Status: on hiatus sorry :(

Miracles Aren't Fiction

Chapter 2- Give Me Your Attention

“Did you see the new boy? I think his name is Brandon or something..”

“Nah, I think it’s Brendon.”

“Whatever, isn’t he cute?”

“Sure, if you like the dorky type.”

All over the school, you can hear people whispering, gossiping, and giggling over the latest “toy.”

Brendon Urie.

Ryan likes how his name rolls off his tongue s if it were natural. Not that he’s been saying the name over and over again to keep it in his memory. Nope, he did not do that.

But you all already know what denial looks like, don’t you?

It’s only lunchtime and everyone knows about the new exciting kid. Everyone has noticed the “stylishly” beat up converses, the almost too tight skinny jeans, and the hint of eyeliner on his eyes. They talk about how mysterious he is and how he hasn’t really spoken to anyone other than the occasional “Hi, I’m Brendon.”

Therefore, it was a very pleasant surprise when Brendon took the very vacant seat next to Ryan and smiled right at him. Spencer noted the hint of panic that flitted across Ryan’s eyes that gave way to shock, and then changed to pleasant hope. He also noticed how Brendon saw and smiled wider.

“So, not to be rude, but why are you sitting here?” Ryan shoots Spencer an annoyed glance, because apparently, he was rude enough.

“Well, if you’d look around the cafeteria, you’d see that most seats are taken… Or would you like to borrow my glasses to see better?” Brendon smirks, and instantly the two dislike each other.

Ryan intervenes to try to lighten the tension. Meaning, he kicks Spencer under the table and gives Brendon an apologetic smile. While Spencer is rubbing his now throbbing leg, Ryan tries to make conversation.

“So, um, your name’s Brendon right?”

“Yup, and I already know that you’re Ryan.” He chuckles at Ryan’s confused look and says, “I have my ways of knowing.”

Wait, is he flirting with me? Well, two can play at that game.

“Oh really now?” Ryan gives him a furtive smile that makes most girls swoon.

“Yup... Hey, you want your fries?” But somehow, Brendon is unaffected by it.

Guess I was wrong. Oh well, I’m wrong about a lot of things, can’t say I didn’t expect it.

Ryan gives up his fries and lapses into a period of silence. Brendon is babbling away and Spencer and Ryan share a look that says, “He’s mysterious and doesn’t talk much?”

**************************************

When lunch is over, Brendon abruptly gets up and walks away without bidding anybody goodbye. Ryan stands up looking dumbfounded because the boy he just met was not who he expected.

For one, at 17 years old, Brendon already lives on his own. Ever since he started rebelling against his Mormon parents, he became more independent. He moved to Las Vegas to find a cheap apartment, and what better place to do so for an underage teen than Vegas? Especially if you have the money.

Second, it seems that the kid is incapable of shutting up, unless there’s food in his mouth. And sometimes not even then.

And lastly, Ryan just can’t keep his eyes off Brendon. The attraction he has toward the boy is unbelievable. He caught himself multiple times leaning toward Brendon’s lips before he righted himself.

Every cell in Ryan’s body feels a tugging sensation toward the beautiful gorgeous boy, but his mind keeps screaming, “STAY AWAY.”

It seems that our dear Ryan Ross is in trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayz!! Chapter 2 is up! I'd like to thank everyone who commented (Danny Worsnop. and harlequinxlovers) Sadly I won't be able to update til Monday at least, but Chapter three is already done and being edited! Lots of surprises in store for you guys!