One Day in Your Life

Let It Out.

Today was the day. I was nervous as hell about seeing Gavin. I was beginning to tell Michael that I wasn't going, but then I realized that I was finally coming clean about things so why not get it over with.

Early morning, Michael and I packed our bags. All three of us had at least 5 huge luggage's each. It was going to be a really long trip, but before I got all excited about traveling the world I had to do this.

As Michael and his security guards loaded the limo I got Prince ready for Michael to buckle him up in his seat.

"You ready, babe?" He asked.

"Yeah, just let me go to the restroom real quick."

"I'll see you in the car.'

Quickly, I ran to get what I needed. Opening my bag, I shoved them in and ran to the car.

Michael made small talk on our way over to Gavin's house. He was nervous.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go?"

"I'll be fine Michael."

The car soon came to a stop in a small alley behind Gavin's home. I walked over to the front door and rang the doorbell. Part of me wished he wouldn't be home. Just my luck, he answered the door.

He gave me a close look. "Cassidy?"

I gave a small smile and he pulled me into a tight hug without hesitation.

I slowly pushed him away," Please don't Gavin."

He pulled me inside. His house was still the same as always. He had pictures of me and him on top of the fireplace and coffee tables.

"Where have you been? I've been worried sick about you. It's been a year."

All those questions got me irritated. I wanted to get it over with.

"Gavin, I don't have much time to be here. I have to go soon. Just look at this."

I pulled out the scrapbook from my bag and handed it to him.

He gave me a confused look and opened it. I heard inhale. He was mad.

"So, this is what you do? Run off with some douche bag and don't even call to let me know you wanted out? Instead you have me here worrying, getting no sleep? I would give my life for you an this is how you repay me?"

He had only gotten passed the first page. Suddenly he threw the scrapbook on the floor and the pages flipped to the last picture. I was in the hospital bed with Prince in my arms and Michael stared down at him smiling.

"You have a fucking son?"

"Yes, Gavin."

"I can't fucking believe I wasted time on you. "

His words hurt, but I deserved them.

"Just leave and don't ever talk to me again." He walked up the stairs and I heard his bedroom door slam shut.

I shoved my scrapbook in my bag. There was a notebook and pen on the table and I quickly scribbled 'I'm sorry' on it, pulling off the necklace from my neck and placing it on the paper.

I didn't want to be in there anymore. I knew I had just lost a friend but it was time to start off new.

"How'd it go?" He asked as I got in.

"I'll tell you later, Hun."

Our next stop was my parents house. We said our goodbyes to them and we were on the road by 10 p.m.

This was the beginning of our new life.