One Day in Your Life

Phone Call.

It's been almost two weeks since I gave Michael my number and he still hasn't called. It was getting to the point where I thought he was just messing around with me. There is no way in hell he would want to be friends with me.

Just as I was walking back up to my room the phone rang and I hurried down to get it.

"Hello?" I answered cheerfully.
"Hi, is Carlos there?" I sighed.
"Wrong number." I hung up the phone and walked up to my room disappointed.

Maybe he didn't forget. Maybe he was just busy. Ugh, I sound like a teenage girl. The thing is I don't like Michael like that. Sure, he was attractive and all but I just wanted a friend. Someone who knew what it was like to be me. Someone who will be there for me when I need help.

Lost deep in thought, my eyes were getting heavy and began to close. It felt almost as if I slept 15 minutes when I felt my mom lightly shaking me.

"Cassidy? Honey, wake up." I slowly opened my eyes and saw my mom holding the phone.
"Somebody wants to talk to you."
I took the phone from her and thanked her for waking me up.

"Hello?"
"Hey, it's me, Michael."
"I thought you forgot about me." I laughed lightly.
"I didn't forget about you. I've been busy, but I called as soon as I could."
"I know what you mean." I nodded even though he couldn't see.

We were left in an awkward silence for a couple minutes and then he decided to say something.

"So, listen."
"I'm listening." I cut him off as he chuckled.
"I can tell you. You haven't said very much."
"Well, what is it you were you were going to say?"
"Oh! Yeah, see, I'm having this party like thing here at my house tomorrow and I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come?"
I thought about it for a second then smiled,"You know I'm not really into parties."
"Girl, I have seen you on t.v. and covers of magazines partying until 3 in the morning and you're going to tell me you aren't into parties?"
"I was kidding, I'd love to go." I laughed.
"Good. It's just going to be my family and I."
I gave a nervous laugh.
"Whats Wrong?"
"I'm not the most angelic person out there."
"So what?"
"Your parents?" I said.
"You'll be fine." He assured me, "And I'll be there if they say anything to you. Got it?"
"Yeah."

He gave me directions to his house and I was actually excited to see him again.

I found myself smiling after remembering him saying that he would be there for me if his family said anything bad about me.

Maybe he is my friend after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, It was really long at first, but once again when I tried to preview it Mibba decided to log me out and erase everything I wrote and now I can't remember what I wrote. Grr. Mibba makes me mad sometimes. Anyways comment? Subscribe?