One Day in Your Life

Getting Away.

I was embaressed with myself. Everything happened too fast. I didn't regret being with Michael but I didn't want this to happen. Not this way.

Two months ago I found out I was pregnant. Gavin calls me everyday, Michael and I are also doing well. I haven't told Michael about what happened.

He would hate me if I just came up to him and said "I'm carrying your child in me."

I love Michael but I don't want to put his career to a stop. He loves what he does, and if I were to tell him, I'd ruin it for him.

I became better at hiding my sickness. I was still performing even though I wasn't feeling well. I was gaining weight though. I gained about 15 pounds.

The weight change was beginning to show. I was afraid that someone would notice, especially the media. That was the last thing I needed, for the next tabloid to say 'Cassidy Davis pregnant! Who's the father?'

I hated the desicion I made. I had to do it though. It wasn't the best choice, matter of fact it's a stupid choice.

Michael was out doing Press stuff as usual, so now was my chance to do what I had to do.

I looked for all my belongings and stuffed them in my two luggages, making sure that I didn't forget anything. I didn't want to leave anything behind.

Once again, I left a note. It read:
"I'm so sorry, Michael. You'll be better without me bothering you. Even though I have to let you go I love you. -Cassidy"

I then placed it on the bunk that we shared.

I stepped outside of the bus and I was stopped by Karen.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Well, I'm gonna go donate the clothes that don't fit me anymore and go buy some that do." I said thinking fast.

"That's so nice of you." She smiled,"Make sure you're back by 4 though. Michael wants to rehearse a little more today."

Karen was the only person I said goodbye to. What she didn't know was that, that was the last I would talk to her.

I had called a cab to pick me up at a certain time.Good thing that the cab got here at the right time. Michael left about three hours ago, so he would probably be heading back by now.

I put my luggages in the trunk of the car, and hopped in the back.

I felt the tears coming when I told the cab driver to head to the airport. The lump in my throat was getting worse. I just let the tears fall silently.

I couldn't believe I was leaving Michael. I am so stupid, i thought. I had to go though.

As the cab came to a stop i thanked the man and paid him a little extra for having to hear me sob in the back for the last 30 minutes.

I didn't know where I was going, but I was going somewhere. Any ticket that was available, I would take.

I went into the bathroom to re-do my makeup. As I applied my eyeliner, a pregnant women stepped out of the stall and smiled at me.

"My god," She sighed,"You know my husband is more excited about this baby than I am. He always told me, I want a baby, so here I am now."

I smiled at her as she rambeled. She wasn't old, probably around my age. She had long dark brown hair and green eyes.

"Im Amy by the way." She said extending her arm.

"I'm Cassidy."

"You're from that one band my husband likes! Anyways, where are you headed to?"

"I don't know." I answered honestly.

"So you're at an airport, with two giant luggages, yet you don't know where you're going?" she asked

"I honestly don't know." I laughed.

"You seem pretty laid back." She smiled at me.

She then heard her flight number being called saying that they take off in 20 mintues.

"Let's keep in contact." She said handing me a piece of paper with her number on it.

I kept her number. I had no idea who she was but I really needed a friend right now.

As I went up to buy my ticket, I heard the only flight available was to New York.

"Would you like a round-trip or a one way ticket miss?"

I wouldn't be coming back.

"One way." I said without hesitation.

She gave me my ticket then told me to get to the gates because the plane would leave in 10 minutes.

As they checked my ticket, I heard a voice yelling my name. I turned my head a little only to see Karen and Jennifer trying to locate me. They continued to look as I stepped onto the plane.

The airport was busy today. It wouldn't have been that easy to spot me.

I took a seat and then I felt the roar of the plane. I looked out of the window, I could see Jennifer still looking for me through the giant windows that saw the inside of the entire airport. Her hair made her easy to spot.

I once again felt the tears coming as the plane lifted off of the ground.

I replayed the events that happened two months ago after I got back from the doctors.

"Anything wrong?" Michael asked as I stepped into the car.

"Nope. He said it's just a case of food poisining."

"Oh , thank god it's not something worse." he smiled at me.

He then just looked at me and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I love you." he said.


I got up to fix my make up for the third time that day.

As I got up I bumped into Amy again.

"Oh my god! You're coming to New York?" She exclaimed quietly.

"Yeah. I am. It was a last minute choice actually." I laughed.

"Are you sitting with someone? Or are you alone?" she asked.

"I'm alone."

With that she grabbed her bags and came to sit next to me.

"That old guy was starting to get annoying with his scientific talk."

She was funny. Just the kind of person I needed to be around right now.

"So, are you visiting someone in NY?"

"Long story short, I'm moving there. I might just move there, if I find a place to stay."

"Really? I own a house across the street from my home. I can rent it out to you if you'd like."

"Really? I mean it would be nice of you, but I think I should find something I could afford first." I laughed.

"Look, you could live there for free until you get settled in and you get money to start paying me."

"Really? You would let me?" I asked surprised.

"I guess I would. You seem like fun and plus I don't want those old people moving there."

"That would be great!"

"No problem. It's a 3 bedroom home, already furnished, and everything."

I was shocked that she was doing this for me. She barely knew anything about me yet she treated me as if we were related.

The flight lasted a few hours and after we were finally in New York. Amy said she would give me ride to my "new pad" as she called it.

We waited outside for her husband to pick us up.

She pulled my arm when she saw her husband driving up.

He stepped out of the car and gave her a bear hug, like Michael used to do to me.

"Amy, why do you have Cassidy Davis with you?"
He asked.

"She's renting our other house."

"Im David. Huge fan, Cassidy." he shook my hand.

They were both really kind to me. I realized that as long as I had someone, living in New York would be alright.

As we arrived, they let me settle into my new home. What they didn't tell me was that they lived in the rich neighborhood. The house wasn't as small as I thought, but David and Amy were doing me a huge favor so I couldn't complain.

I had to get used to the new area now. My new home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if I made this happen too soon or if it's crappy but I tried.

:S