Blessings and Nightmares

Seventeen

(Lilia's pov)

I hate Mondays. They were so tiring, and they made you feel like the day would never end. So all in all, I hate Mondays. And Tuesdays, and every single day. But Saturday... Saturday is a good day.

I thought of that as I sat in front of the toaster waiting for my toast to be done. Ashley then walddled into the kitchen.

"Morning, Ash." I smiled despite my tiredness. "Ouch! Damn!" I hissed jerking my hand back from the toaster then unplugging the stupid thing.

"Don't stick your fingers in the toaster, Lil...You know better." Ashley smirked, taking a bite into an apple. I glared as her and stuck out my tongue.

"Forget the toast, let me just get you to school." I mumbled grabbing my car keys.

---

I clocked into the hospital and was greeted by Carlisle standing in the hallway between our offices.

"Morning Carlisle." I said as I unlocked my office door. I walked in throwing my purse on one of my many chairs, leaving the door open.

"Wow...you've made it so homey." Calisle said as he looked at my office forthe first time since I finish designing it.

Office.

I giggled. "Thanks. The atmosphere is sopposed to make patients feel more comfortable. But sadly the chairs are kind of lumpy." I winced, pushing my hand onto one of the chairs.

Carlisle nodded taking notice in my burned fingure. "What happened?" He asked walking up to me and taking my left hand which held my burnt finger.

"Carlisle it's only a slight burn."I said shrugging, adding a small smile.

"Well you still need to put something on it. Come on." He said walking to his office where I had followed him.

Carlisle walked behind his desk and reached into a drawer only to pull out a little white tube.
"This is burn ointment. It is going to sting a little." He said putting a little of the ointment on a plastic spread.

I winced as he rubbed it in to the burn. "Thanks" I said.

"Your welcome." He said, smiling at me.

"Now dont you think we should both be getting to work?" I smiled as Carlisle wrapped a band-aid around my finger.

He nodded his head. "Yes we should. Lunch later?"

"Of course." I smiled and he leaned down and kissed me. His kiss was amazing, and there weren't many words to describe the kiss, only that it felt like heaven.

~~

Carlisle and I were just coming back from lunch when a couple of nurses approached us with small smiles on their faces.

"Hello Lilia, Carlisle. How are you today?" Jane asked the both of us.

"I'm good," I answered. Carlisle smiled and nodded in agreement with me.

"We were wondering if we could talk to you?" Claire then asked. That gave Carlisle the cue to leave as he kissed my cheek and walked away.

"Oh, of course. I have a feeling that you have something important to ask?" I questioned smirking at Jane's lit up face.

"Nothing gets passed you, does it?" She laughed. "Okay, well we wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to Port Angeles with us this weekend?" Jane asked shifting her eyes between Carlisle and I"

"I'll have to think about it. So i'll let you know by....Thursday?" I said, making sure if that was okay with them. They nodded, telling me how they have to check up on their patients, and walked off.

"Lilia." Carlisle said with his head toward the front entrance. I turned to look in his direction to see Edward carrying my little sister, and the rest of the Cullen's following behind.

"Oh my god, what's going on?!" I asked running towards the Cullens.

"Her water broke." Rosalie answered.

What seemed to go by fast was the transaction of Ashley's labor. It didn't even seem so long, eventhough she was in labor for more than six hours. It was quite a shock for how short it was, but I was pretty happy that it was over with.

~~

"My baby, Blaire Corrine Foster." Ashley grinned tiredly.

"She is beautiful." I said smiling. I looked up slightly to see Ashley's tired and worn expresstion. "Ashley you need to go to sleep now. I can tell your exhausted."

She jerked her head up at me, shocked. "B-but Lil..."

"I promise she will still be here when you wake. Besides this maybe be the only good sleep you will get in a while." I said with a slight smile.

She grinned slightly, before a nurse came in and gentley took the Blaire from Ash. I could see the confustion in her eyes, but Edward answered before I did.

"She's just going to check her height and weight, Blaire will be here when you wake up." He explained lightly kissing her lips.

I smiled before stepping out of the room and to the waiting room to the rest of the Cullen family. The all looked so anxious, and I could tell that they have never gone through this before in their whole life. I didn't do much but to understand how they felt. It was my first time too.

"Blaire Corrine Foster." I announced as the teens looked up at me smiling, before rushing past me and to the nursery.

I shook my head giggling. I followed slowly behind them but paused when I met Carlisle in the hall way. He had a little smile propped on his face. I adored it, very much.

"I apologized to your patients for you, and I releived you for the rest of the day." He whispered grinning.

"Thank you. What room will Ashley be moved to?" I asked.

"Room 321 I think." I nodded, smiling at Carlisle, before walking off and taking out my cell phone to call Billy.

"Hello?" A rusky voice answered.

"Billy? It's Lilia, I ahve great news!" I cheered into the phone.

"What's the news, kiddo?" He asked, I could hear a smile in forming from his voice.

"Ash had a baby girl earlier. Her name is Blaire, and she's the most beautiful baby that I have ever seen! You and Jake will have to come visit, because the doctors won't discharge Ash from the hospital for a few days." I smiled into the phone.

"Oh! How wonderful! I will certainly tell Jake, and I'm sure he'll come visit tomorrow some time after school."

"Great, thanks Billy." I said.

"No problem. Congratulate Ashley for me, hon, will ya?" He asked.

"Of course, bye Billy."

"Bye, Lilia." He said before we both hung up. I sighed, placing my phone back into my pocket and taking off to find Ashley.

Ten minutes later, the Cullen kids and I were sitting in room 321 together whispering back and forth to each other. It was Rosalie's turn to hold Blaire and it was funny to see them argue about who would hold her next. I was surprised when Carlisle had told me how able they were to control themselves. It was meerly an impression.

"Okay it's my turn." Emmett said gentley taking her from Rose.

"No! I want to hold her!" Rose whined, making a pouty face. Everyone laughed, never seeing this side of Rose before. She must have really wanted children.

"Rose, you and I will be shopping for her tomorrow, got it?" Alice insisted, beaming a bright, beautiful smile.

Rose nodded, also smiling. "Definitely!"

I laughed, "She is going to be so spoiled." I said giggling while Edward just shook his head with a wide smile across his face.

I looked down to my sleeping, very exhausted little sister. Gosh, how amazing this is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!

Please comment and subscribe? :D