The Horrors Story

Car Park

All in black drainpipes they staggered helplessly out of the big strong oak doors. They all helped each other out and over to the car. Faris fell over a few times, scraping his knees up a bit. Joe pulled out his keys from his jean pocket and tried to find the keyhole. As he were doing the searching, Georgia he name being called, and a rush of feet stomping through the gravel behind her.

She turned and came face to face with lee, the bassist of “We Smoke Fags”. He huffed, showing he was out of breath, his face flushed and he carried a bottle of water.
“Georgia, Georgia Richardson?” He asked, wheezing.

“Erm... yes?” She answered swaying from side to side; she dug her heel into the gravel trying desperately not to fall over.

“It’s me Lee. We used to go to school together, we met at that girls party, remember?” Lee’s eyes were wide and he took a sip from his water.
“Yeah, I do remember. Do you want to go for a walk?” Georgia said, drunkenly she pointed over to a small wooden bench over by the pub; beside it was a telephone box.

They sat down on the bench and began to talk about the party they met each other at, bringing up old school mates and teachers laughing at them, telling each other gossip that happened mere five years previously. They spoke about boyfriends and girlfriends and family life.

Georgia glanced over at the boys, they were now all getting into the car, must have taken them at least forty-five minutes to achieve that, then again, they did go pretty large that night. She turned her head to find Lee staring into the car looking at the boys who were now struggling for room and shouting swear words at each other. Within minutes the car was full of smoke and a window was being rolled down.

“Ah, still hanging around with Joe then I see.” Lee chuckled; Joe and Lee also met at that girl’s party, only they had a bit of an argument. Joe stuck his head out of the window, a joint hanging from his lips. He shot daggers at Lee.

“Didn’t like that look he gave you, don’t worry about him, just overly protective like a big brother.” Georgia assured him quickly, before he got the wrong idea.

“Oh. Well it was always said you two were an item, I mean you were - and still are by the looks of things - always together. It was just suspected, and I always thought maybe...” Lee said, now staring into Georgia’s eyes. Instead she snapped her eyelids over her ocean blue orbs and stared into total darkness. Georgia re-opened them to look at him and say:
“Me and Joe have never, and never will be together. Like I said, more like a big brother than boyfriend material for me. What was going on with you and that Cissy girl eh? I heard you marched straight into 4th after knowing her for a couple of days.”

Lee stopped staring at her and moved his gaze to his feet now fondly interested with his shoes “That was a mistake, and plus I was wreaked, nobody new what was happening.”

“Calm down.” Georgia said, and then she noticed bright blue jeans enter her vision; she looked up and noticed a cowboy from earlier, staring down at her. He sat down next to her; he put an arm around her shoulder and told Lee to fuck off. But he stayed put once Georgia immediately placed her hand in his. No fear was sensed from her, but it was brewing up inside her thick and fast.

Cowboy man lent towards her right ear and whispered “I hear the 'word' on the street is "legs"! Why don't you and me go back to my house and spread the 'word'.”
Georgia stared at him and took a deep breath and let it back out loudly.

“Look mate, I don’t want shag from you so if that’s what you’re asking for, please fuck off. My boyfriend and I just found out I’m 2 months pregnant so leave...” Cowboy did as he was told looking thoroughly disappointed.

Lee stood up and helped Georgia back to the car, the smoke had cleared away and the sky was still really dark and the stars were blocked out by cloud... or pollution. They peered inside the car window and found them fast asleep, all snoring quietly.

“Would you like a lift home? The boys are probably still drinking or packing up we could give you a lift, or pay for your taxi or something.” Lee offered, hoping that this moment wouldn’t be the last they see of each other.

“No I can’t just leave the guys here, they’ll freak out in the morning,” She watched Rhys shuffle and rest his head on Joshua’s shoulder. “I’ll just sleep in here; they’ll do what they can to make me comfy. But, give me you’re number I’ll give you a call in the afternoon, I’ll meet you in town and we can get a coffee, I need to do some Christmas and birthday shopping though”

“Yeah that’d be really brilliant” and they exchanged number. “So I’ll see you later then?”

“Yeah, see you later.” Georgia and Lee hugged and kissed each other on the cheek. Then departed, Georgia watched Lee walk back into the pub and the oak door slam behind him, she smiled and agreed she made herself a new friend. Pulling open the car door, Joe was sound asleep. She had to shake him to wake him up.

“Joe, can I come in? It’s cold out here and I’m tired” Georgia said, being true to her word. She was shivering with the chill and her eyelids were increasing with weight.

“Oh! Yeah, yeah of course you can. You can sit on my lap.” Joe sort of slurred his words and got himself comfy. He slapped his thighs and Georgia slid onto his lap, she closed the door behind her, and Joe instantly wrapped his arms around her waist. She nested her head into his neck and kissed it softly.

