Status: on hiatus sorry :(

Miracles Aren't Fiction

Chapter 9- You're A Regular Decorated Emergency

Ryan goes to the hospital after school, still shaken up. Spencer tried to find out what was wrong but Ryan wasn’t spilling anything. This was his problem and he’s going to handle it on his own.

He walks into the hospital front doors and asks the front desk receptionist where he may find Brendon. The receptionist says that he’s in room 204 and Ryan knows this to mean the recovery room. His walk slows the closer he gets and suddenly, Ryan is afraid of what he will see behind the closed door. He takes a deep breath and pushes open the door to room 204. He sighs with relief when he sees Brendon and it isn’t half as bad as what he thought it would be.

Brendon has a black eye and a busted lip, but that’s about it for the facial bruises. As Ryan walks closer, he sees an arm in a sling and bandages covering the other arm. He takes a peek at the doctor’s report and has to stifle his gasp. Brendon has two broken ribs, a fractured right arm, and deep gashes covering his left arm. His left ankle is sprained, and he has a concussion, which is luckily not critical.

Ryan places a hand on top of Brendon forehead and leans down to kiss him softly on the lips.

“I am so sorry,” He whispers, “This is all my fault. I should have said something about Pete being a bit psychotic. I’m sorry.”

Brendon shifts a bit and Ryan holds his breath. Brendon mutters something that Ryan doesn’t quite catch and stills.

“I’m going to make this better. I’m going to keep you safe.” Ryan kisses Brendon once more before leaving the room.

***********************

Spencer can’t help but wonder what is going on with his best friend. He’s always been a bit on the quiet side, but Ryan was always able to talk to and confide in Spencer. It’s actually really creeping Spencer out, the way Ryan has withdrawn from everyone.

He’s about to go and see if Ryan is on aim when a knock sounds on his bedroom door. He says “come in” thinking that it’s just his mom or dad. When he turns to address his parents, Spencer’s eyes widen as he sees that the person who entered his room is none other than Jon Walker.

“Hey, uh, what’s up?” Smooth, real smooth. Spencer mentally smacks himself over the head.

“I just wanted to visit you and see if you wanted to hang out or something.” Jon is shuffling his feet, looking at Spencer with a sheepish expression.

“But I’ll understand if you’re busy or have something better to do.”

“No, no, actually I have nothing to do right now. I’ll go out with you…I MEAN, I’ll hang out with you…uh…yeah.” Jon laughs at Spencer’s awkwardness and Spencer forgets about Ryan for the moment.

****************************

Ryan is at home contemplating what the best action he should take is. He goes online to check and see if his best friend is on. He could really use some of Spencer’s advice and honest opinion. But, for some reason, Spencer isn’t online at all. Ryan sighs and turns off the computer. He falls on top of his bed, wondering how exactly he got in this situation.

Why is Pete so obsessed with him? Ryan doesn’t even believe that he’s attractive, let alone someone to obsess over. He knows for a fact that he’s going to the park on Saturday to see Pete. He doesn’t want Brendon to get hurt anymore over him.

What Ryan doesn’t know is what’s going to happen after he meets Pete. And quite honestly, he doesn’t want to think about it.

Ryan looks at his clock at the same time his cell rings. 11:22 pm. He looks at the caller I.D and sees that it’s Spencer. When Ryan picks up, Spencer immediately starts going on about his night with a kid named Jon. Ryan instantly notices that Spencer has a crush, but doesn’t call him on it. He’ll say it in his own time. He listens to his friend talk, chuckling and oh’ing at all the right parts.

Ryan also realizes that this isn’t the right time to discuss his own problems and keeps silent about it. He doesn’t want Spencer to stop being happy at his expense. When Ryan gets off the phone with Spencer he feels a bit hollow.

Who can he talk to now?
♠ ♠ ♠
I regret to inform you guys that this is the last update until next week Monday or Wendsday, depending on my plans. I'm going to Conneticut for the weekend to go to a water park, and then on Tuesday I'm going to Six Flags.

I would try to update tomorrow but Chapter 10 isn't finished yet...so I probably wont. Sorry! :(

Chapter title credit goes to Camisado- Panic! at the Disco