waited a while before I tried to get out of the parking lot but sitting in traffic was better than being in a room with Parker at the moment. I was surprised when I saw him standing by my car. I walked hesitantly toward my car.

“Jos.” I ignored him, walking toward the passenger side I put my bag in before closing the door and walking to where he was standing. “Josylne you can’t ignore me forever.”

I think he forgot who he was talking to. I had ignored him once before what made him think I couldn’t do it again. “I need to get in my car,” I said through gritted teeth. He moved reluctantly. I got in and started the car but he was still standing a little to close to my door. I rolled down the window. “Unless you want me to run over your foot, I suggest you move.” He moved away slowly mumbling something to himself.

When I was finally home I was greeted by a house full of people. “Yay your home!” I heard Cassadee say from the kitchen.

“Yeah. What’s going on?”

“This weekend Trevor and I finalized the details of the wedding so now the fun stuff begins!” she practically squealed.

“Okay,” I answered still unsure of why Cass’s high school friends along with Miranda were sitting in my living room.

“So we’re going to go shop for bridesmaid dresses.”

Just what I wanted to do. Go sit in some dress boutique and try on dresses for my sister’s wedding. Why did everything good always happen when shitty things were going on in my life? I knew I couldn’t say no to my sister.

That’s how I found myself in a dress boutique at the mall when all I really wanted to be doing was to be sitting in my room watching reruns of whatever stupid sitcom was on TV.

After an hour and a half of trying on dress Cassadee had finally narrowed it down to two. We were all supposed to vote on which one we liked best. I told Cassadee that I wouldn’t be voting and that she should pick. I also told her that I was going to get food before I passed out from squeezing into dresses that were two sizes to small.

I walked out of the shop and headed toward the food court of the mall. I grabbed a slice of pizza and sat down at a table by myself. I was enjoying the quiet when I head a familiar voice.

“Hey babe,” Max said and then pulled out the chair that my feet were planted on to sit.

“Hey Maxxy.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I was trying on bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding,” I took another bite of my pizza. “Are you here with Ava?”

He shook his head. “No, she was helping her mom get ready for one of her cousin’s birthday parties they’re hosting at her house.” I nodded. “I was supposed to be meeting some of the guys here. We were going to see a movie.”

By guys Max meant the football boys and football boys meant Parker. I needed to get back to Cassadee so we could leave before then. “Cool,” I said nonchalantly. “Well, I better get back to my sister.”

“I’m sure Cass is fine. You should come see the movie with us,” Max suggested.

Dammit Max. I would rather be forced into a dress four sizes too small than have to sit through a movie with the football team.

“That’s okay Maxxy. You guys go have fun, maybe next time,” I started walking toward the trash can but stopped a little to abruptly. Parker was walking toward us, toward Max to be more specific.

After the initial shock I realized how awkward things were about to get. Parker and I always acted couple-y around Max. Max didn’t know what happened last week which meant he still thought we were a couple. I silently cursed to myself. I reached the trash can before I had even thought up a reasonable plan.

“Hey Parker,” Max said from behind me.

Parker nodded toward Max before his attention shifted to me waiting for me to acknowledge him. Parker knew exactly what he was doing, he was smarter than I gave him credit for. Max was a little to quiet behind me, Max was never quiet. Suddenly my brain began working again. If Max was meeting the boys to see a movie why was he at the food court. If Parker was included in this movie ‘date’ then why was he up in the food court. Max knew what happened. I was being played. These boys are so dumb. I had to figure out a plan and quick.

“Have fun at the movies,” I said and walked back toward the dress shop. When I was far enough away I turned back to see if they were still standing there. They weren’t.

Why on earth would Parker tell Max. Now Max was in the middle of a fight that wasn’t going to end with a happy ending. When I got back to the shop Cass had picked a dress and the girls were paying for them. They all wanted to go out to eat after. I asked Cass if she could drop me off since I already ate, she did.

I was back in my room now replaying the scene at the mall. Parker and Max were up to something. I could handle Parker on my own but now he got Max involved. Which meant that I was only moments away from having a “heart to heart” with Max. My phone began ringing beside me. Speak of the devil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Back to Josylne's point of view. I don't know how I feel about this chapter I think its mainly a filler. I will apologize for that.
Comment, Recommend and Subscribe. Thanks for reading lovelies!

-Dani :)