One Day in Your Life

Rejected.

Michaels party thing is today, I went from being excited to nervous to excited again.
Nervous because of his family being there, excited because I get to see Michael again. For some odd reason I really cared about my appearance today. Yes, I liked looking nice, but today I was just throwing things around undecided on what made me look great.

I finally landed on a cute white dress that was short but not too short. As for shoes I didn't feel like wearing heels today so I just wore plain white sandals. I put on a bit of eyeliner and looked at myself in the mirror and groaned in annoyance. My hair looked extremely flat so I pulled out my curling iron and began curling my hair.

When I was done with my hair, I applied a bit of lip gloss on and left.

As I got to the gates of his house I began to feel nervous once again, just as I was about to turn around and leave, I saw, who I assume was Janet, step outside of the house and wave at me. Now I couldn't leave.

"You must be Cassidy."She smiled at me.
"Michael has been talking about you lately, it's great that he has a new friend."

I just stood and smiled as she talked. Janet was friendly and I didn't really want to interrupt her.
She walked me farther into the house until we reached a hall next to the living room.

"So-"I began before she held her finger at her mouth and whispered, "Let's listen."

I heard Michaels voice first.

"I wonder if Cassidy is coming yet."
"She's probably on her way." Tito said.
"That Cassidy girl has a bangin' body." The comment that Jermaine made, left me cracking up.

Everyone turned around and saw me and Janet in the hall, Jermaine blushed and walked away quickly.

"Cassidy."Michael said in almost a whisper.
I gave a small wave,"Hey guys."

Janet gave me a small smile and walked away, leaving me with Michael and Tito.

"Here Cassidy, have a seat." Tito stood from his spot and walked away leaving me and Michael by ourselves, In which I saw Michael glare at him.

I smiled at him as he turned around and looked at me.
"Why are you so far away,"He laughed. "Come sit over here." He motioned to the spot on the couch next to him in which I moved.

"Sorry about Jermaines' comment."
I laughed,"Don't worry about it."
He smiled,"So, are you still gonna be my leading lady on tour?"
"What? Michael I got cut."
"No you didn't, they called your number because I wanted to talk to you."
"Oh."He chuckled,"Well then I guess I'll do it. This is great!" I unexpectedly hugged him in which I quickly pulled away and blushed.

"You're blushing." He said as I lied and in return felt the heat rise to my cheeks again.
"It's cute." He smiled.
I looked up to see his eyes still on me.
"Wow, you're eyes are beautiful. Blue with a bit of gray mixed into them."
I blushed even more as I looked into his big, round chocolaty eyes.

I felt him slowly leaning his head down and I moved back, "I need to use the bathroom."
He laughed and pointed down the hall.

I rushed in there and leaned against the door. Did he just try to kiss me? Did he say me blushing was cute? Was he flirting with me? Oh god. What am I getting myself into, this isn't good. I can't fall for him.

Once I calmed down, I opened the door and came face to face with Jermaine.

"Cassidy, hey, Can I talk to you for a second?"
"Sure." I said not really wanting too as he placed his hand on my lower back.
We walked out to the backyard in which we passed Michael still waiting for me on the couch. I once again saw him glare at his brother and he walked away.

Jermaine pulled out a chair for me at a little table and I sat down.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" He began.
"Nope. No boyfriend."
"Really? A girl as pretty as you is single?" He moved his hand on the table on top of my hand.
"I guess so." I said quietly as I began to feel uncomfortable.
"I'd love to get to know you better, what about Saturday night? We can go out to eat or something."
"Jermaine, I don't know."
He laughed, his laugh nowhere near as amazing as Michaels."Yes or no."
"Well, I kind of have feelings for somebody else." I lied. He removed his hand.
"Oh." He said quietly.
"Sorry, maybe we can be friends."
He didn't look up but slowly nodded. I got up from my spot and gave him a quick hug.

I looked up and saw Michael glaring at us from his spot by the pool. Does he not want me here? I walked away from Jermaine and sat next to Michael.

"I just turned down your brother." He turned around to look at me.
"Jermaine asked you out?" I nodded as he shook his head.
"I didn't know whether he was actually sad, or wanted me to feel bad for him."
"He has a girlfriend." My mouth hung open.
"That jerk."
"I'm glad you turned him down, he deserves it."
"Does he do that a lot?"
"Cheat on his girlfriends? Yes."
"Well then I'm glad I turned him down. I told him I liked somebody else."
"Do you like somebody else?" He looked at me. I had somehow formed a small crush for Michael over our phone conversation last night. I didn't know if I should tell him though.

"There is this one guy I kind of like."
"Who?"
I laughed,"It's a secret."
"If we're going to be best friends then we might as well start sharing secrets." He smiled.
"Then this is one secret that will have to wait."

He pouted in which I swear I just wanted to kiss him, but I didn't. Instead I reached into the water and splashed him.

He jumped into the pool in which he grabbed my leg and tried to pull me in.
"Wait!" I sat up and pulled off my dress, leaving me in only my bikini, and jumped into the pool with Michael.

"I'm glad you came today."
"I'm glad I came today too."I smiled as I pushed him down into the water.

"Hey, where are your parents?"I asked.
He sighed and pointed at them sitting by the kitchen door.
"Your dad is giving me a scary look."
He laughed, "Don't mind Joseph. He isn't giving you any kind of look, that's just the way his face looks."

He swam underwater and pulled me down under as well.

Soon we ate and just sat in the living room watching movies. It began to get dark and it was almost midnight.

"I should get going now."I stood up.
"It's midnight. Just stay in the guest room for tonight."Michal said.
"I don't have any clothes."
"Come on."He took my hand and lead me up to his closet.
"Is this where I'm sleeping?" I laughed.
"Choose something."

I chose out a red button up shirt and walked out.

"You don't want any shorts or something?" He asked.
I smiled and walked into the room down the hall, leaving him to himself.
"Cassidy? Shorts?" He asked again.
"Goodnight Michael." I called out.