Status: Active

Suddenly There Is Love

Where Did The Last Two Months Go?

I was staring at the ceiling when Dr. Roberts walked in, and smiled at him
"So, am I ready to go yet?" I asked playfully, wanting to be outside in the beautiful weather. I had not at all gotten much sleep. I was a light-sleeper and all the beeping, people walking and the snoring from the people in my room had made it impossible to sleep. My eyes were heavy, and I was sure I did not look the least bit attractive in my hospital gown.
"I believe you are, Miss Davis, " Dr. Roberts said. "There are only a few last tests I want to run, and then you'll be out of here." Zooey smiled to herself: the Doctor had a very sharp American accent, and she cught herself wondering where he was from.
"What kind of tests?" she asked, looking puzzled. "I thought I only got a light concussion." The Doctor smiled, and took out my chart.
"Yes, you only had a mild concussion, and I am sure that is over my now. Nothing else appeared on your x-rays. Just a few more bloodsamples, and you'll be on your way!" I smiled again, and gave the doctor my hand.
"Go ahead, stick me with a needle if you must," she giggled slightly, feeling silly. I found myself thinking of the man who had wanted to talk to me the day before. Why had I not asked for his name? If you looked past the fact that he looked battered and bruised, he was in fact quite hansome. His dark short hair looked well cared for, the features in his face was sharp, yet very beautiful. She could not say much for his body, as he was lying in bed when we had met, but he looked athletic.
"And..." the Doctor dragged her out of her rambling. "You're done!" I let a short laugh escape my lips. I really did distaste hospitals, although the staff her been very kind, but it was the whole sterilised invironment that had given me the intense distaste for hospitals.

The feeling of freedom! Did it feel good? Yes, it did! I was guessing I did not have to go back to work this day, so I decided to go to the park. I stopped by a grocery store on my way, and bought myself a can of soda and sandwich. I was walking slowly, admiring everything that surrounded me: the buildings, the small, yet pretty gardens that surrounded them. I reached the park, and sat down on a sunlit spot my a tree. I slipped off my converse shoes, and wiggled my toes. I smiled, and reached for my purse. "Where did I put my sunglasses," I thought while rummaging through the purse. I found them, and put them on, feeling my eyes relax, and I closed them and lay down in the sun. My few moments of silence did not last long, as my phone started ringing. It had been turned off during my stay at the hospital, but I had turned it on while at the grocerystore. I reached for the phone, and noticed a long scrape on it. "How did that happen?" I asked myself, and clicked the 'Accept call' button.
"Hello, Matt," I said casually and smiled.
"Where are you? I haven't been able to reach you in TWO DAYS!" He was practically screaming into the phone. I was set back my this response, and said nothing.
"Where are you, Zooey?" he asked again with a slight more relaxed tone, probably knowing I did not wish to converse with him while he was this shaken up.
"I'm in the park, Matt. Why are you screaming? Do you want to join me after work?" I smiled, although I knew he would not be able to see it.
"Work? I haven't been to work since our last conversation. I've been looking all over for you!" Matt sounded upset, and I really had no idea why.
"Looking for me? But Matt, I have been in the hospital. I fell down the stairs, remember?" My voice was completely calm and assertive.
"HOSPITAL?" Matt screamed, and if I thought he sounded upset now, it was nothing compared to now.
"Yes, the hospital. Would you please stop screaming, you are hurting my ears." There was silence for a while, and all I could hear was the uneven breathing of my bestfriend.
"Sorry. You didn't fall down any stairs." It was not a question, it was a statement. A statement I could not make any sense of.
"Sure I did," My comment was also a statement, as I could distinctly remember I had fallen down the stairs, and hit my head.
"Wait there, I'm right around the corner." Matt said, and hung up.

I could not comprehend why Matt was so upset. I was fine! Everyone had their dizzy moments, and I had had a big one when I fell down the stairs. I heard the rustling of feet behind me, and turned to see a relieved Matt walk towards me. He sat down beside me, and sighed.
"How are you feeling? Is your head hurting?" I laughed, but come to think of it, I did have a slight headache.
"Nothing bad," I said, and placed my arm around his shoulders. Matt had always been my bestfriend, and would forever be exactly that. "I was release, so I am guessing I am fine."
"Where were you two days ago?" Matt asked, and turned his head and faced me.
"I was at work - like I have told you a couple of times now, and I took a wrong step, and fell down the stairs. I hurt my head, and was sent to the hospital to check if I had lost all sense!" I grinned, and felt incredibly funny, but Matt did not smile. His glare face sinsere and serious.
"You weren't at work on Wednesday, Zooey. You took the day off, remember?" I was stunned. My mouth felt dry, and I quickly closed my mouth when I realised I had left it open.
"No, I was at work, and I fell down the stairs."
Silence.
"Zooey, that was two months ago! And you never went to the hospital, because I managed to catch you before you fell real hard."
Silence. Confusion.
"Zooey...? Matt asked silently, and put his hand around my waist. "You OK? You can't remember Wednesday, that's ok. How about the party at Wendy's?" I looked quickly up at Matt, with utter confusion, and anger.
"Wendy? Who is Wendy, what are you talking about?" I was angry. Very angry, and I quickly got to my feet, and glared at Matt.
"Wendy, the girl I have been seing for the last month and a half." Matt looked upset. I could tell from the furrowing of his brows. "We have been hanging out loads lately, the three of us, and we always told you that you really need to get hold of a man, and we can go on double dates."
"I don't need to hear this," I screamed, picked up my purse and walked quickly away from a confused Matt.

When I finally got the door locked up to my apartment, I slid down to the floor by the door and stared into my neatly organised home. That was the moment I realised something was wrong: Had I not just moved in here? Was my belongings not supposed to still be in boxes all over the place? Tears pushed their way through my lashes, and I let my body slide onto the floor in confusion and grief.
♠ ♠ ♠
A new chapter for you all :) It is a bit of a filler, but hopefully you will enjoy it either way :)

Comment, comment! =)