Blessings and Nightmares

Eight

(Ok hopefully this is the last time I have to edit and I also added a few things...please comment...)

Lilia's pov

I watched as Edward sweetly led Ashley upstairs to what I thought to his room. I smiled turning back to Carlisle.

"Your cooking is surprisingly amazing." I said grinning almost goofly.

He chuckled looking down for a moment. "Well I have to give credit to my two lovely daughters I couldn't have done it with out them."

"Well you'll have to give them my gratitude." I smiled.

He lightly shook his head. "Would you like to go to my office to talk and have coffee?"

"That would be nice." I spoke biting my lip softly. We stood up from our places and I followed Carlisle into the kitchen. When we walked into the kitchen it was huge and the house it's self was big and beautiful. "Wow...." I trailed off trying to take it in.

Carlisle chuckled again. "Beautiful?" He asked smiling in my direcation while getting two mugs out of a cabinet.

"Everything is. Mom had always dreamed of a house like this. Now I can see why." There was a short silence as Carlisle poured the coffee into each mug.

"Do you take anything in your coffee?"

"Um cream and sugar if you have any but I'll fix it myself if you get it for me." I smiled stepping over now standing beside him.

He walked around before coming back beside me and setting the vanilla cream and sugar on the contour. "Thank you. But now I need a spoon." I giggled smiling up at him.

He chuckled again but reach over and grabbed a spoon. I fixed my coffee quickly and grabbed both cups. Carlisle at first held his hand out for his mug but I just shook my head and smiled before Carlisle rolled his eyes and led me up stairs.

His office was amazing it was decorated with antique fixtures and some doctor equipment with some of it from centuries ago.

"Wow....Where were you able to find all these antiques?" I asked looking at a few paintings.

He smiled taking a seat in a chair that was in front of his desk. "Well my father had some stuff that had passed down to me, but I collected most of it over the years."

"Have you ever felt like you were born in the wrong time period?" I asked turning back to him with an inquisitive look taking a sip of my warm coffee before taking a seat in the chair beside Carlisle.

"No I never really thought about it...Why what do you think?" Carlisle asked almost puzzled.

"Well I have always found interest in the 17th century...." I paused thinking about why I like it, but knowing that there wasn't really even a reason.

"Really why is that?" Carlisle voiced a little shocked.

"Well It was simple then, people had more to do but were not stressed about rumors or bills. They were family oriented and stood together. People are so distant from each other now and you can't trust hardly anyone. I mean sure, you had to worry about crops and things to survive and it's more relaxed now, but people are getting lazy and selfish....Am I making any sense?" I asked staring into his eyes as he stared back at mine.

"Yes, you made perfect sense. But women had no rights then and men had control for centuries. If you were to live back then you would not have free speech and you would be a slave of sort to your husband." Carlisle explained still a bit shocked.

"Yes, that's true. But not all men are like that." I said leaning back in my chair and staring out the dark window. From there a silence had taken over us and it was peaceful so I just sipped my coffee before Carlisle broke it.

"So what was your childhood like?"

"It was good. We lived here in Forks up until a few months after mom gave birth to Ashley then dad moved us to Colorado. While going to high school I joined the Gymnastics team and found interest in phyciatrics after my friends would come to me for advice." I explained shortly.

"So hows life living with a pregnant teen?" Carlisle asked with a kind smile.

I smiled back looking back into his eyes. "It's not bad. Actually quite exciting. How's life living with five teenagers?"

He chuckled. "Exciting."

We then decided to go down stairs and talk to the family a little. Everyone was in the living room except Ashley and Edward, so I felt a little intimidated with them all. But then I strangely felt a calm feel come over me and I took comfort in it. I took a seat on the couch and Carlisle took the seat next to me.

"There you guys are. We were about to all sit down and talk for awhile." Carlisle smiled as Edward and Ashley came down stairs, Ashley took the seat on my other side with Edward on her other side.

"Well, Lilia, you already know Edward, and Alice. This here, is Jasper, Rose, and Emmett." Carlisle introduced. I smiled unsure of what to say and I couldn't help to feel nervous.

