Status: Active

Suddenly There Is Love

Remember Me?

I did not think it was ever possible to be this happy, to smile this much, to be so much in love - but apparently it is very possible: I was in love with a beautiful man who cared for me, and wanted to me with me: Seeley Joseph Booth. I sat smiling stupidly for myself at the desk at work, when Matt came rushing to me.
"Hi stranger," he said, and raised an eyebrow at me.
"Hi, Matt." I gave him a big smile.
"I have not seen you in a while. You ok?" he asked, and leaned against my desk.
"I am very ok," I replied. "Booth and I are now officially an item."I grinned like crazy at the look of Matts face. It was filled with shock, wonder and.. happiness?
"Wow, and I haven't even validated him yet. How could you do that to me?" he said mockingly, and we both laughed.
"But seriously, I am going to have to approve of this dude, very soon." I nodded in agreement, and Matt walked over to stand right next to me. He placed one hand on my shoulder and looked at me intently.
"So, have you done it yet?" His grin was looking absolutely foolish, and his raised eyebrow gave him the look of a person inspecting me.
"What is it to you?" I asked simply, and Matts mouth gaped.
"Oh, you kids totally did it!" His voice was way too light for him, and I knew he was making fun of me. Very often when we talked relationships, I used to make my voice dark, and I would always throw out comments I would imagine coming from a guy. He did the opposite, pretending to be an overexcited, very annoying chick.
"Gosh, Matt. Who knew you could be such a girl?" I smirked at my great comeback.
"But seriously, is he any good?" He still sounded like a London diva, which made me giggle.
"For your information, yes he was." He wrinkled his nose in disgust.
"Seriously, you need to stop sharing that kind of information, darling," he grinned and walked over to his desk, smiling at me as he went. You simply had to love Matt. There is a reason why we have been friends since we were toddlers.

"Zooey, Mr. Gordon wants to see you in his office." I looked up from my desk to see one of my co-workers, Emma, smiling at me.
"Oh, ok," I replied shortly and left for my boss' office. I knocked three times, and heard a grunt as a welcome. I peeked my head through the dooropening.
"Mr. Gordon, you wished to see me?" He waved for me to enter.
"Miss. Davis, we need to talk about your work perfomance lately." He stared at me intently, and I felt my heart stop for a second. I did not say anything, I just kept looking at him.
"You have been... How can I say this? You have done such a good job. I am giving you a raise, and if you keep this up, I am going to have to promote you." He smiled proudly at me, and my entire soul exploded in a laugh.
"For real?" I asked, and started jumping up and down in joy. How could this day, this life get any better? I thanked Mr. Gordon, and skipped down the hall, smiling like an idiot at everyone who passed - until I heard a terrible scream coming from one of the offices a little further down the hall. I stopped instantly, but my instinct told me to see what was going on. I came to the office, and saw Emma yelping and pointing to a spot on the floor. I turned my gace slowly, and my heart stopped beating and I yelped out in a mix of fright, disgust and absolute terror.
"Oh my god," I started panting, and a single tear forced it's way through my lashes. "Emma, come here," I grabbed hold of her arm, and dragged her out of the office. She was shaking uncontrollably, and I handed her over to one of my male co-workers who had come to the dooropening of the office. I fumbled to find my phone, and hit the buttons: 911.
"911, what's the emergancy?"
"There is a dead woman at Market4U. Third floor, come quick." I hung up, and I could absolutely not keep my eyes away from the womans face. Something was too familiar about it.

The police arrived a few minutes later, and I was sitting as still as possible, leaning my head against the wall. My eyes were wide open with fright, and I stared straight ahead.
"Let me past!" I heard a familiar voice say, and seconds later Matt was standing in front of me, worry pierced to his eyes.
"How are you?" I simply stared at him, not being able to muster a single word. He shook my shoulders, making me look at him.
"Zooey!"
"Hmm," was all I could manage to say.
"How are you?" he repeated.
"How is Emma?" I asked suddenly, not really remembering what Matt had said at all.
"She's in there, talking to the police. They want to talk to you next." He pointed towards an office that was three doors from where the woman had been found. I nodded slightly, and jumped when I felt my phone vibrate. I picked it up, and saw Booths name on the screen. Slowly, I put the phone to my ear.
"Booth."
"Are you at work?" he asked quickly. I nodded, but then realised he could not see me, and I answered a short yes.
"Did you hear?"
"Yes."
"Were you there?"
"Yes."
"I'll be right there." He hung up, and I let my phone slip back into my purse. My head felt completely empty, all except for one single thought: the woman. I heard sobbing coming from the office that had been taken as a temporary interrogation room. Poor Emma, for finding the woman in there.
"Zooey, I think that would be your boy." Matt pointed in the direction of the elevator, and he was right. Booth was standing there, searching for me. I was to weak to manage to make any sign of my whereabouts, but it did not take long before he saw me. He showed his badge to the policeofficers standing in the hallway, and he was let past them. He walked briskly over to where Matt and I was standing. He looked flustered, stressed. He nodded shortly to Matt, and he nodded back.

Matt let Booth and I stand alone. Booth wrapped me in a warm comforting hug, a hug I really wanted to answer to, but my body would not let me move. I closed my eyes as I rested my head on his shoulder, and a tear streaked down my cheek.
"Tell me everything!" Booth demanded as he released me from his hug, and he was only inches away from my face. I let out a small breath, and opened up my eyes. They were filled with tears and shock.
"God, Zooey." Booth said shortly at the look in my eyes.
"You saw the body?" It was more of a statement than a question, and I nodded.
"I recognise that look anywhere. You were the one to find the victim?" I shook my head as a response.
"Then who found her?"
"Emma," I whispered, and pointed at the office she was sitting in. He nodded in understanding.
"This is an FBI matter now, and I need you to tell me everything you saw, everything you heard, do you understand?" I heard the FBI agent in Booth protrude, and I understood the seriousness of the matter, and I finally got a grip and shook off some of the shock.
"I heard a scream - Emma," I started, and glanced quickly over to see her exit the office, her face filled with fear and tears. "I walked in, and saw her crying nd pointing at something on the floor." I returned my gace to look at Booth. "And there she was. Dead." I shuddered at the thought and closed my eyes again. Booth was stroking my arm, trying his best to comfort me. "There was so much blood." I whispered, and let my face fall into my hands. I started crying, my whole body shaking. He tried his best to comfort me, while being professional, something I knew was hard for him. I knew all he wanted was to embrace me and tell me everything would be alright. I looked up at him, and decided to tell him my thought, the thought that was haunting me.
"The woman, the victim. I know her face." He looked at me with shock.
"What, does she work here?"
"No." I bit my lower lip, and took a deep breath.
"I remember her... I remember her scared face. I can not believe I ever forgot her face. She was working as a cashier, in a bank." Booths eyes widened.
"I think she was in the bank during the bankrobbery, I think she worked at the bank."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, something fishy going on, huh? Please comment.. Tell me the things you like and the things you wish I would change.. :) And thank you loads to my two biggest fans, who comment after I post every single chapter ;) Love you!
xx