“Enough of that,” Joe said laughing slightly, Georgia stopped and closed her eyes. “So how is what’s-his-name?” Georgia knew he was referring to Lee.

“He’s good; we’re going out for a coffee tomorrow. Hope you don’t mind”

“If he lays one finger on you, I’ll hurt beat him into next week” Joe threatened in a whisper. Georgia giggled and poked him.

“Shut up and go to sleep.” And with that as their final word, the car blew up.

No I was just joking, the car didn’t blow up, and Joe and Georgia just feel asleep.

~

The next afternoon, they woke up to find everyone squashed together; Faris’s head was nearing the horn on the steering wheel. Tomethy banged his head on the window and let out a loud yell, which made Rhys hit him on the knee making him yell again. Georgia lifted her head up from Joe whose grin was back in its original state.

Joshua was looking around and Faris’s head was still on the steering wheel, but he wasn’t asleep. Joe looked at him and was about to shout something before Georgia shouted “I’M DRIVING”. Joe looked astonished. She opened the door and jumped out, Joe on her heels. She reached the other door, hurrying Faris out. She was so close to getting in until Joe grabbed her dragged her back. He made for the seat but he then got dragged back by his slender waist. They fell back onto the gravel with a thud.

By this point, everyone inside the car was watching, Rhys made Josh roll down his window and shouted “Would someone please just drive!”

Georgia was now struggling to get her foot inside the car. Joe made a remarkable move and grabbed it back. Tomethy rolled his eyes and opened the door, Rhys and Josh followed. They walked over to Faris and said they were going to get the bus back and leave the other two to battle it out.

Joe ended up driving as Georgia was pulling every womanising card out of the pocket and was disqualified for cheating. She slumped in the passenger seat and demanded to be taken back home. Joe obeyed and dropped her off before speeding back to his own house.

~

In town Georgia was looking around in Topshop looking for new underwear when she got a phone call. Looking at called ID, Lee was flashing about on her screen.
“Hello?” She picked up the receiver the same time she picked up blue French knickers.
“Where are you?” Lee asked, naturally curious.

“I’m in Topshop looking for some underwear.” Did that sound natural?

“Oh! Well you still up for coffee, I’m in boots now, so if you want we can meet up once you’ve finished buying your uh... underwear?”

“That sounds great, see you in Starbucks in five, okay?” Georgia hung up and set the French knickers, along with other undergarments on the counter. She looked up to find another long lost friend “Russell?”

“Yes... oh my goodness, Georgia? Georgia Richardson?” Russell was now wide eyed and delighted.

“How are you?” She asked, smiling. She watched him scan the price tags and neatly set them in the bag.

“I’ve been great, yeah, great. What about you?” Russell was in Georgia’s sisters’ year, but she always found that she acted older than what she seemed when she was a little younger. Russell was three years older than Georgia.

“Fantastic. Look I’d really like to hang around and talk,” Georgia said handing him her credit and discount card, “But I’m meeting Lee for a coffee. Maybe you and I should meet up for a catch up, what about on Monday?”

“Yeah, Monday sounds great. Erm, 12:45 Starbucks?” Russell suggested

“Love it see you there then.” Russell handed her the Topshop bag which contained all her newly bought undergarments and walked out.

~

She sipped her ice latte and nodded agreeing to everything he said, she hadn’t noticed they had so much in common.
Georgia began to feel herself warming up to him. He spoke about his bands mates and tour manager with love and affection. As if they were the only good things happening in his life. Which he admitted wasn’t true, he loved the band dearly. But family stands firm in the way.

His thin lips snapped together tightly and pushed his head down, cursing under his breath.
“What?” Georgia whispered. Looking at him

“That’s my stalker of an ex girlfriend!”

“I don’t think she saw you, come on lets sneak out” they gulped down the remaining bits of beverages they had in their cups and grabbed there belonging making for the door.

LEE!” Came a high pitched squeal. Georgia turned to Lee and saw him mouth ‘fuck’. He turned around with a smile.

“Ami! Hi, how are you?” He plastered on a fake smile and grinned at her. She however maintained a face like a slapped arse.

“Who is she and what is she doing with you?” Ami asked.

“We grabbed a coffee and now we are going back home. Why?” Lee asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Because, I don’t want some bitch grabbing onto my boyfriend.” Georgia rose at the word bitch, as it was clearly directed at her. Totally forgetting they were stood in the middle of Starbucks she raised her voice. “You belong to me Lee!”

“I’m no ones fucking property.” Lee spat behind gritted teeth.

“You know, if you’re not careful you’re going to lose me, Lee.” Ami said, this made Lee laugh, but made Ami madder.

“I lost you two months ago, are you mental? We’re over, I chucked you remember?” Lee said. He shook his hand still chuckling to himself, he swing his arm round Georgia’s shoulder and walked out. Into the cold chill space outside.