There was an awkward silence for awhile but was suddenly broken by Alice and her cute, high pitched voice.

"Ashley! I love that ring! Where did you get that, I totally want one!" She asked, bouncing lightly on the couch.

Ashley put a hand on her chest as if to calm the pain that was in her chest.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, Ashley. What did I do?" She asked frantically.

"Um, that was our mother's engagement ring. She gave it to Ashley before they went on their vacation..." I trailed off, knowing how hard Ash had been taking their loss.

"I'm so sorry, Ashley. Really, I'm super sorry!" Alice spoke worry and guiltiness in her voice. I knew Ashley probable felt guilty now, but she cant control her emotions.

"What exactly happened...?" Alice whispered to me but I knew that Ash could hear it. But I went a head and told them how they died anyway knowing Ash and I had to talk about it sooner or later.

I cleared my voice before explaining. " They were attacked by some animal in Ireland. It was quite horrible, and odd because they were drained of all of their blood." I said a little to simply.

I heard Ashley groan and before I knew it vases were smashing against the wall. I felt Carlisle instinctually cover me with his body. I then heard Ash's shrieking.

"Make it stop! Lilia, make it stop!" Ashley yelled in pain. I could hear the tears in her voice.

"What's going on?! Why are things be thrown, with no one even doing such a thing?!" Jasper said for the first time.

"We'll have to explain another time, I need to stop her before she does worse." I explained trying to find the pressure point in her neck.

I could hear her breathing start to rush. Ashley was heaving harshly. She grasped onto the furniture underneath her. I knew she was having a panic attack, another one. Thinking about it made it worse. It wouldn't stop. It never would, and I feared for the life of my niece catching on to what could be passed down. I had learned from experience that I would half to try and calm her down or knock her out before it got worse.

"Ashley, Ashley. Listen to my voice, calm down, you can do it." Edward whispered into her ear, his hand on her back. He was trying to help.

"Lilia, what are you doing?" Carlisle asked. I pressed my hand into her shoulder, pressing two of my fingers into Ashley's pressure point spot.

"I'm stopping her attack." I said simply as Ashley calmly fell a sleep and a few things that were in the air now fell to the floor. I sighed closing my eyes and taking my seat back on the couch next to Carlisle.

"How....How did you do that?" Emmett whispered in a deep voice.

"Pressure point in the neck, she is now peacefully asleep." I whispered. Thinking about whether to leave or not. It would be rude to ask to stay here, but I know I can't just lift her up and lay her in bed. I sighed again mentally praying that one of them would ask us to stay.

"Um Lilia would you like to stay the night?" Edward spoke breaking the silence.

I opened my eyes to look at him then turned to Carlisle silently asking if it was ok.

"Of course you can stay." He said smiling gently.

"Thank you so much." I again whispered.

"I'll go and get you both some pajamas." Alice said followed by Jasper.

"Edward can you take her to the room we'll be staying in? I want to be there when she wakes up." I asked. He nodded getting up from the floor then picked her up off the couch and caring her up stairs. I followed him planning to change Ashley in to the pajamas that Alice would give us.

Edward led me to a light beige colored room that had a queen sized bed against the window/wall that was across from the door. I could tell that people hardly come here so I took as the guest bedroom. (Carlisle's room)

Alice came in after Eward had gently layed Ashley down on the bed. Alice then set two folded sets of pajamas on the bottom corner of the bed.

"Thanks to both of you and I hope it doesn't bother you by us staying here." I whispered smiling kindly.

They nodded and walked out of the room so I could change and fall asleep.

(Carlisle's pov)

Edward and Alice had walked down stairs and so now we were all sitting in the living room.

"So what do you think of Lilia?" I asked truly wanting to know there opinion. "I mean I know you heard us talking upstairs and I would like to know my children's opinion."

"Carlisle she is sweet, funny, and smart. But are you sure this is what you want?" Edward asked voicing all their thoughts at once.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/blessings_nightmares/set?id=19478798

the yellow is Lilia's and the Garfield is Ashley's^_^ please comment...