Blessings and Nightmares

Twenty Eight

I sighed, rocking Blaire in my arms. Something wasn't right, I knew it. Carlisle and the others were zooming around the house, trying to figure out what in the world was going on.

I, on the other hand, was trying to stay calm for my daughter's sake. She'd been fussing all day when I freaked out at Alice about what she saw and what was going on with my sister.

Edward would step in the franchise to assist Carlisle when he needed it most. But other than that, he'd stayed by my side and told me to stay calm, reassuring me that Lilia was going to be alright.

Carlisle loved her, I knew that from the very beginning. Edward had also known it from his thoughts - though he hated to eavesdrop in Carlisle's head. He'd told me how much he truely cared for my sister, and how deeply in love he had fallen for her the day they met. I smiled at the thought - my sister finally finding the perfect one.

After I'd put Blaire to sleep in the cradle next to the couch, Edward and I had snuck off into his room for some time alone. It wasn't much time that we had, and it wasn't for anything but strict talking. He didn't like what I had to say, but I somehow had to get him to give in.

I chewed on my bottom lip as I looked up at him. "I still think we should call Paul and the rest of them."

"No," he'd said again, a strict voice on the spot. Why he wasn't giving in, I hadn't the clue. I mean, Lilia was my sister, and Paul and her had something before, he'd have to help somehow.

"Why not?" My voice was hardly a whine, but it sounded so.

Edward sighed as he ran his smooth pale fingers in his tousled bronze hair. "Because there is no reason that the pack should be involved, Ashley."

I scoffed, "They have every right, Edward! Paul loves Lilia with everything in him. Even iif they were past time sweethearts and now just close friends, I think he should at least be involved - which concludes that -"

"Everyone else should, too." He finished for me. He released a sigh, a small smile spreading across his face as I batted my long lashes and popped out my bottom lip. "You make things so much harder, Ashley." He whispered.

"I know," I gave him a toothy grin before reaching onto my tip-toes and embracing Edward in a passionate and long kiss. He, sadly, pulled away first - to my dismay. "Fun sucker." I mumbled.

"What was that?" He raised an eyebrow, a small smirk appearing on his face. I slowly backed away, a small blush creeping onto my face.

"I know this isn't the time, but it's just too fun," I smiled.

He shook his head, "No, what did you call me before, Miss Ashley?"

I stifled a laugh, my hand now on the doorknob, "I called you a fun sucker." I giggled. Suddenly a screamed erupted from my mouth as I began to run down the hall and quickly down the stairs. Edward - as humanly as possible ran after me, sweeping me off my feet and pushing me onto the couch seconds later.

I stared into his eyes for moments at a time, not caring who was watching. Until Emmett ruined our fun, "Yeah no sex in here please. Uh - Edward, Carlisle wants to speak with you." I grimaced, sitting myself normally on the couch.

Edward walked out and came back within minutes a small smile on his lips. "What'd he need you for?"

"Seems like someone already contacted the dogs." I felt like smacking Edward in the arm for saying such a thing, but then decided against breaking my hand.

"Who?" I asked as I chewed on my bottom lip. Edward's head gestured over to Alice, who's face was in a small embarrassed expression. "I love you Alice,"

"I know," She chimed. Her face dropped seconds later, "I hated doing it though - they're hear, but in the back yard. All of them except for Paul and Jacob are phased."

I smiled as Jacob and Paul - the only ones without fur on their skin, walk into the Cullen household. I knew they didn't like being here, but they weren't doing it for themselves, they were doing it for Lilia and myself.

Taking only two strides on Jacob's part, and a few feet of my own, I found myself wrapped in Jacob's warm arms. He smelled strongly of pine and had a hint of a woodsy scent to him. I smiled into the hug before looking up at him.

"Thanks for coming, Jake." He smiled down, kissing my forehead - which earned a low growl from Edward.

"We'll always be here for you and your sister, Ash." He grinned. Before I knew long enough to compose myself, I was pulled out of Jacob's arm's and put into another pair's.

"Hiya, Paul." I grinned up at him. He gave me a small smile, he was really worried about Lilia, I could tell. "We'll find her, Paul." He nodded once before letting me go.

A small cry then came from the cradle and I let out a small groan of aggrivation. I didn't know why Seth wasn't around to see her - I mean, I knew he was in his phased postion, but still, she's his imprint am I right?

"Don't worry about it, love." Edward said slowly. I gave him a nod before walking over and taking Blaire out of the crib. I 'shh'd her long enough so that soon she was sleeping in my arms. I didn't want to put her back, in fear that she'd start to cry all over again. But sadly I had to, I needed to talk about finding my sister.

"So why did we have to be called down here?" Jacob spoke in his beta voice. I cracked him a smile, he'd be a great Alpha if he really wanted.

"Lilia is -" I inhaled, I couldn't cry now. "Someone has taken her - vampire wise." I whispered the last part. I flinched away as Paul sucked in a hard breath, his body began to shake.

"Paul! Not here -!" Jacob only had time for a small warning before Paul had phased from his anger running loose. Edward grabbed me softly but securely and pulled my out of the way and into the arms of Rosalie and Emmett.

Jacob sighed, and reluctantly apologized. "It's alright, Jacob. We just need to ask for your permission to cross - but only if that's nessessary." Carlisle informed. The boys looked back at the black wolf who was in the middle standing outside. Jacob turned back and gave us a firm nod, thankfully. "Thank you," Carlisle nodded.

"So is that all you needed, Doc?" Jake asked.

Carlisle shook his head, "No, I'm afraid that we need to ask if you'd kindly watch around here - Jacob could keep an eye on Ashley and Blaire while the rest of us go in search for Lilia."

I gasped, "What? No! I'm not letting all of you risk yourselves - "

"Nothing will happen to us, Ashley. Don't worry," Edward's calm voice soothed me instantly, I nodded in contentment.

"So, as I was saying before," Carlisle began, "would you mind patrolling not only in La Push, but here as well?"

Jake nodded, "Yeah we'll do that. Sam understands completely - he loves Lilia like she was his sister, and same goes for Ashley." Carlisle nodded again before telling us that he and the rest of them would be leaving shortly.

I pulled Edward back, "You're leaving already?"

He nodded, a small frown covering his lips, "I'm afraid so, love. But I'll be back before you know it - with Lilia, too." He kissed my forehead, and then my cheek, and then our lips were attached, and our kisses became urgent and quick, but passionate non the less.

"Okay - ew?" Jacob gagged, shaking his head as he plopped a spot down on the couch. I felt a warm blush creep onto my face and looked up at Edward. I kissed him once more.

"I love you," I whispered.

"As I love you," He answered back, all before Carlisle and him gettnig a head start. I bid my goodbyes to the rest of the Cullen's and waved to the wolves who nodded back at me before everyone was gone, and it was only Jacob and I - along with a sleeping Blaire.

I sighed, dropping myself on the couch and curling up to Jacob, who was currently flipping through channels. "I'm scared, Jake."

He chuckled, I could feel it vibrate through his body. "Ash, there is nothing to be scared about. They'll be back soon - hopefully, with your sister and everything will be alright." I curled myself tightly in a ball in Jacob's arms.

"If you say so." I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, short I guess.

Haha sorry there hasn't been an update in awhile.
I've been working on my Jacob Black stories. :3

But here it is! Comments make us smile!
:D

<3
Likin' the layout. xD