Status: Behold! Jetfire is an old bot and is slow moving(not in this fic tho XD) but so is this Fic!

Lay Me Down With a Ghost

Sleep well?

'Jetfire to any Autobot receiving this signal, I ask that you answer.'
Jetfire sighed. The young woman had cried her to sleep. He hadn't meant to scare her and he supposed it was his fault for her hitting her head.
'Hello, Jetfire. It's Optimus Prime. I thought you had asked us to offline you?'
'I'll explain later, Prime. Right now I need the coordinates to where you are at. I have someone that is in need of medical assistance,' Jetfire sent back through the COM link.
'Alright, Jetfire, here are the coordinates,' Optimus replied, sending the coordinates over.
'Thank you, yet again, Prime.'
'You're welcome, Jetfire.'

Upon arriving at the NEST base, Jetfire was greeted by Autobot Optimus Prime and Ratchet, the medical mech.
Jetfire landed and activated his holoform, retrieving Irene from the cock pit and placing her in Ratchet's metal hand before deactivating his human form and transforming into his bipedal form. He also had no use for the part that he once used as a cane because of the work done on him.
“She's asleep right now, but back at the Annex I scared her and she fell backwards, hitting her head,” Jetfire said, following Ratchet and Optimus to the Med Bay.
“Why did you not leave her there for the other humans to find her? Assuming there was going to be one to find her quickly,” Optimus asked.
“I would answer that if I could, Prime. I do not even know myself,” Jetfire told him.
Optimus nodded, “And about you coming back?”
“Irene, the girl,” He motioned towards her. “Said she saw something flash when her nephew showed her his bracelet. Said something about it having the same symbols as the ones on me.” Jetfire showed Optimus the symbols on his arms. “They're Decepticon marks from back in the days. I wouldn't know how he got a hold of something like that.”
“We'll ask her if she knows when she wakes up,” Optimus suggested.
“And after she has had enough rest. She's okay, just a bit of a minor concussion, but for now she needs rest to recuperate,” Ratchet spoke, laying her in one of the small, human sized cots by the wall.
“Of course,” Optimus said. “Jetfire, would you be willing to stay with her till she awakes?”
Jetfire nodded, “I would mind.”
“Please tell me when she awakes, Jetfire, so I can give her a check-up,” Ratchet told him.
Jetfire nodded again as the other two Autobots walked out of the Med Bay. He watched Irene's face as she slept, 'Just what is so special about you to make this old hard ass to take you with me?' He thought. He slowly fell asleep watching her, leaning against the cold wall.

A few hours later, Irene awoke. Her eyes fluttered and she sat up. She looked around her and the place looked like once of the med bays her mother was in, some years ago.
She noticed the large robot, Jetfire, against the wall with his eyes closed. She presumed he was asleep. She didn't disturb him as she quietly crawled out of the uncomfortable cot. She walked to the large exit and opened it. She wasn't running away, she didn't know what Jetfire would do to her for doing so. She looked around and was astonished when she saw more of the gigantic beings walking around with soldiers beside them.
Seeing them brought back memories of her mother, Major Kassie Irene Stridewell.
She shook her head, telling herself even though she could still remember, she was over it.
Irene didn't notice a large neon yellow robot come upon her, “Well hello there. You must be Irene.”
Irene jumped and her eyes grew fearful. She ran back into the Med Bay, hearing the neon robot mutter to himself. Even though she was still an teensy bit scared of Jetfire, she trusted him more than the others. She quickly hid behind his leg, and clung to it, waking the Black Bird.
“Huh, wha'?” He looked down at her with a questioning look.
Shaking, she pointed at Ratchet who walked into the Med Bay slowly.
“I'm sorry, little one. I didn't mean to scare you,” he noticed Jetfire was awake. “Do you know where she went?”
Jetfire chuckled and pointed behind his leg, “It's alright, 'irly. Ratchet's not gunna harm you. He's the doctor I was telling you about.”
Irene gave Jetfire a skeptical look, before facing Ratchet, shaking, “I'm...I'm sorry for running. I'm j-just not used to this.”
“That's quite alright. I'm the one that should be sorry. I should have used my holoform,” Ratchet said.
Irene looked confused, “Holo-what?”
“Holoform. It allows us blend with the humans, other than our Alt. Modes. Anyways, if you will please come over so I can scan and see how well you've healed.”
Irene cautiously made her way over to Ratchet, with the encouragement of Jetfire. She cringed when Ratchet bent down some to her level.
“It seems rest was all you need, but don't be surprised if you get an occasional headache. I'll advise you take it easy for now. Oh and to assure you, all of us, the Autobots, will not harm you at all so there's no need to be afraid.”
Irene nodded and hurriedly walked over to Jetfire.
“Optimus said if she gets bored hungry you could take her to the lounge a few buildings over. Good day you two.”
Irene muttered a small thank you to him and looked up into Jetfire's bright red optics, as if she could see everything about him.
Jetfire rose an eyebrow before asking if she was hungry.
She was about to answer but her stomach did that for her by answering with a loud growl. This caused both her and Jetfire to laugh.
She nodded, cheeks flushed.
Jetfire lowered his hand flat on the floor, “Climb on. We'll get there faster.”
Irene looked scared, but climbed on none-the-less, “So are you calling me slow?”
Jetfire laughed again, “In a sense, yes.”
Irene sat down so she would not fall and stuck out her tongue childishly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys, what do you think?
Message/Rate/Comment please?
P:
Image

Image