Status: Behold! Jetfire is an old bot and is slow moving(not in this fic tho XD) but so is this Fic!

Lay Me Down With a Ghost

Thoughts.

Several hours passed before Jetfire and Irene arrived back at the NEST base. Irene had stopped the flood of tears but she was still shaking. Upon landing, Optimus greeted them. His smile fell when he saw the state Irene was in.
Jetfire's holoform disappeared after helping Irene out of the cockpit. He quickly transformed into his bipedal form and as gently as he could, he picked up Irene. Irene yelped, the pain in her sides burning like fire.
“Where's Ratchet?” Jetfire asked the Autobot leader.
“In the Med. Bay,” Optimus told him.
Jetfire strode quickly to the Med. Bay. Ratchet, upon seeing Irene, quickly transformed into his Alt. Mode, and activating his holoform. He motioned for Jetfire to place her on the small medical table made specifically for humans.
Ratchet bandaged up Irene and gave her medicine to make her fall asleep. Transforming back into his bipedal form, Ratchet and Jetfire walked outside the building, Optimus there waiting.
“Is she alright?” Jetfire asked.
“She has cracked several ribs. What happened?” Ratched asked.
“That's what I'd like to know,” Optimus spoke.
Jetfire sighed, and then a glare grew on his face, “We were attacked by Decepticons. Starscream and Megatron. We retrieved the energy source,” Jetfire handed the bracelet to Optimus. “Starscream threw her to the ground. She just stopped leaking a few hours ago, but she was crying because Megatron killed her sibling and nephew. Right in front of her.”
Optimus' eyes widened slightly, but remained their calm demeanor, “It seems Megatron has also discovered the energy source. Which means we're going to have to be quite cautious from now on.”
Jetfire nodded then looked to Optimus, “I'm going to go find somewhere quiet. If you need me, you know how.”
The Medi-bot and the Autobot leader nodded as Jetfire took off into the air in his Alt. Mode. He flew over a few nearby mountains and found a safe spot to land. Transforming into his true form, he sat down on the edge of a small cliff and looked out beyond the horizon.
'Slag it. Those Decepticons and their glitched up leader. I can't believe I used to be one of them,' Jetfire thought to himself. 'Why do I feel the need to protect this young human?'
Jetfire tried to think of several ways why, but he couldn't seem to think of the right one.

Half a day later, Ratchet contacted Jetfire through the COM link, 'Jetfire, the human wishes to see you.'
'Alright. Tell 'er I'll be there in a few minutes,' Jetfire told the old medical bot.
Sitting for a few more minutes, Jetfire stood and stretched out his joints before transforming and flying back over to the NEST base.

Walking over to the Med. Bay, Jetfire sighed and walked in.
Irene was laying down on the bed, propped up against a few pillows. She smiled, and winced as she tried to motion for Jetfire to come to her.
Ratchet glared slightly at her. She smiled sheepishly at him before looking back at Jetfire who sat beside her on the floor.
She reached her hand out slowly, because of the pain, and placed it on Jetfire's metal face, “Jetfire?”
He looked at her eyes.
“Thank you.”
Jetfire's spark clenched then, “Y-your welcome, Irene.”
Irene smiled before pulling her hand back to herself and laying against the pillows closing her eyes. Jetfire watched her sleep, her breathing slightly hitched by the internal damage.
He looked over at Ratchet and asked quietly, “How long till she's better?”
“Maybe three weeks or so, but for now you need to recharge. Go to the main hangar. I'll use the COM links if anything comes up,” Ratchet instructed him.
Jetfire nodded and did as he was told.

' 'You stupid little fleshing. Causing so much trouble. I'll kill you, but first let's take care of your friend here,' Megatron spoke, grabbing the almost lifeless body of Jetfire. Megatron grabbed on to Jetfire's limbs and pulled them out of their sockets before blasting a hole straight through Jetfire's chest.
Tears fell from Irene's face. She tried to scream but no sound came out. She clawed at her throat, trying to get sound to arouse.
Megatron cackled evilly and tossed the offlined body of Jetfire aside. He grasped his hand around the young woman's body and aimed his cannon at her. The last thing Irene saw was a blast of white-blue light.'
♠ ♠ ♠
well there ya have it guys :D
Message/Rate/Review please?