Blessings and Nightmares

Twenty

"Ashley..." The wind blew through my ears, and I could have sworn I heard a woman's voice calling out my name. The voice sounded familiar but I wasn't so sure.

I looked around quickly to find myself in the middle of a forest. It seemed awfully peaceful and I couldn't help but twirl around as the wind blew through my hair. I looked down to see that I was barefoot, but in a lovely beige dress that went down to my knees.

I knew I was lost from the moment that I had gotten here, so I went searching around. I stumbled over knocked down branches and slipped in mud that had been rained on. I was surprised that I hadn't gotten any cuts from falling so much.

I sighed, continuing on my search to find somewhere that wasn't in the forest. The wind blew rapidly this time, almost knocking me down. And then I heard the same voice from before.

"Ashley...." I quickly turned around to see her. My mother, and my father. They were smiling at me, but it wasn't their smiles. It didn't reach their eyes, and my father's eyes always almost sparkled when he smiled. But this man's eyes didn't.

"M-mom? D-dad?" I stuttered, coming closer to them.

"Ashley, you look so beautiful." My mother said, smiling. I got closer to them and then I realized that they weren't my parents. They were, physically, but they weren't in any other way.

I gasped when I looked into my parent's eyes, both pairs a dark crimson color. I staggered back, falling backwards in the process. I wince in pain as a sharp stick slices my hand open. I observe my hand and watch as the blood deeps through slowly. The smell was horrible, like copper, and salt. Bitter.

Looking back over to my parents I see their eyes go wide at the sight of my blood. They come forward slowly, like an animal seeking out it's prey. I shook my head, tears suddenly falling from my eyes.

"You guys wouldn't do this..." I whispered, trying to back up, but failing miserably at it.

My father shook his head. "We aren't who, and what we used to me, Ash." He smiled lightly. I could almost make out the wetness in his mouth, from the look and smell of my blood.

"P - please don't, daddy." I whimpered as they crept forward. My mother cocked her head to the side, smiling.

"You pay him some sort of recognition, and not me?" She spat. I was confused, what did she mean?

"Mommy...?" I whispered, glancing into her eyes to see if that worked. It did. She smiled down at me, now right in front of me.

"I'm sorry, sweety." She gaped at my hand which I suddenly pulled behind my back. "This will only take a second." She murmered before her and my father leaped onto me and attacked.


I could hear myself screaming, and shaking vulnerably. I heard the gasps and sensed the tention in the room, though my eyes were closed and I was more concentrated on the nightmare that I had just had.

"Stop! Stop! Mommy, no!" I heard myself shriek. And then a high-pitched screech coming from my mouth. I felt cold hands, more than one pair, on me, trying to strain me down.

I could feel the wetness of my eyes, the sobs coming through my throat, and then more screaming and thrashing. I didn't know how long I had been at it when I heard a nurse yelling for help.

"She's crashing!" I heard a muffled voice. Everything was getting deeper, and i couldn't hear anything anymore. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't.

It felt like I had been out of my body, as I watched down at myself twitching, and screaming at moments. It all went in slow motion, just like what you see in horror films, where the insane scream and yell and go through an uncontrollably state. And then it all starts to slow down, on purpose, to show the watchers what that person feels like, and how that person is seeing things.

That's how it felt for me, everything going by slowly. Carlisle working around Edward and my sister, and a few other nurses, who had to hold me down. Then I saw Jacob, he was in the room, and he was next to my feet, holding them down so I wouldn't kick. A pained expression crossed his face, but it was not as worse as Edward's.

One glance at Edward and I could feel myself crashing, falling, breaking. He looked so heartbroken as he held me down. I knew he was trying not to break me, but also hold me still, and that must have been hard for him.

I heard Alice speak up, her eyes completely wide. "Carlisle, get the nurses out....Ashley won't be able to control her mind much longer." She whispered from the other side of the room, but Carlisle could hear perfectl fine.

"Excuse me." Carlisle looked over to the few nurses in the room. "We've got it from here, she'll stop soon enough." He nodded to them, them sadly smiled before walking out. "Shut and lock the door." He ordered Emmett who nodded firmly in response.

And then I figured, Alice was right. Two chairs from the right corner started to levitate in the air. They would soon go crazy and smash things in the room. How would Carlisle and the others explain that? Could I concentrate on pushing the chairs back down, when I'm out of my body?

I bit my lip, shrugging soon after and put all my concentration on the two chairs. I knew it wouldn't take long, so I squinted my eyes, staring deeply at the two chairs, picturing them back in their places. Then they dropped, maybe no in they right spots, but they dropped.

"How the-?" Emmett began, staring back at the two unmoving chairs, then to my body which was still thrashing.

"Edward calm her, she'll listen I have a feeling." Lilia spoke up for the first time since I began.

Edward gave her a confused look. "I can't do anything...." He whispered, pain on his face.

Lilia looked at him fervently. "I know, that deep down, she loves you. She will listen to you, Edward. Just try." She lightly smiled, then put her attention back on my writhing body.

Edward sighed, holding gently, but firm, my sweating, pale face into his hands. "Ashley, love. Please, listen to my voice. Come back into yourself, control yourself. Everything will be alright. Please, just come back..." He whispered, his voice cracking.

I felt myself coming back, tears running down my face instantly. A shock came through my body before I opened up my eyes and found Edward's amber brown eyes staring deeply into mine.

"Edward." I whispered. He smiled at me, kissing my tears away.

"That was....crazy." Emmett muttered. I hardly had a chance to look over at Emmett, but I caught a sad expression on his face, right before Rosalie glared at him and punched im in the arm.

I looked around. "That really happened?" I whispered, feeling disgusted at my dry voice. The ones in the room gave me a weird look. I rolled my eyes, "I watched it all, a - and I was uncontrollable.. But I controlled those chairs from flying everywhere. I was out of my body, or something. It was...weird." I trailed, babbling on.

"Shh." Edward kissed my forehead. "It's okay, Ashley. You're fine now." He smiled sadly at me. All I could do was try to smile back, but it had turned out to be a small grimace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jeez, this was a good chapter, to me. xD

Tell me what you think, please! :D Comment&Subscribe!

Lilia should update soon, I'm not sure... She is pending time with her friends for her birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILIA! :D