Status: Active

Suddenly There Is Love

The Weird... Dot?

The fact that David Parker was in the bank had come as a shock to me, but the feeling of knowing that I hadn't noticed him while I was on the care was stinging a little more. I had been in that bank, but I had not even noticed the face of the man behind the counter. What was the matter with me? I arrived at work, and walked briskly to my office, getting ready to real the new infomation that had come in. I was also planning on finding out who the hell was bothering my girl! Alright, Zooey is not really my girl, not yet anyways, but I had hopes that she would be my girl soon enough.
"Booth," I jumped at the sound of my name, and saw Henderson at my officedoor. I widened my eyes at him with annoyance - a look he clearly did not take as a hint.
"Where were you yesterday, dude?" he asked with his silly wannabe-gangster accent.
"I was at home," I replied shortly, but I knew he would not let it go.
"Home? Were ya sick, Boothey?" He grinned, and took a bite of his pretzel.
"No, I was not sick. I had business to attend to." I did not feel in the mood to share my personal life with Henderson, but then again, I was never in the mood for much sharing with that man.
"Ya got laid, yeah?" he protruded and laughed, holding up his hand for me to high five - which I didn't.
"No, I had to help a friend," I said simply, and felt extremely annoyed. I felt Henderson coming with another comment, and I flew past him, and headed to the evidence room.
"Can't talk, Henderson. I have work to do!"

I sat reading through the paperwork in the evidence room, all to get away from Henderson. David Parker turned 53 years old a week before he was found murdered, and left a wife, two kids and 6 grandchildren. I shook my head an disgust, and felt my insides turn at the thought of this large family lose someone they loved and cared for. I sighed aloud, and kept searching for clues I could have missed earlier, but I could not find anything. Mr. Parker had been found approximately 24 hours after his death, but his body had been moved to the park. We still hadn't found the original crime scene, which ruined the outlooks of solving the case. His wallet and belongings had all been accounted for, meaning that the murder had not been a robbery, but he had been found with a shaved form on the little remaining hair - it simply looked like a small dot, but I was certain that the little dot had meaning - a meaning I could not make sense of. Not just yet, at least. I suddenly felt sick to my stomack, and a single tear made its way through my eyelashes. I quickly brushed it away, pretending it was never actually there.

Four hours had passed, and I was still staring my eyes out at the shaved mark in the victims head. What could this mean? It had to be some sort of sign, and I was supposed to interpret it. A star, a heart, a leaf, a giraffe, a lion, a simple god damn dot! I threw the photo away in anger, and smashed my hand onto the table. I decided to simply go home, get some rest, and keep thinking about it the following morning. In case I suddenly had a thought, I brought a copy of the photo with me. I got into the car, stopped by The Royal Diner and bought dinner. While on my way home, I realised I was not where I really wanted to be. I quickly turned the car around, realising I did not at all want to be alone. And why had I bought double the food? I found myself in front of Zooeys door, and I knocked.

"Hey," she said with a gentle smile around her mouth, and she reached out, tokk hold of my hand and dragged me into her apartment.
"I brought food," I said simply, and I took off my coat.
"Great, because I am really hungry," she said and grinned her silly grin, and I felt my insides grow warm. We sat down in the couch and started eating in a weird silence that had never been present before. After a while, Zooey talked.
"What is going on? Why is this so weird?" I shrugged, not knowing the answer.
"Well, it should not be weird, because we are still here, right? No worries!" Zooey grinned at me, her nose wrinkled. I took out my wallet, and showed her the photo.
"Have you got any idea what this might be?" I asked simply, sighing. She stared at the photo intently, before shaking her head.
"No, I have no idea what it might be. A dot, perhaps?" I laughed, seing as this had been my thoughts all day long.
"But what do I know, I am the one with too little capacity to fit all memories," she added, and we both went into a fit of laughter, completely dissolving the weirdness that was present earlier. I placed my arm around her shoulders, dragging her closer to me, and she placed her hand discretly on my knee. I shuddered a little at her touch, but shook it off.
"I was hoping you would be spending the night tonight as well?" Zooey said, and traced circles on my thigh. "I do not think I will be able to sleep alone." I turned to look at her, and some of the fear that had been present during the other night was again present in her eyes.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, holding her a little tighter.
"No..." she shrugged, but it looked like she wanted to talk about it.
"Did you get a look at the person who followed you?" I asked bluntly. Better being too front, than ignoring the incident.
"No, I only saw shadow." she said, and I knew I had helped her start talking, which was something she needed. "And the light, the flashlight." I nodded, and gave a signal for her to keep going.
"It was obviously a man, but he must have been quite short. I kept seing my own shadow from the light of the flashlight, and I looked huge - which must mean he was shorter than I am." I had not thought of this, but she had a point.
"And if he had really wanted to catch me, to do.. well, whatever, he could have ran a little faster. I was in heels, and I am definately not a good runner."
"What do you think he wanted?" I asked, but she shook her head.
"I have no idea. I do not exactly carry around objects of great value in my purse," she said, and she leaned her head on my shoulder. I grabbed hold of her legs, and dragged her onto my lap.

We sat like this for quite some time, just cuddling, being close, before I decided to change the subject.
"So, about the company party thing," I started, and Zooey face started glowing with pleasure and happiness.
"I am so looking forward to it," she exclaimed, and I hugged her with a smile spread across my face.
"I'm glad. And I am looking forward to showing you off," I said, and she kissed me squarely on the mouth, and I jumped in surprise.
"What, are you scared of me?" she asked. I shook my head, smiled and touched the bandage on her forehead carefully.
"How does it feel?" She shrugged, and turned her head around to glance out into the room.
"I does not hurt, really. I just hope it is gone in time for the party." I turned her head carefully back to mine, and kept my fingers at her jaw, making our eyes lock, and I felt myself melt at the sight of the intensity of her stare.
"I'm sure it will be," I answered shortly, dragged her face close to mine, and our lips embraced in another one of our intense and electrifying kisses. She moved on my lap to face me better, and placed her hands on each side of my face, framing my features. How on earth was I supposed to manage to keep away from her much longer, I couldn't understand, but she had told me to wait, so I waited, not patiently, but I did wait. It was with great joy we left for the bedroom together, to sleep - nothing more, and we fell asleep in a tender embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one for you! Sorry I haven't been able to post one chapter each day, but I am simply exhausted after work ;) I will be better next week, promise ;)
xx