Blessings and Nightmares

Little Dinner

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Lilia had left not too long ago and I was already worrying. I didn't know why exactally I was worrying, but something deep in the pit of my stomach told me so. I turned my body over so my face was into Edward's chest.

"What's wrong, Ashley?" He asked, concerned.

I shrugged into his arms, "Just worrying about Lilia. I mean, you heard us earlier. Only when she went off to college, we had parents." I blinked my eyes, keeping them closed to tears wouldn't fall.

Edward's cold hands lifted my face gently, and I had no choice but to look at him. "You really shouldn't think like that, Ashley. She is going to be fine, Carlisle is uh -"

I cocked my head to the side, now curious at his pause. "Carlisle is what, Edward?"

He sighed and shook his head. "He's just going to keep a close eye on here, just to make sure that she is safe. He's going tonight just to check, then he'll be back - if he isn't worried, which I'm sure he won't be."

I nodded, "Oh, alright." Pulling myself up a groan escaped my lips, leading me to wince in soreness. Edward's arms went around me carefully but securely.

"Love, are you alright?"

I nodded as Edward pulled me up from the bed. "Yeah, I'm fine. Still - sore." I tried to smile up at him, but it awkwardly came out as a grimace. Edward rolled his eyes and looked over to the door. "What?" I asked.

"You'll see in three seconds." He said simply. Three seconds later, Alice barged her way in, skipping over to my side with a huge smile on her face.

"What?" I asked skeptically.

"Well, you need to come to my room, missy." Pulling my arm and carefull dragged me out of Edward's room and in hers. She leaped right over to her closet and pulled out a gorgeous red dress completed with accessories galore.

"What's this for?" I asked, fingering the fabric between my hands.

"Well, Rosalie and I came up with a little something, and - well don't be upset because I'm not sure what your take is on dates - we've set you and Edward up outside under the beautiful stars." Alice apoke all - too quickly, clamping her eyes shut as if waiting to be hit.

I smiled and grabbed her in a hug, which brought her by surprise. "That's really sweet of you guys, thanks. Does Edward know?"

Alice smirked, "He knew about it all along. It's not like he couldn't know, ya know?" She pointed to her temple, I mouthed an 'ooh' and nodded. "Yes, so get dressed quickly!"

"Wait, what about Blaire?" I asked.

Alice waved me off, "She has Rose and I for the night. We are going to give her the best make-over ever! Even though she is already too beautiful for a baby." I smiled and kissed Alice on the cheek, just before she left.

I pulled on my outfit quickly, then looked at myself in Alice's full-length mirror. My body actually looked nice, after it being stretched out for eight and a half months. I had to admit I looked alright, but it wasn't enough to thrill me. I sighed and took my chances and walked out to the hallway to find Alice smirking.

"Hot. Stuff." She giggled, towing me down the stairs.

"Thanks." I mumbled, feeling my cheeks become hot, and probably very red. "You guys already have this set up?" I asked, astonished.

Alice giggled and brought me over to the outside doors, "Of course, silly! No go and shake what your momma -" Her face dropped and she covered her mouth.

I tried not to flinch and just shrugged it off. "It's okay." I said before opening up the door and walking out to a beautiful moonlit dinner. Edward stood right there, smiling adoringly at me. I smiled up at him as he reached down to kiss me lightly.

"You look beautiful. No - there isn't even a word to describe you." He said, pulling a chair out for me.

I bit my lip as I watched him sit himself downa cross from me. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"Ashley, what's wrong?" I looked into his eyes, I watched as worry washed over his face.

I shrugged, and took a long sip of my water. "It's nothing, Edward. This is just, amazing." I lied. Well, this was amazing, but I was just lying about nothing be wrong because there was something wrong. The feeling in my stomach, and just the look that I'd given myself in the mirror.

Edward sighed and watched me as I ate a marvelous dinner that Rosalie had prepared. Though I couldn't tell you what it was that she made, it was extremely delicious. And the whole time I ate, Edward watched me in amazment. He was so intruguid with me that when I took another sip of my water, I couldn't help but to spit it out and start laughing.

He gave me a confused look, "What are you laughing at, love?"

I tried to stifle my giggles but nothing was seeming to work. I shook my head as I giggled, "Oh, nothing Edward. You just - you amaze me." I said seriously, looking deeply into Edward's golden eyes.

A smile crept on his face, making my heart beat faster. Edward and I got up from the table after I was done and walked back into the house. The house was quiet except for Jasper and Emmett's bickering over who would play with Blaire first. I laughed quietly at their childish antics.

Edward grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs and into his room. He layed me down and began to kiss me gently. At first the kiss was just soft, and meaningful. Then it became much more passionate and quick, making me pull my hands through his touseled bronze hair. His hands glided onto my hips and held me in place. Our lips molded together perfectly, and this moment was perfect.

Until I pulled away. Flashes of before came behind my lids, horrible ones. Now I felt disgusted. "I'm sorry." I mumbled, pulling myself into a sitting position.

"Don't be, I - I read your thoughts even though I know that's not right. I understand if we went a bit too far." Edward kissed my lips lightly, then kissed my cheek.

I shrugged, "It's alright. I need to go feed Blaire," I pulled myself up and walked to the door. I turned around and smiled at Edward. "You coming, love?" He chuckled and followed me downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, got an update.
Hopefully you guys like it. :D

Tell me how you liked the new movie, Eclipse? If you saw it, I mean.
It was the best one so far, and the first two were amazing to me. I cried, a lot, when watching Eclipse. I've seen it twice already. :D

<3
xx Ashley.