One Day in Your Life

Enough.

Today was the day that my band had officially been together for five years. Today was the day that I had realized that I've had enough. I couldn't stand not having any privacy, not being able to walk on the streets without getting followed. I couldn't stand the media. I've said it once and I'll say it again.

I've had enough.

As we finished the encore, I looked out into the crowd of screaming fans. I took a good look at each and everyone of them knowing that I was soon to disappoint them. Tonight was the end of the tour and the end of this band.

I loved our fans. Honestly, I do, but I just can't stand the pressure anymore. Not one person knew how I felt about how I was feeling. Not even the band. To them and the world I was known as Cassidy Davis, The always happy troublemaker.

I gave the crowd one last smile, "I love you guys." They cheered and I could start to feel my eyes water as I walked off the stage.

I walked into the dressing room, my band following close behind.

I sat on the couch sighing as Jordan, our guitarist, sat next to me.

"What's wrong doll?" He asked as I sighed once again.
"I need to talk to you guys." I responded quietly.
"Alright guys! Band meeting!" He snickered.

I could almost cry from thinking that maybe they didn't want this to end.

"5 years." I laughed lightly as the guys cheered.
"This band started off as a joke and now look how far we've come." I continued.

Suddenly I broke, "I can't take this anymore!"

The band got silent and looked down at their feet.

Our drummer, Matt, hugged me then pulled away.

"So, this is the end, huh?" He asked
I nodded slowly, the tears still rolling down my cheeks.
Surprisingly he said something that made me sigh in relief.
"As much as I love this band, I really can't take it any longer either."

Jordan and Gavin were upset but accepted that we can no longer go on as a band.

"Band or no band, you guys will always be like brothers to me."

And with that, Our band was over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally back at home I felt relieved. It was finally time to kick back and relax.

I turned on the t.v. to see none other then my own face.
"Cassidy Davis apparently called it quits after numerous fights with their bassist Gavin."

I couldn't believe how incredibly stupid these people were. They really need to get their fucking facts straight.

I sighed, turning off the t.v. and going upstairs to change into something more comfortable.
I went back downstairs into the dance studio my mom had gotten when I was young.

I stretched and put on a mix CD of Michael Jackson into the radio.

I heard the beat of 'Billie Jean' start & I instantly began dancing.

I didn't realize how long I was down there dancing until I turned and saw my dad at the door.

"You still know how to dance," He smiled. "Your mothers calling for dinner." He turned and walked out.

My mother and father have always been there for me. They gave great advice and were extremely supportive of my choices no matter what. they are the best. I danced to one more song and then went up stairs to meet my parents for dinner.

That night as I laid in bed, I dreamed of dancing for Michael Jackson. It's been a dream that I wish would come true for so long, but it seems it would never happen.

If only, I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter what do you think?