Blessings and Nightmares

Six

It may have been a week that passed, not that I have noticed. I was too caught up in my work to notice a lot. I had made plaenty of colleague friends over the time I have been here. Ashley was doing fine, but she said something was off about Edward. She said she felt something towards him, and she didn't know why.

I didn't know why she was telling me this, because I thought she had been done with guys. But maybe Mister Cullen is a different story. Oh, but so is Carlisle. It was also weird to feel a slight pull towards him, but I tried to ignore it. After all, he wa the Chief of the hospital, and I'm sure it wouldn't be right to feel something towards him.

But what made me more interested was the day a friendly doctor, Doctor Cheney, had done something unthinkable, to me. With this, it got Carlisle set in a mood that would shock anyone to see him in. As in, he is the calm, smart, nice doctor that is favored by any and every patient that comes through the hospital doors. He set off a perfect charm, which made the lady nurses go wild, and squeal behind closed doors - when he wasn't around to see how gushy they were getting.

But I guess it was different for Carlisle, and for me.

I looked through some charts of a few of my patients when Doctor Cheney had come in through the back, a smile on his face, and two coffees in his hands. He walked over to me, setting one cup next to me.

Looking up, I smiled. "Thank you, Richard, this is so nice of you." I wanted to be polite, but it was hard when this doctor just wasn't all that attractive. I know, how horrible of me. But i had my eyes set on someone else...

"Lilia, I was um wondering if you wanted to maybe go out? Tonight....with me?" He shook a little, showing how nervous he was.

I looked around, seeing if anyone was looking over, watching this whole propose for a date. My eyes landed on his golden eyes. My gaze wouldn't end from his, until he looked down. I did too, to see his hands in tight, bulging fists. His slightly shook in what seemed like anger, or even jealousy...

What he jealous?

I bit my lip, thinking about my answer. Richard was very nice, and had a heart, but I guess I didn't have one enough to say yes or no. To even answer him. But just before I could even speak, Carlisle had come up to interrupt.

"Sorry to intrude on your proposal here, but I guess I overheard..." He smiled down at me. I loved his smile.

"Wait, I'm sorry, Doctor Cullen; I'm confused." Richard said, confusion written all over his face.

Carlisle smiled slightly, "Well, I'm sorry to...eh bust your bubble, but I had already bugged Lilia earlier about a date with me. To which, she had spoken yes." Carlisel tried not to smirk, and had almost failed.

Richard's face face, as his his head. "Oh, okay. Sorry for the bother." He walked away, head hung low.

I turned to Carlisle with a deep expression. "What?" I choked out.

"You and I, will go out together. Sorry for the bother, but he isn't your type." He smirked again, flashing his brilliant smile.

"Oh? And what exactally is my type?" I questioned, bidding myself not to smile.

"Oh, a certain pale, blonde-haired doctor with a name used so long ago." He mused.

I nodded. "Ahh, well I guess I should go find Doctor Garrison..." I joked, but his face was full of shock.

Shaking his head, and grabbed my arm lightly. "No no you silly thing. Me, I would like for you and I to go out, maybe tonight. And Lenny Garrison, is absurdly not a long-termed name used from back then." He chuckled, getting closer to me.

I smiled back, biting my lip."So, tonight?" I asked, grinning awkwardly.

Carlisle stood there and thought for a few seconds before grinning. "Yes, tonight. At my home, and bring your sister.... Edward never stops talking about her, so we could have sort of, a double date. That's what you call them, am I correct?"

I laughed, "Yes, that is. And I'll bring her, I'm sure she's got a thing for Edward as well." Smiling, Carlisle gracefully placed his hand on mine.

"What are you going to be in the mood for? Food wise." He asked, looking into my eyes.

"You're a good cook, right?" I asked skeptically, unsure on this man's perfectness including good cooking.

"Fairly well, yes. I will have Rosalie and Alice help me out. I'm sure they won't be able to wait to meet you and Ashley." He smiled.

"Well, Ash and I favor over Chinese, mostly" I inferred.

"I'm sure we could do that, I have made it once before." He smiled, bemused.

"Great, so we'll see you guys around six-ish?" I asked, biting my lip in comtemplation.

"Yes, see you then. As for right now, we were talking about malfunctions in the heart." He chuckled, hinting to me that we should be working, not flirting our heads off.

"Ahh, yes. We were. See you," I said as he turned around to get back to work.

I smiled at myself, and held in a squeal of excitement. I never thought he'd be interested in me, let alone anyone. He was too beautiful for anyone, actually. I had a sweet feeling inside me that tonight was going to be great, and I'm sure Ashley would flip out. Maybe.

~*~*~*~

"You what?!" She shrieked at me when I broke the news to her about our double date.

"I got us dates with Carlisle and Edward tonight. At their house, with Chinese food." I repeated, slowly for her to let in.

"Ugh." She groaned. "I can't go there, looking like this." She gestured her hand over her stomach.

"Carlisle told me Edward doesn't stop talking about you, so HA!" I bursted out, trying to slightly change some subject to positive manner.

Ash rolled her eyes, "Fine, but the food better be good." She said quietly, returning back to her small, inclosed-self that she was.

I went into her closet and picked out a cute outfit for her to wear. "Here, where this. It's acceptable." I smirked, throwing the outfit on her bed.

"Oh get out so I can get ready, would you?" She grumbled.

"Yes, sir." I saluted her. She glared at me, "I mean, ma'am..." I corrected, walking out the door, smirking.

Tonight was going to be great, I could feel it. And I was sure Ash would fall for Edward, just as hard as I think I was falling for Carlisle Cullen.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I had to write this 'cause Lilia is busy. But tell me whatcha think. I'll get started on the next chapter as soon as I can. It'll either be in Ashley's POV, or No one's POV, and just be like, a thrid person thing, kay?

WE LIKEY COMMENTS&SUBCRIBERS. :3

Meeep. xD