Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

056

Nothing screamed prom more than eleven people shoved into one house. It had been decided earlier in the week that everyone was going to meet at our house to get ready so the bus we had rented didn’t have to drive to each person’s home. The boys were all currently in Parker’s room playing whatever video game they were obsessed with this week. The girls were split between Miranda and I’s bathrooms. I lucked out having just Ava to share space with while Mir took Ashley and Sam.

Ava and I had the contents of my makeup collection dumbed out on the bathroom counter. We decided to do each others make up instead of paying more money at the beauty shop we had been at earlier. So far things were going well.

Once everyone was dressed, we headed into the backyard to take some pictures. The others had let their parents know earlier when to stop by. After about an hour of vicious camera flashes the party bus showed up. After saying goodbye we piled into the bus and headed out to dinner.

The bus was basically our pre-prom. With eleven people chipping together we were able to afford one of the nicer buses. Jason currently had his ipod synced with the speakers and was dancing around the bus.

“And this is why we didn’t allow you to bring alcohol,” Jared muttered.

Soon everyone was dancing around in the bus. Laughter filling the air as the boys decided to attempt dancing on the pole that was centered in the bus. Just as Jason had wrapped his leg around the pole we braked hard causing him to fall on the floor. Jason muttered profanities as the rest of us laughed at his misfortune.

Dinner followed the same attitude as the bus ride to the restaurant. Somehow the girls had convinced the boys to make reservations at one of the fancier restaurant around town. Luckily the restaurant had set up a table for the eleven of us in a side room, leaving the other customers to their peaceful dinners.

“Here’s to prom 2014!” Aaron toasted. The rest of us following suit hitting our cups together.

After dinner had commenced. We piled back into the bus and headed toward the hotel where prom was being held at. Parker held me back for a moment not allowing me to ascend the stairs into the bus.

“What?” I asked, confusion filling my voice.

“I forgot to tell you how damn beautiful you look in you dress,” he said.

I felt your face heat up a clear sign that you were blushing. I tried to hide it from him but he quickly pulled my hands away from my face to kiss me ever so lightly.

“Can you two love bird hurry up please?” I heard Miranda shout from inside the bus.

This only made my face more red. I quickly buried my face into Parker’s chest hoping the warmth of his body would ease my embarrassment.

“Come on,” he said, helping you up the stairs and into the bus.

We arrived half an hour after prom was set to start so we didn’t have to wait in a line to get in. Before hitting the dance floor we headed to the designated picture taking area. It had been decided at dinner that we needed a group picture to commemorate the memory. It was quite a challenge getting everyone in frame in front of the tiny backdrop but we managed. Everyone then got back in line to take individual pictures.

This was going to be Parker and I’s first official high school dance picture and probably our last. I kept running my hands through my hair to make sure no strand was out of place. When we reached the front of the line again, I checked my make up in a mirror that was placed on the table. Parker pulled me along, tearing my arm away from the mirror and lead me to the backdrop.

“I was checking my make up,” I whined as the photographer got the camera repositioned.

“It looks perfect Jos,” Parker assured me. “Now shut up and smile.”

In traditional prom pose fashion, I was standing in front of Parker, his arms wrapped around my waist holding me close. I didn’t need to see the picture to know it had come out perfect, I just knew. Once that was finished we left the area and headed to the dance floor where our friends were.

The DJ of the night kept the dance floor moving alternating between upbeat dance anthems and slow tempo songs. I don’t think I ever left the dance floor leaving me quite damp from sweat as the night continued on. I began to wonder why it is you get all dressed up to go to dances where you know you are going to sweat. I didn’t want to go sit but my feet needed a break, screaming in pain from the heels I had forced them into. Just as I was about to sit down, another slow song started and Parker quickly pulled me toward the edge of the dance floor.

“Can we sit this one out? My feet hurt,” I whined.

“I only have one senior prom to dance with my beautiful girlfriend I am not missing an opportunity,” he said. Taking my hands in his to place them around his neck, I locked them together. He then wrapped his tentatively around my waist, swaying the two of us back and forth to the beat of the music.

