Blessings and Nightmares

Four.

Lilia's pov

I walked into Forks Hospital feeling confident in my black pencil skirt and a black Intarsia white bow top with silver ballet flats and of course the necklace that Father had bought me for my graduation from college. The word 'love' is the pendent. My long dark chocolate hair was up in a half pony tail.

Yup I was ready for anything....That is until I walked into the head doctor's office and couldn't stop staring at his beauty. He had pale blond hair, creamy smooth almost white skin and bright carmel eye that melted my heart on the spot. Breath. I told myself. as only seconds went by before he broke the silent small room.

"Hi you must be Lilia Foster nice to meet you." He said standing from his desk and holing out his hand to shake mine. I shook it now nervous with my confidence total smashed to pieces also taking full notice that his hand was freezing cold. "I'm Doctor Carlisle Cullen." Carlisle paused sitting back in his seat and folding his hands together. "I understand that you have just graduated college and received your bachelors degree....Am I correct Miss Foster?"

I nodded nervously and took a seat in a chair that was in front of his desk.

Carlisle chuckled slightly opening my file along with my resimay. "Theres no need to be nervous I don't bite." (humans)

It was my turn to giggle slightly. "Well aren't we all nervous at our first job interview that will make or break our career?" I asked knowing that I was mostly right.

He nodded smiling before his eyes met mine. "Well that's true but you should be happy since....You got the job." He replayed after a dramatic pause.

I squealed jumping up from my chair and practical ran behind the desk giving Carlisle a hug. "Oh my gosh, thank you so much." I squealed happily then completely froze where I stood. I leaped back away from him now looking nervous again and started to walk out of the room.

"Your office will be right across the half from mine if you want to get settled...." He now whispered. I nodded turning the door knob before he asked. "Would it be ok if we talked in your office at lunch? I need to talk to you about something....Think of me as your first patient."

I smiled turning back to him slightly and nodded, now wondering what was wrong with him.

(Carlisle's pov)

I sighed when Lilia walked out of the room, but alas, her sweet almond sent still lingered in my office as if relaxing my nerves.

'Hopfully she'll be able to help me with the loss.' I thought as I stood up from my desk having to go to see other patients.

~~~Lunch time~~~

(Lilia's pov)

Carlisle and I walked to lunch together then returned to my furniture less office. We decided to sit in the floor against the wall.

"So what was it you wanted to talk about?" I asked unsure what kind of mood the conversation would set.

"Well I need to talk to someone about my deceased wife....She passed away not too long ago." He whispered starting down at his food.

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry to hear that...May I ask how she died?" I asked not feeling hunger anymore and now thinking of my own parents...

"She died in a tragic car accident, police couldn't even tell it was her since her car had burst into flames."

I layed my hand lightly on his shoulder trying to confort him. "My parents died a few months ago while they were vacationing in Ireland. The strange thing was that....they were completely drained of blood." I whispered just as quietly as a silence came between us. But was shortly broken by me this time. "Do you have any children?" I asked kinda randomly but I felt like I needed to get to know him.

"Yes, I have 5 but they're all adopted. Theres Alice and Jasper who are a couple, Emmett and Rosalie whom are also a couple and then Edward." He explained sighing softly. "Do you have any?"

I giggled slightly. "No but I do have a 16 year old sister that I now have to take care of....She's also pregnant." I couldn't help but smile when thinking of my niece, Boo.

Carlisle nodded before checking the time on his watch then stood up. "Lunch is over, time to head back."

I stood up as well following him to the lunch room. "We'll talk more about it tomorrow at lunch." I said as we walked back to our offices, knowing that Carlisle knew exactly what I was talking about.

I didn't hear him reply because then I heard a whimpering noise and turned around to see what it was only to see Ashley being carried by a young 17 year old.

"Ash? What happened?!" I screamed petrified at the sight of my sister.

"Stomach pains, or something." Said the young man carrying her.

"Carlisle, let's get her checked into a room." I said trying my best to calm down but still panicked.

"Edward, take her to room 215, I'll go get my supplies." Carlisle said as calm as ever before turning to me with a slight smile. "Please go with, and set up anything that is needed."

With that Edward got her into room 215 and thankfully there was nothing that needed setting up. Carlisle then came in with an ultra sound machine but i wasn't really paying attion to him all that was rush through my mind at the moment were questions about what could have happened to Ash.

Ashley shook suddenly opening her eyes. "Ash? You okay?" I asked concerned she nodded her head slightly before laying her head back.

"Alright, let's see what's going on..." Carlisle said trailing off.

"Boo's gonna be okay, I promise." I said comfortingly seeing the fear in her eyes.

Edward and Carlisle looked at me with confused. I sighed, "Nick name for the baby. Long story short, I used to scare Ash when she was younger. So, yeah." I smiled at Carlisle, who just nodded, turning back to the screen.

"Well," He took off the sonar, wiping the excess gel from Ashley's stomach. "Boo is perfectly fine and healthy. She's just wanting to come out sooner than the due date. How many months along are you?"

"She'll be eight months in two days." I said after getting a frantic look from Ash.

Nodding, Carlisle spoke again. "Well, she's being a fiesty one. Try to keep as much stress out of your mind, if that's possible. We'll make an appointment for a check up in a few weeks." With that, he smiled at me and turned to leave the room.

I sighed, "Ugh." Ashley looked at me confused. I shook my head. "Nothing. I'll tell you at home." Ashley then turned toward Edward who was smirking.

"Edward? Would you mind taking her back to our apartment? I won't be home til later on tonight." I asked with a kind smile.

"Of course. Directions?" He asked. I quickly wrote down the directions for him then kissed Ashley's head before completely leaving the room.

I walked back to my office thinking of a way that I could make the space a little more homey-er...
♠ ♠ ♠
Lilia's Outfit