Status: Active

Suddenly There Is Love

Tea And Sandwiches

"Zooey, hold up!" Special Agent Seeley Booth jogged to the place where I stopped, and I smiled sweetly at him. "Do you think, maybe we could get lunch together?" I was taken aback by the question, but I kept my sweet smile on my face.
"Isn't it a little late for lunch? It is already five o'clock," I giggled, and felt my purse slide off my shoulder. I batted my eyelashes at him, feeling a little flushed from the question.
"Well, yeah, I was thinking, maybe tomorrow?" His face looked hopeful, and hansome. I could see his featured a lot more clearly today than the day I met him at the hospital. I could not help but notice that he looked incredibly good in his suit.
"When do you have your lunchbreak?" he asked, still with a hopeful smile on his face.
"I have lunch from 12 to 1," I replied shortly. "We could have lunch." I had completely forgot about my purse, before Booth reached his hand over, and placed it back on my shoulder. He kept his hand on my shoulder a little longer than necessary, but I did not mind.
"Meet me at the Royal Diner at 12, then? he asked, and removed his hand. I nodded and smiled at him, before I turned and started walking towards the exit. As I turned the corner, I looked back at him, and saw him doing a little victory dance, before he walked back into the interrogation room, and I could not help but laugh.

I was quite anxious when the following morning arrived. I had put on a pair of ripped jeans, a navy blue tank top and a white cardigan on top. I even took the time to curl my hair. And even though I rarely wore heals, I decided to put my best pair of heels on. Booth was beyond a shadow of a doubt the most hansome guy to ever ask me - not that I got asked out a lot, but I had been on some seriously bad dates. Well, this was not a date, it was lunch. Nothing that special, but I still felt a jittery feeling in my stomack when thinking about it.

"You have lunch today? Really? With who?" Matt asked when I told him about my plans for lunch. We usually ate together in the cafeteria, and I had told him that he could maybe ask Wendy to join him for lunch. I had felt utterly stupid when I had to get to know Wendy all over again, seing as I could not remember ever meeting her before. Another question I had raised: Why did I even like her? She was rude, inappropriate and selfish, but I did not tell Matt about my newly evolved feeling for his special lady-friend.
"You know the guy I told you about - the one from the hospital? Well, he happened to be the FBI agent interrogating me about the dead body found in the park." I grinned, and I was sure I was looking incredibly ridiculus the way I was blushing.
"An FBI agent? Wow, he sounds HOT!" he said with an overexcited kind of voice - something he always did when I had met a new guy.
"Yes, and FBI agent, and yes, I do find him attractive," I admitted, and blushed even worse than before. Matt grinned and hit me playfully in my shoulder. "Well, if things go further than this non-date-lunch of yours, maybe the four of us can get together?" He was looking hopeful, but the very least thing I wanted to do was spend moe time than necessary with Wendy.
"Maybe," I responded quickly and went back to my paperwork.
"By the way, Matt," I said after a couple of minutes in silence. He turned around and nodded. "Do you by any chance know where the Royal Diner is?" He thought for a while, then shook his head.
"No, never heard of it!" Damn it, how was I supposed to meet Booth, if I did not know where I was supposed to meet him.

I left for lunch 30 minutes early, in the hopes that someone in the shops outside work would know where the Royal Diner was - but no such luck. I ran like crazy, and I finally managed to stop a taxi, and luckily he knew the place. After a 15 minute drive, we were there, and I paid the taxidriver and started walking. I straightened out my tanktop and started walking, feeling the nerves filling up my entire body. I was a little early, and hopefully I could find a seat and camn down a little before Booth would arrive.
"Hi, Zooey!" A voice called behind me, and as I turned I saw that is was Booth.
"Hi," I responded nervously and stopped walking. He reached over to where I stood, and offered his arm, and I took it. We walked together into the Diner, and I was pleasantly surprised. The diner was small, but cosy, a place I could see myself enjoying myself. Booth led me to the table at the far end of the diner, and I took out a seat for me to sit.
"A gentleman, I see," I said, and grinned sheepishly. I straightened out my back while Booth took a seat, and he smiled his charming smile at me.
"So, how is your day so far?" Booth asked and placed his elbows on the table, causing his entire body to come closer to me.
"Well, I have been working - you might have heard of such a thing?" I asked playfully, and he grinned. "Nothing special. My bestfriend wants me to watch a film with him and his girlfriend, but I am not sure I want to." Booth nodded in a fashion that I understood as complete understanding.
"I know all about that," he said. "So, where do you work?" He actually looked interested.
"I work in a marketing company called Market4U. As of right now I am trying to work my way up, but right now I am handling applications. Deciding who we want to have as clients. It is not a good job, but I imagine it will be better when I am the manager of the place." we both laughed, and it made some of the tension disappear.

Lunch flew by extremely quickly, and it was when I glanced in the general direction of the exit door that I noticed what time it was.
"Oh gosh, I should have been at work 15 minutes ago!" I flew up from my seat, and felt the anxiety kick in. "I won't be manager if I keep this up," I said and giggled, and Booth stood up with me.
"I can drive you.." he started saying, but I cut him off.
"No, no, no need, I can just catch a taxi, no worries." I ran over to his side of the table and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "I hope we can do this again some time." And then I ran out of the diner, and caught the nearest taxi and told him to head straight to Market4U. That was of course the moment I realised I had left my purse in the diner.
"Oh, I am so sorry, I left my purse at that diner. If you can just wait out here, I can go get some money. My friend can lend me some." The taxidriver nodded, and I ran like crazy into the building, and found Matt. He lend me money, and I ran back outside to the taxidriver with his money. How on earth was I supposed to get my purse back? It almost certainly had to have been stolen by the time I had time to go back and get it.

Work was over at four o'clock, and I left my desk with Matt a few minutes later.
"Can I just call you later, I need to go back and look for my purse, and hopefully it will still be there," I asked Matt. I had decided to cave, and go see a film with him and Wendy. I walked out of the building, and started scanning the streets, on the look out for a taxi.
"Are you looking for this?" a familiar voice said, and I was happy to see Booth standing by a pillar, holding my purse.
"Oh, yes! Gosh, thank you!" I exclaimed, and jogged over to him. He handed me my purse, and I happily accepted. "Oh, you did not have to come all the way over here to give it to me." Booth shrugged and smiled.
"But what does a girl do without her purse, huh?" He put his hands in his trouserpockets, and smiled.
"Oh, that is so true!" I said, and tilted my head to the side. He truly was a hansome man.
"And anyway, I didn't get your phonenumber, so how was I supposed to call you and ask you to have lunch with me again?" He grinned, and took a step closer. I took the hint, and started rummaging though my bag to find a pen and paper. I scribbled down my name and number, and handed the piece of paper to Booth.
"Thank you," he said and smiled. I told him that we needed to have lunch again, and we said bye, and I started walking home. That was when my cellphone chimed.

How about lunch tomorrow?
Same place, same time.
I can come pick you up at
12 sharp? :)
Booth xx


My response was short:
Sure thing! ;)
Zooey xx
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you all! Thank you for reading, commenting and all :)

Many more subscribers and comments are greatly appreciated =D