“Are you having fun?” I asked.

“Of course. Are you?”

I nodded enthusiastically before placing my head on his shoulder. As if it even possible, I felt him push the two of us closer together, his head now resting on top of mine. The two of us fit like perfect puzzle pieces. I couldn’t help but smile at the stupid cliche that ran through my hand. I had almost forgotten where we were, getting lost by the presence of Parker being so close to me.

Parker put some distance between the two of us so that I was staring up at his face. The look on his face was pure bliss. How did we end up so lucky?

“Promise me something?” He whispered, loud enough to be heard over the music but quite enough that no one around us could hear.

“Anything,” you murmured back.

“Promise me that next year you’ll let me take you to your senior prom.”

My swaying stopped for a moment at the words he was speaking. I regained my composure letting the rhythm of the song match my movements. I stayed quite for a moment before responding, causing his face to tense up.

“I’m not going to let you miss school just to come take me to a stupid dance. This is the only prom I need.”

“You are so selfless Josylne. I’m not going to be able to live with myself knowing I deprived you of going to your senior prom.”

“You’re not depriving me Parker. I don’t want you to feel like you have to waste money on a flight to take me to a stupid dance.”

“Jos it’s not wasting money.”

“All right Parker here’s the deal, if you are home in May for prom I will go with you no questions asked but if you aren’t I will not go to prom and you can’t feel guilty about it.”

“Deal,” he said kissing me to make it official. Another slower song filled the dance floor leaving Parker and I on the dance floor swaying stupidly to the music. “For the record, flying to see you will never be a waste of money. I’ve already warned my parents about it too.”

“You are so corny sometimes.”

“Its why you love me.”

“Sure is,” I said kissing him.

***


All I really wanted to do after arriving home from prom was jump in the shower and crawl into bed. Parker and Max had other plans dragging Ava and me, who was supposed to be staying the night at my house, into Max’s car and driving the five minutes to his house. That’s how I wound up in Max’s basement sprawled across his floor still in my dress.

“You could have at least mentioned you planned on crashing at Max’s house after prom,” I grumbled. Since I had no warning I had not brought anything to change into. I began to grow more irritated as the dress I was wearing began to constrict my torso as I tried to get comfortable on the floor.

I was the only one who was still in her prom attire. Ava, being the smart one, had left her over night bag in Max’s car allowing her to change. Parker had also managed to sneak clothes into Max’s car without me noticing, forgetting to throw something of my own in there.

“You really think I would forget to bring you something?” Parker chuckled. He threw a pair of my pajamas pants toward me along with one of his shirts I had stole a while ago.

I quickly ran into the bathroom to change out of my dress. I returned to the basement draping my dress over a chair in the corner of the room, leaving my heels close by. I resumed my position stretched out on the floor.

“Better?” Parker smirked. He was lying on the couch smirking down at you.

“Your an ass Daniels, but yes. Thank you for remembering that you did bring me clothes after allowing me to complain for an hour.”

I got up from my uncomfortable position on the floor and joined him on the couch. Curling into a ball next to him. Ava was sprawled out on the couch opposite us, leaving Max the recliner which he had made himself comfortable in.

“I don’t know how were going to top tonight,” Max said from across the room.

“You won’t. Prom 2014 will always be better than prom 2015,” Parker joked.

“We’ll just have to see about that now won’t we.”

I couldn’t see Parker’s face but I knew he had a smirk plastered on his perfect lips. How did I end up so lucky? A few months ago I was in my room crying about how nothing was going right for me and now I was curled up on a couch with my dream boyfriend surrounded by the best friends I could ever ask for. Parker may have been right, I didn’t know anything was going to top this moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
The long awaited prom chapter! I wish this chapter was a little longer but after writing a couple dance chapters already I didn't want it to be redundant. I hope you all love it and it matches your expectations. Please keep reading, commenting, and subscribing. Thanks lovelies! :)