Status: Active

Suddenly There Is Love

Christmas Morning Madness

I woke feeling extremely happy. It was Christmas morning; the day of the year I love the most. I love everything about Christmas. I love the decorations, the lights, and the smiling faces of children. The only bad thing about Christmas in DC is the fact that there is rarely snow. I love snow, and we had loads of it in England. I was lying still in bed, having just woken up, and Booth lazily wrapped his arms around me, still sleeping. He mumbled something that sounded like “hold you forever”, but I could not be sure. He put his head closer, and I felt his breath on my neck. It didn’t take long before he started kissing me on my neck, and I realised he had woken up. The kisses moved from my neck, to my shoulder, and I turned around, lying on my back. His kisses moved to my collarbone, his hand moving to my stomach. He was tracing circles around my navel, which made me shiver.
“Hold me forever, huh?” I said breathlessly. He stopped his kisses, only to give me a sleepy smile, before our lips locked in a passionate kiss. He rolled on top of me, deepening the kiss, before going back to my collarbone. There was no need to say anything, because we both knew what we had on each other’s minds – each other.

The decorations Booth and I had put up (and had taken hours) made me giggle as we left the bedroom. Our living room looked unbelievable. I was, as usual, wearing Booths shirt, and he had put on a pair of jeans. He ran over to our tree, and picked up the first gift. It was from Matt to me. I opened it eagerly, and was extremely happy to see three books in a box.
“Yes! The Hunger Games! I have wanted to read that series for ages!” Booth smiled, before opening a package from his grandfather.
“A tie pin!” he exclaimed. “At least it wasn’t a tie or socks.”
“Why? He usually buys you ties and socks?” He nodded, and smiled, before giving me a present wrapped in silver paper.
“Who from?” I asked.
“Me.” He had a sly smile, and I was wondering what this could be. I opened it quickly, eager to find out what it is. Red laces were the first thing I saw, and as I pulled it out of the wrapper I saw very sexy lingerie.
“What, you are not happy with the lingerie I have?”
“No, no, it’s not that. I just thought.. You know. That it is cool when boyfriends.” He sounded extremely uncomfortable, and I decided to end his misery.
“I love it! Hopefully it will fit me as well. You should have given it to me earlier, it could have been a part of our morning ritual.” Booth kissed me sweetly on my cheek. I watched him with excitement as he opened the gift I had bought him. I was nervous about what he would think about it, even though I was sure he was going to like it. It was a big box, and I had bought many little things. Booth giggled when he pulled out white boxer shorts that read “I Love Zooey”.
“Nice one,” He said, before digging further into the box. There was a blue and white striped shirt, a pair of converse in black and a wristwatch in silver.
“Wow, this is incredible. Nice watch!” He smiled while holding it in front of a light to take a closer look.
“Look at the back,” I said, and he turned it around. His face grew blank, as his eyes suddenly seemed to shimmer a little more than usual. He whispered my carefully chosen words carefully.
“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”

I had rarely seen Booth cry, at least in a situation where I had not been lying in a hospital bed. Tears where running down his face, forming wet lines down his slightly blushed cheeks.
“Hey, hey, honey. I never meant to. I… Was this too soon? I am sorry, I just thought.” I had no idea what to say, and I certainly never meant to act pushy, and I was now terrified that I had now pushed my limit.
“No, Zo, it’s amazing! Really… You just really hit the nail on the head, y’know?” he sniffled, and I place a careful hand on his cheek, brushing away a tear that was tracing his face.
“I always say the same thing. I mean, I’ve always meant it. That when you find that one person, you feel as though you’ve been completed, that you are whole again. And I feel that with you. You complete me!” I was the one to cry this time, and I fell into his arms, and kissed him square on the mouth.
“I love you!” I exclaimed, and kissed him once more.

“I have something else for you too,” Booth said. I could not quite understand how there could be anything more. There was only one present left under the tree, but Booth insisted we leave for the rooftop of the building. It was cold outside, so we had put on clothes and our jackets. We took the elevator all the way to the roof, and Booth took my hand and led me to the centre of the roof.
“So, what are we doing here?” I asked, but he made a shushing sound. I kept quiet, and stood there next to him, not know what was about to happen. After a few seconds I felt something fall on my nose. I reached for it with my finger and saw a white fleck that melted at my touch. I turned my gaze to the sky and it was filled with snow. My mouth fell open and stretched out my arms.
“Snow!” I twirled around in the snow, as a thin layer had spread across the rooftop. I turned to Booth, who was smiling widely at my reaction.
“How on earth did you do this?” I asked him. He took a few strides towards me.
“Nothing glamorous, just a snow-machine. But I know how much you love snow, and there really isn’t much in DC. I thought this would be a nice thing to do.”
“It’s perfect!” I squealed, and threw myself in his arms and kissed him. He lifted me up from my feet and twirled around in the snow. As he put me back onto the ground he started fumbling in his pockets.
“I know this is sudden, and I know we haven’t been together for very long, but I just know that this is the right thing to do, even though it is premature.” He took out a small box from his pocket, and to my amazement he got down on one knee. My hands flew to my face, covering my mouth, and I could have sworn that my heart stopped beating, and I could not breathe.
“I love you, Zooey Davis, with all of my heart. And I know for a fact that I can’t live without you by my side. Will you do me the extreme honour, and marry me?” Booth looked at me with the face of hope and love, and I would have never thought that someone could ever look at me like that. I could tell from every inch of his face that he loved me with every fibre of his being. I squealed again.
“Yes!” I said, and Booth took my hand, and put a beautiful silver ring with a big diamond on my finger. It was a perfect fit.

I had never cried so much in my life as I was right now. I was laughing at the same time. The snow kept falling around us, and you could not tell our bodies apart from the way we were clutching onto each other.
“When did you even decide to do this?” I asked in a whisper while resting my head on her chest.
“Just a few days ago, really. But I instantly knew it was the right thing to do.” I kissed him again, before turning in his arms, standing with my back close to his front. He wrapped his arms tighter around me, before kissing me on my neck.
“This was perfect. The snow, everything!” He laughed a silent laugh. We slowly moved back inside, hands clasped tightly together. We were both giggling as we entered. I looked at my hand, and my heart skipped a beat as I looked at the ring. It was oval-shaped, and gorgeous. That was when I noticed the last gift under the tree. It was a small box wrapped in red paper.
“Oh look, there is another gift.” I ran over to the tree and picked it up.
“It says it is to the both of us.” I sat down on the couch, and Booth joined me.
“Well, open it then.”
“It does not say who it is from,” I said.
“Open it.” I did, and the box was empty, except a piece of paper, which read:

THIS ISN’T OVER!
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you all :) Intense, right? How did you like it? Please comment, it keeps me motivated :)

Jo xx