Sequel: Torn
Status: Complete. <3 Wait around for the sequel!

Sentenced to Love

30

I sighed, sitting down on my bunk and just rolling over towards the cold cement wall. I wasn’t hungry, but I didn’t want to stay alone in the cell. But I also didn’t want to face the threat of getting beat up again… and I didn’t want anything to do with the little bitch above me. But when the guard finally did come and my stomach growled, I decided it would be best to get a bite to eat. Even if it was only a little bit.

I walked down the hall without a word, and when we were inside the cafeteria I was surprised that no one else was saying a word… Something was up. I grabbed my food and sat down at my table. I looked around curiously, playing with my vegetables while I did this.

What the hell was going on?

It was like a bomb went off or something… all the girls rushed up to the front and started attacking the guards with anything they could get a hold of. Forks, spoons, pop cans, even trays… it was an all out riot.

When the sirens started to wail I calmly got up. I had seen one of these before… no one usually got out… But I had no intentions of staying in this hell hole long enough to see another one.

I let my eyes sweep across the room, just barely catching a glance of Alyss running out with another pack of girls. Maybe I’d follow them….. No. That’d be stupid.. They were going to get caught in a huge group like that.

Maybe.

I ran after them anyways, avoiding guards easily and staying out of the way of screaming cell mates. I kept running, running and running until I seen those huge doors. The entrance doors. The entrance doors that were wide open. I bolted out of them to see even more of a riot outside. It seemed as though lots of other cell mates wanted out… and about two thirds of the jail birds were fighting for their freedom… right outside. Blocking my way to freedom.

So I joined the fight. I scratched, bit, kicked, and screamed all the way to the entrance. And from there I ran. I ran into the nearest forest and kept going until I could no longer hear the lingering sirens. I flopped down against a tree and gave myself a good look over. Broken nose, a few scrapes and cuts, a tacky orange jump suit.

I was going to be okay.

I was free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked it : )