Status: on hiatus sorry :(

Miracles Aren't Fiction

Chapter 6- Can You Help Me Understand?

Somewhere, in the back of his mind, Ryan knows that things around him are terribly wrong. He’s not quite sure why he thinks this; when only two things have set him off to the world’s unusualness today.

Today is Monday and Ryan would say he had a reasonably normal weekend. Shopping for clothes, and bickering with his best friend.

All completely, and utterly normal.

But when he’s walking to school and sees Pete waiting for him in front of the doors, with a grin big enough to light up the universe, Ryan can’t help the feeling of uneasiness settling inside his stomach. Especially when most of last week Ryan didn’t hear from Pete at all.

After their unexpected kiss.

As soon as Pete notices Ryan, he runs up to the boy and hugs him tightly. Ryan hugs back hesitantly.

“So how was your weekend Ryro?” Pete asks, looking at Ryan almost possessively.

“Um, it was fine. Just did some shopping with Spencer, and that’s about it. Uh,… how was yours?”

“My weekend was very pleasant, thank you very much for asking. You could say I took care of a few things that needed taking care of.”

“Uh-huh….ok then… we need to get to class now…” Ryan takes a few steps into the school slowly, and then walks briskly to his locker before going to homeroom.

When he enters the classroom, he sees that Pete has already arrived in the class and taken his usual seat.

Meaning, Brendon won’t be sitting next to Ryan today.

As the 10 minutes of homeroom take forever to pass, Ryan keeps noticing from his peripheral vision Pete staring at him. It unnerves Ryan for a bit before he realizes that this is actually “normal” behavior from Pete.

As the day goes on, Ryan also notices that his “stalker” is walking him to every class.

Finally, when lunch comes, Ryan feels a sudden wave of relief because Pete actually went to his own class today. He looks around the café eagerly, knowing that the person of his interest has this lunch period.

But he frowns when Brendon is nowhere to be found.

He sits down at the usual table and waits for Spencer while he plays with his rubbery pizza.

When Ryan looks up to see what is taking his best friend so long, he sees a familiar mop of hair exiting the lunchroom.

Before his brain can register it, Ryan’s feet have carried him across the café, and out the door following the boy of his fantasies. He follows Brendon into the boy’s bathroom and waits for him to finish his business.

Brendon knows that Ryan is in the bathroom with him and hopes that the kid will just leave him alone, although his instincts tell him that Ryan is very stubborn.

He walks out of the last stall, flushing the toilet to give the illusion that he was actually using it. He ignores Ryan at first while washing his hands but when the time comes for him to leave, there Ryan is, blocking the exit.

“What do you want?” Brendon sighs, wanting to get this over with.

“Why aren’t you in lunch?” Ryan asks.

“I was in lunch.”

“Ok… why weren’t you sitting with me and Spencer?”

“I didn’t know it was mandatory for me to sit with you guys. I might possibly have other friends.” Brendon’s eyes are shifting, not wanting to look at Ryan directly and Ryan notices this.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah… why wouldn’t I be?”

“It’s just that… from the days that I’ve known you… you seem more… I don’t know… happy.”

“Well, people can’t be happy everyday.”

“I thought you could.” Ryan says softly. Brendon finally meets Ryan’s eyes and they stare at each other for what seems like an eternity. Something seems to pass between them, and Brendon decides to discard any insecurities he has and take a chance.

“Hey, Ryan…” Pause.

“Yeah?”

“Would you mind if I kissed you right now?” Ryan gasps and then slowly shakes his head.

“No, I wouldn’t mind one bit.” He breathes.

Brendon leans forward, and their lips meet in what Ryan could only describe as a passionate kiss. It was everything Ryan dreamed it would be. It was soft and firm, delicious and sweet, and most of all it was patient. As if they had all the time in the world.

It was everything Pete’s kiss wasn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's chapter 6... not my best chapter but Brendon and Ryan FINALLY kissed!

Love all my commenters and subscribers!

Chapter title is from Something- Escape The Fate